Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,929 members, 7,828,233 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:58 AM

Newly Married Final Year Student Dies During Child Birth - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Newly Married Final Year Student Dies During Child Birth (32520 Views)

Amelia Pounds, Nigerian Lady, Dies During Plastic Surgery In India (Photos) / This Hospital Killed My Wife During Child Birth / After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Newly Married Final Year Student Dies During Child Birth by FaceThem: 11:48am On Aug 10, 2018
Eagleword14:
This is so sad cry
RIP
Where have u been
Re: Newly Married Final Year Student Dies During Child Birth by fascowilly(m): 12:03pm On Aug 10, 2018
RIP
Re: Newly Married Final Year Student Dies During Child Birth by micflo28(m): 12:08pm On Aug 10, 2018
thorpido:
Maternal mortality is still very high in this part of the world.
Make that maternal and infant mortality. Quality Anti-natal and quick response of doctors to women in labor are key to cushioning this.

1 Like

Re: Newly Married Final Year Student Dies During Child Birth by Zanxx(f): 12:15pm On Aug 10, 2018
thorpido:
cry Maternal mortality is still very high in this part of the world.Sad

Please start ante-natal early as soon as you discover you are pregnant.Obey all instructions given including medication you are to take and NOT to take.
Please if you are told you would need a Caesarian section,don't try to force vaginal birth.Health of mother and baby most important.

100% truth. It saddens me when you tell pregnant women they have to undergo CS and they refuse then proceed to speak in tongues. I am a christian myself but such behaviour baffles me. One woman's husband threatened to beat the obstetrician up if he mentioned CS again. Working in a hospital isnt easy because sometimes you just wish you can slap the ignorance out of some people.

1 Like

Re: Newly Married Final Year Student Dies During Child Birth by Plolly(f): 12:21pm On Aug 10, 2018
As a pregnant woman I'm not supposed to be reading this kind of news

1 Like

Re: Newly Married Final Year Student Dies During Child Birth by Egalitarian1: 12:42pm On Aug 10, 2018
Rest in peace
Re: Newly Married Final Year Student Dies During Child Birth by SisiStar007: 12:44pm On Aug 10, 2018
sotall:
R.I.P to her

Why tag her "academic phase" with the headline?

From her picture, she must be among the mama in class
Pregnancy may have taken its toll on her hun, be nice smiley
RIP dear...
Re: Newly Married Final Year Student Dies During Child Birth by SisiStar007: 12:46pm On Aug 10, 2018
Plolly:
As a pregnant woman I'm not supposed to be reading this kind of news
Set your heart n thoughts right luv kiss kiss wishing you a safe delivery in advance kiss kiss
Re: Newly Married Final Year Student Dies During Child Birth by Plolly(f): 12:52pm On Aug 10, 2018
SisiStar007:

Set your heart n thoughts right luv kiss kiss wishing you a safe delivery in advance kiss kiss
thanks sis
Re: Newly Married Final Year Student Dies During Child Birth by notoriousbabe: 1:18pm On Aug 10, 2018
DankemzI:
Why crime section
because dying is a crime
Re: Newly Married Final Year Student Dies During Child Birth by midastouch040(f): 1:59pm On Aug 10, 2018
Religious organizations are to blame too because they applaud louder when a woman gives testimony and says she rejected CS and laboured for days and finally gave birth naturally.

Even if she eventually had CS or planned for a CS originally, she may not mention it. Religious houses and families should stop stigmatising CS so more women can live. Though it still boils down to ignorance and lack of finances sometimes.

2 Likes

Re: Newly Married Final Year Student Dies During Child Birth by mrsfavour(f): 2:29pm On Aug 10, 2018
thorpido:
cry Maternal mortality is still very high in this part of the world.Sad

Please start ante-natal early as soon as you discover you are pregnant.Obey all instructions given including medication you are to take and NOT to take.
Please if you are told you would need a Caesarian section,don't try to force vaginal birth.Health of mother and baby most important.
true ,when doctors suggests c.s people don't seem to accept it,and most times its safer than v.delivery. RIP
Re: Newly Married Final Year Student Dies During Child Birth by AkhereOkaka(m): 4:03pm On Aug 10, 2018
Mrop:
The Kogi State College of Education, Ankpa, has been thrown into mourning, following the death of a final year student who died yestersay during childbirth.

Abigail, a student of the English Department, was said to have died inside the labor room.

Gist From Praize News

More below
http://www.praizenews.com/newly-married-final-year-student-dies-during-child-birth/
No woman deserves to die through child birth, rest in peace

Re: Newly Married Final Year Student Dies During Child Birth by Toxay(m): 7:12pm On Aug 10, 2018
Zanxx:

100% truth. It saddens me when you tell pregnant women they have to undergo CS and they refuse then proceed to speak in tongues. I am a christian myself but such behaviour baffles me. One woman's husband threatened to beat the obstetrician up if he mentioned CS again. Working in a hospital isnt easy because sometimes you just wish you can slap the ignorance out of some people.
It even becomes especially annoying when an "educated" person exhibit this ignorant and dangerous attitude.
Sensitization is very important. Also, we need more Doctors and other health workers to specialize in community medicine

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

3, 500 Male Sex Workers, Mostly Married, Discovered In Abuja - NACA / Baby Disfigured By Boko Haram Attack To Begin Surgery (Graphic Photos) / Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.