Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,945 members, 7,835,141 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:56 AM

Man Kills Father, Commits Suicide In Efon Alaaye Ekiti State - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Kills Father, Commits Suicide In Efon Alaaye Ekiti State (12470 Views)

17-Year-Old Boy Commits Suicide In Lagos / Son Kills Father In Ogun For Preventing Him From Going Out / Man Kills Father In Anambra, Sets Corpse On Fire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Kills Father, Commits Suicide In Efon Alaaye Ekiti State by Ekiti360(m): 3:36am On Aug 09, 2018
A 32-year-old man, Lekan Adediran, has stabbed his 80-year-old father, Lawrence, to death after which he killed himself.

Lekan, who is believed to be suffering from mental illness, killed his father on Monday in Efon Alaaye, headquarters of Efon Local Government Area of Ekiti.

The News Agency Nigeria reports that the state police command had confirmed the incident, saying an investigation into the incident had started.

Eyewitnesses said Lekan killed himself with the same broken bottle he used in stabbing his father.

The culprit’s elder brother, Ojo Adediran, who reported the case at the Efron Divisional Police Station, said his brother was mentally unstable, adding that he committed the offence at 9.45pm.

The Police Public Relations Officer in Ekiti, Deputy Superintendent of Police Caleb Ikechukwu, said the corpses of the two victims had been deposited at the morgue of General Hospital, Efon Alaaye.

Lekan’s brother approached the police station in Efon Alaaye to report how his brother killed their 80-year-old father with a broken bottle and also killed himself after succeeding in his devilish act.

Their corpses are presently at Efon General hospital for autopsy. However, the police had been able to maintain peace and orderliness in the town.

We are not relying on the accounts rendered to the police by the victim’s brother alone.

We are still going to conduct an investigation to ascertain the veracity of the claim of insanity and the reason behind the killing and the subsequent suicide option taken by Lekan, he said.

http://kikiotolu.com/man-kills-father-commits-suicide-in-efon-alaaye-ekiti-state/

1 Like

Re: Man Kills Father, Commits Suicide In Efon Alaaye Ekiti State by eezeribe(m): 3:41am On Aug 09, 2018
Double wahala indeed for dead body...

4 Likes

Re: Man Kills Father, Commits Suicide In Efon Alaaye Ekiti State by Nobody: 4:44am On Aug 09, 2018
Lekan, who is believed to be suffering from mental illness, killed his father on Monday in Efon Alaaye, headquarters of Efon Local Government Area of Ekiti.
He should have been in a mental home prior now.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Kills Father, Commits Suicide In Efon Alaaye Ekiti State by Flexherbal(m): 5:33am On Aug 09, 2018
May their souls rest in peace !
Re: Man Kills Father, Commits Suicide In Efon Alaaye Ekiti State by BigSarah(f): 10:45am On Aug 09, 2018
Fayemi bad luck has started affecting the fortunes of the state already.
Only a jobless youth will engage in such
That's why self employment is key
Help this undergraduate Stay in business, check signature for more wink kiss

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Kills Father, Commits Suicide In Efon Alaaye Ekiti State by Princess4ng(f): 10:45am On Aug 09, 2018
should i call this Endtime??

1 Like

Re: Man Kills Father, Commits Suicide In Efon Alaaye Ekiti State by Josh44s(m): 10:46am On Aug 09, 2018
This is very sad and disheartening... embarassed

Re: Man Kills Father, Commits Suicide In Efon Alaaye Ekiti State by 3rdavefarms(m): 10:47am On Aug 09, 2018
I will reclaim Efon Alaye back when I become the Governor of Osun State
Re: Man Kills Father, Commits Suicide In Efon Alaaye Ekiti State by Offpoint: 10:51am On Aug 09, 2018
Speechless here
Re: Man Kills Father, Commits Suicide In Efon Alaaye Ekiti State by nepapole(m): 10:51am On Aug 09, 2018
Princess4ng:

should i call this Endtime??
yes
Re: Man Kills Father, Commits Suicide In Efon Alaaye Ekiti State by Nobody: 10:52am On Aug 09, 2018
If only he pulled out that night
Re: Man Kills Father, Commits Suicide In Efon Alaaye Ekiti State by Firefire(m): 10:52am On Aug 09, 2018
RIP

I will not blame Buhary & APC for this. embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Man Kills Father, Commits Suicide In Efon Alaaye Ekiti State by Nobody: 10:52am On Aug 09, 2018
which mental illness
Abi his dad convinced him to vote for Buhari

2 Likes

Re: Man Kills Father, Commits Suicide In Efon Alaaye Ekiti State by emmabest2000(m): 10:52am On Aug 09, 2018
Some parents that haven’t had a male child thinks that God is not fair to them

While some that rejoiced after a successful delivery of the male child got killed when he grew up

RIP to the papa

And to the son take what is written in the picture below

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Kills Father, Commits Suicide In Efon Alaaye Ekiti State by Butoneday2(m): 10:53am On Aug 09, 2018
This kain news always frm yoruba. Elected govnor neva enter pple don dey kill dem selves. Afonjas and brutal killings na dia way shaa

3 Likes

Re: Man Kills Father, Commits Suicide In Efon Alaaye Ekiti State by Princess4ng(f): 10:53am On Aug 09, 2018
nepapole:

yes

may God help us........
Re: Man Kills Father, Commits Suicide In Efon Alaaye Ekiti State by Alen4smit: 10:53am On Aug 09, 2018
BigSarah:
Fayemi bad luck has started affecting the fortunes of the state already.
Only a jobless youth will engage in such
That's why self employment is key
Help this undergraduate Stay in business, check signature for more wink kiss
why have you chosen to ridicule your IQ on social media?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Kills Father, Commits Suicide In Efon Alaaye Ekiti State by lamideee(f): 10:53am On Aug 09, 2018
eezeribe:
Double wahala indeed for dead body...
and the owner of dead body
Re: Man Kills Father, Commits Suicide In Efon Alaaye Ekiti State by durubennie(m): 10:54am On Aug 09, 2018
village people
Re: Man Kills Father, Commits Suicide In Efon Alaaye Ekiti State by nepapole(m): 10:54am On Aug 09, 2018
Princess4ng:

may God help us........
Yes...only if we help ourselves.
Re: Man Kills Father, Commits Suicide In Efon Alaaye Ekiti State by BigSarah(f): 10:56am On Aug 09, 2018
Alen4smit:
why have you chosen to ridicule your IQ on social media?

My IQ is way advanced for cow butt sniffers to comprehend

1 Like

Re: Man Kills Father, Commits Suicide In Efon Alaaye Ekiti State by Princess4ng(f): 10:56am On Aug 09, 2018
nepapole:

Yes...only if we help ourselves.

my dear..... depression and frustration everywhere..... this country is something else.......... sometimes i think if other west African countries are like this

1 Like

Re: Man Kills Father, Commits Suicide In Efon Alaaye Ekiti State by Nobody: 10:56am On Aug 09, 2018
Mental health culture in this country is appalling, nonetheless that does not excuse what he did

RIP to the innocent that have departed
Re: Man Kills Father, Commits Suicide In Efon Alaaye Ekiti State by souljummy: 10:57am On Aug 09, 2018
no comment
Re: Man Kills Father, Commits Suicide In Efon Alaaye Ekiti State by Alen4smit: 11:00am On Aug 09, 2018
BigSarah:

My IQ is way advanced for cow butt sniffers to comprehend
you cant be a better judge in your own case besides you just displayed an IQ of a toddler you need to grow up and stop being petty

2 Likes

Re: Man Kills Father, Commits Suicide In Efon Alaaye Ekiti State by BigSarah(f): 11:05am On Aug 09, 2018
Alen4smit:
you cant be a better judge in your own case besides you just displayed an IQ of a toddler you need to grow up and stop being petty

I'll do that when I'm done being a teenager angry

1 Like

Re: Man Kills Father, Commits Suicide In Efon Alaaye Ekiti State by akanbiaa(m): 11:07am On Aug 09, 2018
The Brother that reported the case should be investigated well, it could be a ploy to inherit his father's property without sharing it with no one. And if it's true the late brother did what he did, it could be chronic depression for if he indeed has mental problem as they claimed they would have distanced themselves from him by placing him in a psychiatric hospital.
Re: Man Kills Father, Commits Suicide In Efon Alaaye Ekiti State by Oreofepeters: 11:15am On Aug 09, 2018
So sad.

Meanwhile, you can start Earning 10$ or more with your telegram app.

.check my signature
Re: Man Kills Father, Commits Suicide In Efon Alaaye Ekiti State by Justiceleague1: 11:16am On Aug 09, 2018
Fayemi apc buhari...

1 Like

Re: Man Kills Father, Commits Suicide In Efon Alaaye Ekiti State by Assassin101: 11:20am On Aug 09, 2018
IF YOU ASK ME,

I'd SAY "OJO ADENIRAN" IS THE CULPRIT

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Police Nab Man Who Uses Father's Gun To Steal Motorcycles In Osun (Photo) / Man Mistakenly Shoots Wife In Enugu / Protesters clash with police over death of Nigerian man killed by Greek police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.