Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,691 members, 7,816,824 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

Is This Legal? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is This Legal? (962 Views)

Is This Legal? / Is This Legal At All? An India Only Job Advert Slot In Abuja / Policy And Legal Advocacy Centre (PLAC) Legislative Internship Recruitment 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This Legal? by johnime: 3:07pm On Aug 08, 2018
"Hello, So a friend is about to get a job in a pharmaceutical coy for a medical rep role.
One rule is that they would have to tender their originals cert. That whenever they need it, they would write an application stating why.
Please is this even legal?what's your opinion?
Re: Is This Legal? by ExplicitConect: 3:11pm On Aug 08, 2018
This is Nigeria where your performance review over a period, say 6months or 1 year is only based on the things you didn't do right in the one-month to the actual review.

A reflection of why Nigeria is a failed state.

3 Likes

Re: Is This Legal? by merit455(m): 3:26pm On Aug 08, 2018
Like seriously, they just wants someone that work as a child for them. What sort of rubbish is that.
Re: Is This Legal? by Hotfreeze: 3:04am On Aug 10, 2018
Is slavery legal?

Since you don't value your certificates, go and drop it for them na.
Re: Is This Legal? by farydah: 3:19am On Aug 10, 2018
your friend should not drop his original certificates please!
Re: Is This Legal? by Screwface(m): 7:06am On Aug 10, 2018
This friend of yours is obviously going to be given goods worth in excess of 10 million naira. Asking you to drop the original of your certificate is some sort of collateral for the company. These days, guarantors hardly comply. The only reason the certificate will be returned is if the person completely zeros his account at the point of exit from the company.

If this friend of yours intend to do that, he can go ahead. If he already has doubts, he better hold on to the certificate and rejects the job. Fidson Pharmaceutical, Greenlife, Seagreen and Embassy pharmaceuticals, these are companies I know that requires you to drop off your B. Pharm or any other certificates before you resume duties. Many others are now following that route.

About the legality of this, I don't even know. Anyways, think well before you do.

4 Likes

Re: Is This Legal? by Jamean(f): 1:52pm On Aug 10, 2018
Screwface:
This friend of yours is obviously going to be given goods worth in excess of 10 million naira. Asking you to drop the original of your certificate is some sort of collateral for the company. These days, guarantors hardly comply. The only reason the certificate will be returned is if the person completely zeros his account at the point of exit from the company.

If this friend of yours intend to do that, he can go ahead. If he already has doubts, he better hold on to the certificate and rejects the job. Fidson Pharmaceutical, Greenlife, Seagreen and Embassy pharmaceuticals, these are companies I know that requires you to drop off your B. Pharm or any other certificates before you resume duties. Many others are now following that route.

About the legality of this, I don't even know. Anyways, think well before you do.

Hmmm! Fidson sounds very familiar undecided
Re: Is This Legal? by Screwface(m): 2:20pm On Aug 10, 2018
Jamean:

Hmmm! Fidson sounds very familiar undecided

You drink their Asytimin, don't you? cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Is This Legal? by Jamean(f): 10:39pm On Aug 11, 2018
Screwface:

You drink their Asytimin, don't you? cheesy

Lol! I worked there for a short time.

3 Likes

Re: Is This Legal? by johnime: 3:17pm On Aug 13, 2018
Thanks.
Screwface:

Re: Is This Legal? by lavylilly: 2:19am On Jan 15, 2023
Yes it is
Re: Is This Legal? by Pojomojo: 9:19am On Mar 05, 2023
shocked
Re: Is This Legal? by lavylilly: 7:08am On Nov 30, 2023
grin

(1) (Reply)

Frsc List Of Shortlisted Candidates For Cbt Test / Who Else Received Invitee From Bon Industries LTD? / Apply Now: 10 New Jobs Available.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.