Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,088 members, 7,821,757 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:58 PM

Man Cries Out After The Foreign Currency He Changed In Ikeja 'Disappeared' - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Cries Out After The Foreign Currency He Changed In Ikeja 'Disappeared' (19295 Views)

Beware, I Got Fake New Naira Notes From POS Operators - Man Cries Out (Video) / Could Not Recognise Nigerian Currency He Used It To Smoke Weed Haha � � / Stolen Car In Awka: He Parked His Car In Church And It Disappeared (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Cries Out After The Foreign Currency He Changed In Ikeja 'Disappeared' by PaulOgrady: 11:31am On Aug 09, 2018
Liar
Re: Man Cries Out After The Foreign Currency He Changed In Ikeja 'Disappeared' by GentlePEACE: 11:31am On Aug 09, 2018
internationalman:

It's very real bro.

I never believed joy stick could be taken too until I witnessed it when it happened to my cousin.
are you serious... How did it appear after the dissapearance? Flat skin? And has he recover it back since it a a spiritual case?
Re: Man Cries Out After The Foreign Currency He Changed In Ikeja 'Disappeared' by Aboguede(m): 11:31am On Aug 09, 2018
Re: Man Cries Out After The Foreign Currency He Changed In Ikeja 'Disappeared' by eakenbor: 11:32am On Aug 09, 2018
It is not juju. It happened to me last year at Allen Avenue. I lost 12k out of 24k they paid me even after I counted it. I went back there the next day but I could not find the culprits. Instead I met another set of criminals who pretended they don't do such. At first they told me it was juju and that the set of criminals have since moved to other locations. I refused to believe that it was juju. I pressed them for almost 1 hour rubbing minds with them and assuring them that I won't involve the police since 12k is quite small. After a while they agreed to show me what happened. They brought out 100k, asked me to count it. It was 99k after I counted. They added 1 more piece to make it 100k. I recounted it and it became around 50k. About 50k had "disappeared". They repeated the process of "vanishing" the money before my eyes and I learnt the trick. It is not juju. In fact, nothing like juju.

The trick is this. They give you a bunch of money, say 25k. You count and realized it is actually 24k. You hand the money back to the person who starts counting in the presence of everyone. There would be 2 or 3 other persons standing beside you. When their main man counts to the 24th piece, the rest of them will shout "twenty-four". One of them will simultaneously hit you on the shoulder in a friendly manner as the rest of them shout "twenty-four, oh na twenty-four". They would even shout it loud inside your ear like the screeching "kukuruuku". In less than a second, the shout and the hit will distract you and make you turn your head away from the counted money briefly. In that fraction of a second that you are distracted, the main guy would use his right hand to divide the 24 pieces into 2 and then swiftly transfer one half to his back pocket. After the distraction, as your head turns back to the money, you then see his hand coming from his back pocket bringing only 1k note as if he is adding the missing one piece to the other 24 pieces you thought was still in his hand, not knowing it is now 1 plus 12. Because you and the guy counted 24 pieces before and you witnessed the plus 1 that came from his back pocket, you will be 100% sure what he is giving you is now 25k. Then you collect without counting again. 99% of all humans would do the same thing by not counting again. At the same time, the rest of the guys that surrounded you would be standing so close to you that you would fear pick-pocketing and want to leave their midst fast. They will be asking you for drink money and that would want to make you leave them even faster. In my case, the 50 Euro I gave them was torn and because I didn't want it rejected I left there in a hurry. That then played in their favor. After I learnt the trick, I felt happy despite having lost about 12k because it further confirmed my conviction that there is nothing like juju.

2 Likes

Re: Man Cries Out After The Foreign Currency He Changed In Ikeja 'Disappeared' by Mutemenot(m): 11:33am On Aug 09, 2018
Had a similar experience at Seme Boarder that year. It's real
Re: Man Cries Out After The Foreign Currency He Changed In Ikeja 'Disappeared' by PRINCEVICKEY: 11:34am On Aug 09, 2018
next time ..even if u have 10k dollars...take dem to ur bank let dem credit the money and wait for it to disappear in ur account ...den i will salute the babalawo that do the juju for dem .....
Re: Man Cries Out After The Foreign Currency He Changed In Ikeja 'Disappeared' by Charleslewizy(m): 11:35am On Aug 09, 2018
Hahahaha......i used to be one of 'em doubting Thomas until it actually happened to me live and direct shocked
No be person tell me after I don form "can't happen to me cuz i don beliv da shit"
Re: Man Cries Out After The Foreign Currency He Changed In Ikeja 'Disappeared' by ajayiopy: 11:36am On Aug 09, 2018
IamHeWrites:
This is actually a regular occurrence in Lagos.

Read what he wrote on his Facebook page below;

https://www.torimill.co/news/9339/man-cries-out-after-the-foreign-currency-he-changed-in-ikeja-disappeared-when-he-got-to-his-destination.html

IT IS CALLED ANOBO.....IN YORUBA
Re: Man Cries Out After The Foreign Currency He Changed In Ikeja 'Disappeared' by PassingShot(m): 11:36am On Aug 09, 2018
directorXixXICK:
My money won't dare disappear in this buhari inflicted hard condition
You even get dollars? Lazy thing blaming anyone but himself for his failure.
Re: Man Cries Out After The Foreign Currency He Changed In Ikeja 'Disappeared' by franchasng: 11:37am On Aug 09, 2018
Please SARS should try and arrest those Bureau De Change thieves that operate along Opebi-Allen road, close to Allen roundabout.

Those thieves used jazz to collect $1500 from me one day. Na that day I realized that African jazz is real. For my front these guys stole $1500 out of the money I came with, only for me to realise when I got to another Mallam to change the money that $1500 was missing. I was just laughing out of heartbreak.

What annoyed me the most was the glaring robbery without my knowledge, gosh angry

Police should act on this tip off from me because when I went back there with some military guys, the Mallams there told me they have disappeared and will come back next day. I called the Mallam next day, he said they just defrauded another woman £2,000, I was like shocked shocked
I shared this experience yesterday, maybe nairalanders must have thought I was kidding

2 Likes

Re: Man Cries Out After The Foreign Currency He Changed In Ikeja 'Disappeared' by oilofgladness1(m): 11:37am On Aug 09, 2018
D day it happened to me in that same spot is still like a joke then 100$ was 16500 only for me to get to computer village to see only see 10k in my pocket.
Re: Man Cries Out After The Foreign Currency He Changed In Ikeja 'Disappeared' by ono(m): 11:40am On Aug 09, 2018
I had a similar experience. Front of the Lagos Airport. I observe that their exchange rate is usually higher than what the bureau de change offers. This lures you to them. I recall that the bureau de change rate was lower than theirs and this guy just kept following up till when I got to the taxi that was to take me to the hotel. I decided to go with him out of pity and exchanged the amount. I got to the hotel to find out that a large amount of the money exchanged was missing.

Whatever black magic those guys use has something to do with "illegality and greed" - I think. But it's worth investigating what they do and to check if these have any spiritual implications for the victims of their shenanigans.

2 Likes

Re: Man Cries Out After The Foreign Currency He Changed In Ikeja 'Disappeared' by fermlad: 11:42am On Aug 09, 2018
IamHeWrites:
This is actually a regular occurrence in Lagos.

Read what he wrote on his Facebook page below;

https://www.torimill.co/news/9339/man-cries-out-after-the-foreign-currency-he-changed-in-ikeja-disappeared-when-he-got-to-his-destination.html

Sure! I Read about it sometimes ago on Nairaland but forgot about it until after a similar at the same place by the same set of guys. I Took U.K based woman that came around to Lagos and she decided to change her Pounds Sterling there, in Front of Airport hotel, ikeja. After handing the naira equivalent to her while we were both sitted in the car, the notes were like one or two less, we handed it back to him to recount and he apologised and added the remainder back to us..and we drove off!
Lo and behold, a few meters away and she wanted to give me money.....Na so she realised several notes were missing...like one-third! She searched and searched her bag and seat in the car to no avail...IMMEDIATELY it flashed back across my mind i ve come across such stories sometimes ago on Nairaland!
She could only thank God she didn't do more than £40
Re: Man Cries Out After The Foreign Currency He Changed In Ikeja 'Disappeared' by emperorlaqrin: 11:43am On Aug 09, 2018
Lol my brother it's funny but you won't believe that the money did not dissappear but it was not complete when they gave you the money . I dont know how they do it but it has happened to I and a cousin the first time we changed money there. intact we thought the money fell off from my cousin pocket but the time I counted the cash with me also. 20% of the money Is off it. Bros we both accepted the loss like that ni o. the funniest part is I went to the same place to change money another time but this time I was very vegilant and in fact almost 10times this guy gave me the money it was not still complete and I made sure it was complete to the agreed rate the funniest part of it that day was that I held the money in my hand till I got home cos I no wan hear say money lost again

7 Likes

Re: Man Cries Out After The Foreign Currency He Changed In Ikeja 'Disappeared' by LyfeJennings(m): 11:43am On Aug 09, 2018
This is very true. Some 2years ago. Just by Airport Hotel. The same thing happened to me. But I was lucky. Not all the money disappeared. I changed 200dollars but what I had left was way shorter than that
Re: Man Cries Out After The Foreign Currency He Changed In Ikeja 'Disappeared' by Jokerman(m): 11:44am On Aug 09, 2018
so where should we do the change... Surulere roundabout or Binukonu market, ojota
Re: Man Cries Out After The Foreign Currency He Changed In Ikeja 'Disappeared' by emperorlaqrin: 11:47am On Aug 09, 2018
Jokerman:
so where should we do the change... Surulere roundabout or Binukonu market, ojota

Try and have a trusted aboki that will change the money for you or you go to the bank

1 Like

Re: Man Cries Out After The Foreign Currency He Changed In Ikeja 'Disappeared' by Ugosample(m): 11:48am On Aug 09, 2018
Olalan:
Somethings are just not explainable.
BTW some peeps would say this is bullshit until it happens to them.....this is africa

a dumb, wicked ignorant and useless continent.

Let us assume that witchcraft and supernatural powers are real (there is a good chance that it's real)

How come Africans who seek this powers don't seek it for knowledge to better their lot, or other productive or sensible things

Why do Africans who seek diabolic powers seek it for malevolent things?

useless continent

1 Like

Re: Man Cries Out After The Foreign Currency He Changed In Ikeja 'Disappeared' by kay5you: 11:49am On Aug 09, 2018
Why can’t you do bank transfer tongue
Re: Man Cries Out After The Foreign Currency He Changed In Ikeja 'Disappeared' by Nobody: 11:50am On Aug 09, 2018
Jay5mie:
grin

It doesn't disappear...they actually play with your head...we encounter them daily in seme boarder.

Next time shine your eyes well

They will count 100k but what they are actually holding is 30k cheesy cheesy

God is my witness, same scenario happened to me and a friend almost 10 years ago at the same airport hotel. Over 100k short of pounds we went to change. Since that time, I have promised my self never to change money outside bureau d change again or with someone I don't know physically. We were fully played and fell victim of their distractions either by juju or I can't even say despite counting the money severally to be correct until we got to where to do another transactions. Those guys have been there for years and are experts in what they do.

2 Likes

Re: Man Cries Out After The Foreign Currency He Changed In Ikeja 'Disappeared' by distilledwalex(m): 11:52am On Aug 09, 2018
The best way to expose them is make sure you have a partner ... Count the money yourself and give the other person to confirm... I've done this to them severaly and they would just say no no no and collect thierthief money .. If you're able to do that.. The second person would detect the fraud... Trust me .. It works. The money only disappears at the second count.

6 Likes

Re: Man Cries Out After The Foreign Currency He Changed In Ikeja 'Disappeared' by RevenGeMission: 11:54am On Aug 09, 2018
If you want to stay in Business, its time to stop hating on someone who obviously is above and beyond your generation

BigSarah:
Can they make buhari disappear? shocked
No?!
Not interested angry
Help this undergraduate Stay in business, check signature for more wink kiss
Re: Man Cries Out After The Foreign Currency He Changed In Ikeja 'Disappeared' by Teeceepat(f): 11:56am On Aug 09, 2018
izzou:
grin

Let me go and change this $20 with me.

I will confirm and get back to you angry
lol......
Re: Man Cries Out After The Foreign Currency He Changed In Ikeja 'Disappeared' by tiwiex(m): 11:58am On Aug 09, 2018
cornoil:
it's just the more you look, the less you see. common occurrence at that spot.
It doesn't disappear. What happens is a game of distraction. I experienced it and in my smartness they still pulled it off.

They count the money and give to you. It would be one more short. You tell them and they insist it's complete. They tell you to bring it back and you do feeling smart you caught on.

In the short moment you catch on, you probably look away and they double d note in a way they count the same note twice.

For some strange reason on this second count, you don't usually recount because you feel you watched them. They also rush you and out you under pressure that police is coming soon.

You zoom off. Swindle complete. End of story.

5 Likes

Re: Man Cries Out After The Foreign Currency He Changed In Ikeja 'Disappeared' by Anonymous1900: 11:59am On Aug 09, 2018
Exactly what happens, no magic here. Just quick hand tricks. They never let you count it. They count it in front of you and you confirm with them visually. Once they give you the cash they begin to hurry you up saying things like where you guys are is not safe and police could carry all of you just so you give them they currency and they bolt without you verifying.
Once you arrive your destination then amount is reduced and you assume magic. if you ever insist on counting yourself, they will quiclly tell you people are coming and to bring the naira they just gave you and bolt.
Jay5mie:
grin

It doesn't disappear...they actually play with your head...we encounter them daily in seme boarder.

2 Likes

Re: Man Cries Out After The Foreign Currency He Changed In Ikeja 'Disappeared' by Nobody: 11:59am On Aug 09, 2018
Jay5mie:
grin

They simply fool people. What they do is count say 97k as 100k. They give you to count and you will only see 97k. Then you complain. They will take it back and pretend to add the bal 3k. While doing that one other accomplice will distract you. In the process the cash is halved and given to you. Naturally you wont bother recounting, so you drive off with say 70k in place of 100k. Nothing disappeared. All you should have done was to recount, but laziness will not allow you.

8 Likes

Re: Man Cries Out After The Foreign Currency He Changed In Ikeja 'Disappeared' by indomitable234: 12:00pm On Aug 09, 2018
Oga it is not jazz, u were played a fast one by those guys,i stay around that area so i know how they operate

1 Like

Re: Man Cries Out After The Foreign Currency He Changed In Ikeja 'Disappeared' by BigSarah(f): 12:01pm On Aug 09, 2018
RevenGeMission:
If you want to stay in Business, its time to stop hating on someone who obviously is above and beyond your generation

His style of governance hurts every part of my life. If something hurts you pray it goes away!

3 Likes

Re: Man Cries Out After The Foreign Currency He Changed In Ikeja 'Disappeared' by innocential3032(m): 12:05pm On Aug 09, 2018
Boda willi willi is in town
Re: Man Cries Out After The Foreign Currency He Changed In Ikeja 'Disappeared' by AiiVee(m): 12:12pm On Aug 09, 2018
9ja i hail thee!!! Spiritual transfer of money since the 1960s
Re: Man Cries Out After The Foreign Currency He Changed In Ikeja 'Disappeared' by seuncyber(m): 12:16pm On Aug 09, 2018
The more you look the less you see

Let me break it down

Next time go back there to change your $100

100$ is 35200

This guys will give you 30k right it remains 5200

They will give you the 30k to count and you will surely reply him this is 30k now he remain 5200

Now open your eyes put that 30k separately in another pocket

The juju will be be the balance that 5200

Now hold the 5200 in your hands and spend just 10min more with him then before you no it the 5200 will go

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fake Policeman Who Collected N100k Bail Money From Suspect Mum Arrested In Kano / Kidnappers Demand N15m On Zamfara Twins, Vow To Kill One If Payment Not Made On / Air Force Operatives Descend On Tax Force Men In Calabar. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.