Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,204 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:36 AM

I'm Having Serious Issues With My Step Dad Please Advice Me. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm Having Serious Issues With My Step Dad Please Advice Me. (6045 Views)

I Am Not Happy With My Dad Please Advise Me / Unusual Behavior Between My Step Brother And My Wife / My Step Dad Is Maltreating My Mom, I Am Confused (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Having Serious Issues With My Step Dad Please Advice Me. by engrj(m): 4:26am On Aug 10, 2018
I have been advised to take this post down.
Pls mod help.

1 Like

Re: I'm Having Serious Issues With My Step Dad Please Advice Me. by engrj(m): 4:27am On Aug 10, 2018
Re: I'm Having Serious Issues With My Step Dad Please Advice Me. by engrj(m): 4:27am On Aug 10, 2018
Re: I'm Having Serious Issues With My Step Dad Please Advice Me. by engrj(m): 4:29am On Aug 10, 2018
Re: I'm Having Serious Issues With My Step Dad Please Advice Me. by ITbomb(m): 4:57am On Aug 10, 2018
And here was I thinking that the only problem we have in this country is Buhari vs Saraki

The situation is very delicate, obviously the guy is not considering putting everything for your mum and you will be fighting a battle on two front - medical and legal
I know it's hard taking care of someone who didn't care for you while the person she cared for doesn't care

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Having Serious Issues With My Step Dad Please Advice Me. by Nogodye(m): 5:10am On Aug 10, 2018
Fight to revive your mum's health first,after that take a legal action against your step dad...God will send you help and He will also make you mum whole.

10 Likes

Re: I'm Having Serious Issues With My Step Dad Please Advice Me. by DankemzI(m): 5:17am On Aug 10, 2018
Bro I feel your pains
But she's your mom, your blood.
The other man is a benefactor/gold miner.
This is the only opportunity you have to prove your mom wrong! Take care of her in such a way she'll blame herself for not giving you the best of her best as her only child.
Just get some of her properties that are pricey and sell get the money and foot her bills.
She's your mom
Las las na forgive me and God bless you she go yarn.
That alone na sure grace for you o!

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Having Serious Issues With My Step Dad Please Advice Me. by ifyalways(f): 5:29am On Aug 10, 2018
Hmmmmn
Re: I'm Having Serious Issues With My Step Dad Please Advice Me. by engrj(m): 5:50am On Aug 10, 2018
Re: I'm Having Serious Issues With My Step Dad Please Advice Me. by PointZerom: 5:52am On Aug 10, 2018
If that woman dies, the two of you are responsible especially you the op.

You're still pained that your mum didn't care much for your upbringing.

The truth is that the man is tired of your mother especially as the marriage has not produced any child and he's playing you around trying to make it look as if you're the one pushing him off the marriage.

Just cut your ego and pretend to be humble to the man to get what you want from him then strike him after.

Show the man fake HUMILITY and win him over for mother's sake.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Having Serious Issues With My Step Dad Please Advice Me. by engrj(m): 5:58am On Aug 10, 2018
PointZerom:
If that woman dies, the two of you are responsible.

All I need is advise not this.
But by the Grace Of God she's not going to die I will do all I can to make sure she make it. Cus of this issue I had to sell of the small land I just bought secretly this year to raise money for dialysis.

1 Like

Re: I'm Having Serious Issues With My Step Dad Please Advice Me. by eyinjuege: 6:16am On Aug 10, 2018
engrj:

All I need is advise not this.
But by the Grace Of God she's not going to die I will do all I can to make sure she make it. Cus of this issue I had to sell of the small land I just bought secretly this year to raise money for dialysis.

You are not responsible If your mum dies. She s diabetic and hypertensive and that has damaged her kidneys. It's either she is on dialysis for life or she has a kidney transplant.
There's no 2 ways about it. For how long are you going to keep doing dialysis 3x a week? That's over 200k per week.
If you can start soliciting for funds to do a kidney transplant for her, that would be good.
Otherwise, if no money to keep her on dialysis, and she dies, don't see it as your fault.

31 Likes

Re: I'm Having Serious Issues With My Step Dad Please Advice Me. by hisgrace090: 6:20am On Aug 10, 2018
May the Almighty be your streinght.

You did not invite foolish people into your life and God knows this.

4 Likes

Re: I'm Having Serious Issues With My Step Dad Please Advice Me. by engrj(m): 6:23am On Aug 10, 2018
eyinjuege:

You are not responsible If your mum dies. She s diabetic and hypertensive and that has damaged her kidneys. It's either she is on dialysis for life or she has a kidney transplant.
There's no 2 ways about it. For how long are you going to keep doing dialysis 3x a week? That's over 200k per week.
If you can start soliciting for funds to do a kidney transplant for her, that would be good.
Otherwise, if no money to keep her on dialysis, and she dies, don't see it as your fault.
Thanks.
Im actually working on a fund raise for a kidney transplant for her but it's really tough I must say.
Some people have assisted me here too. I have out to some government officials in Edo state they have promise to help cus my mum is a local government staff. All I need him (my stepdad) to do now is to send money cus I have spend all I have and no body is responding again to my online begin.
Re: I'm Having Serious Issues With My Step Dad Please Advice Me. by engrj(m): 6:23am On Aug 10, 2018
hisgrace090:
May the Almighty be your streinght.

You did not invite foolish people into your life and God knows this.
My mum did.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Having Serious Issues With My Step Dad Please Advice Me. by dandollaz: 7:07am On Aug 10, 2018
PointZerom:

The truth is that the man is tired of your mother especially as the marriage has not produced any child and he's playing you around trying to make it look as if you're the one pushing him off the marriage.

Just cut your ego and pretend to be humble to the man to get what you want from him then strike him after.

The man is a bastard to show humility.
You ignore your wife health to enroll in expensive school.
Let the boy teach him a lesson.

5 Likes

Re: I'm Having Serious Issues With My Step Dad Please Advice Me. by ExAngel007(f): 7:23am On Aug 10, 2018
Sorry
Re: I'm Having Serious Issues With My Step Dad Please Advice Me. by Nobody: 7:29am On Aug 10, 2018
eyinjuege:

this is a bitter truth! I don't even know what to type cry cry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Having Serious Issues With My Step Dad Please Advice Me. by Nobody: 7:31am On Aug 10, 2018
PointZerom:

dear Op, this might seem hard, but I think you should think this through, this is really not the time to talk about his sexcapades with another woman blabla... All you need now is his financial support. Else all you'll get after the plenty rants is 'Deep apology', "I am sorry"...
Re: I'm Having Serious Issues With My Step Dad Please Advice Me. by stacyadams: 7:37am On Aug 10, 2018
She placed her husband above her family and her siblings decided to be far and don't care whether she exists...... That's is what happens when people fall in love foolishly and refuse to see d bigger picture..sorry Op..ur not at fault

3 Likes

Re: I'm Having Serious Issues With My Step Dad Please Advice Me. by cvibe2: 7:46am On Aug 10, 2018
Ok
Re: I'm Having Serious Issues With My Step Dad Please Advice Me. by Gloriawinning: 8:57am On Aug 10, 2018
I don’t fully understand but what I will say is that you should plan on staying together and forget any plan of living her alone.
You will need to start managing her health from home and general hospital if there is no money for healthcare. It is the reality that many face now in this country, many sick have gone back home due to lack of funds, the ones that survives with less pain are the ones that decide to use our local herbs and remedies for pain management they are everywhere so no excuses.
Once again if there is absolutely no fund you take her home and register her to a general hospital as well as through the help of a local herberlist.
My mums friend who is also a nurse is a herbalist and she is currently managing 5 people with holistic therapy and herbs. Some have cancer, diabetes, long term wounds all who can’t afford medical care . Of course they are all not likely to make it but it’s better than just watching her.
That is the reality of the poor not everyone have 5MN for treatment .
If you are social media savvy you can open a go fund me account, take her pictures regularly and document her illness for all to see, how much is needed including all doctors report . I promise I will be the first to donate. Also submit to social media and charity workers like Nikki Laoye etc
Good luck .

3 Likes

Re: I'm Having Serious Issues With My Step Dad Please Advice Me. by Acidosis(m): 8:59am On Aug 10, 2018
stacyadams:
She placed her husband above her family and her siblings decided to be far and don't care whether she exists ...... That's is what happens when people fall in love foolishly and refuse to see d bigger picture..sorry Op..ur not at fault

You're meant to place your spouse and children above your family. Her only crime is getting married to an irresponsible person.

The man came for everything she has to offer - babies, and money especially.

Again, she became "worthless" the moment the man drained everything she has to offer (cc: Elder001). A man that comes for your money or beauty will abandon and dump you the moment you lose your job or beauty.

Now OP's mom is terribly ill signifying the perfect time for the man to display the love he professed, but the man is nowhere to be found.

What people call love these days ehn..smh

3 Likes

Re: I'm Having Serious Issues With My Step Dad Please Advice Me. by Nobody: 10:30am On Aug 10, 2018
2 stories of men defrauding women and rendering them useless.. Heigod!. What is this world turning into sef. Where is the true love The level of love served now is directly proportional to your bank account balance. O ga o

1 Like

Re: I'm Having Serious Issues With My Step Dad Please Advice Me. by odysey: 12:43pm On Aug 10, 2018
engrj:
Greetings everyone.

Nairalanders please kindly advice me on how to handle this issue I’m about to share.

It’s about my step dad. I’m a product of a broken home. My mother trained me up independently; my mathernal grandpa didn’t allow my father to come close to me. So I rough life all alone. I was force to become a bachelor at the age of 19.

Now my story.
My mother got married to another man 10 years now no child.

They both went for test, the man has low sperm count and my mum couldn’t see her period again after some years into the marriage maybe after 6 or 7 years. I’m not really sure about this but my mum told me.

In the process of trying to have a child my mother fell sick latter she was diagnosed of diabetes then hypertension it affected her to an extent she couldn’t walk well again for more than two years now.
When she fell sick I was not aware cus my mother was this kinder hash person she was not fair to me as her child, in fact she always say to me that she will bear another child I am not going to be her only child indirectly telling me that she does not believe in me or see me like someone that will make it in life in summary my mother does not care about me then. She never bother about my education I rough everything myself.

Instead of my mother to spend on me she spends all her money on my step dad, the properties in the house they live was bought by my mum. Even the marriage my mum spends more on it than my step dad.

When my step dad got a job in a microfinance bank, he returned back to school to further his education in one of the most expensive university (Igbenedion University) and my mum was at home suffering no good medical care no good food no one around to stay with her or cook for her my step dad goes to work in the morning and return in the evening my mother was always alone in the house thinking, she placed my step dad above everyone In her family and as such her siblings decided to be far from her they don’t even care if she exist.

My mother sickness got worsened and affected her sight, now it has affected her kidney, test results and receipts attached.

Now my step dad has refused to visit her in Lagos, he has refused to send money I told him I want to return his wife back to him he said no that no one will take care of her.
He sent me some senseless messages I can’t type everything now but I will attach the screenshot of my conversation with him and that of his brother.
Please advise me on what to do cus I’m alone in this now and I’m dare in need of money to treat my mum whom is now on dialysis.

My step dad has cost my mum so much pains like taken her money cus she got bad sight, he took a lady to a hotel, spend so much money on her even when my mum was seriously sick.
I'm uploading more of our conversation.............

Cc Lalasticlala
Cc Seun
Cc Rocktation
Cc farano
Cc Dominique

your step dad has a responsibility to take care of you and your mum

you need legal help

Reach the DPA they're on facebook the one with over 300k members run by Bar. Emeka Ugwuonye

1 Like

Re: I'm Having Serious Issues With My Step Dad Please Advice Me. by engrj(m): 1:28pm On Aug 10, 2018
odysey:

your step dad has a responsibility to take care of you and your mum

you need legal help

Reach the DPA they're on facebook the one with over 300k members run by Bar. Emeka Ugwuonye
Ok thank you.

1 Like

Re: I'm Having Serious Issues With My Step Dad Please Advice Me. by Eketem: 2:15pm On Aug 10, 2018
engrj:

Ok thank you.

Poster so sorry about your mom but please whatever you do stay away from Emeka, he has defrauded so many people, he has been disbarred for cheating clients, people in need who were taken to him he also took the little they had and defrauded them. He has cases in Nigeria and abroad, avoid him.

Focus your energy on your mom please, your step father is a waste of time and space

1 Like

Re: I'm Having Serious Issues With My Step Dad Please Advice Me. by engrj(m): 2:24pm On Aug 10, 2018
Eketem:

Poster so sorry about your mom but please whatever you do stay away from Emeka, he has defrauded so many people, he has been disbarred for cheating clients, people in need who were taken to him he also took the little they had and defrauded them. He has cases in Nigeria and abroad, avoid him.

Focus your energy on your mom please, your step father is a waste of time and space

Thanks for this information.
Re: I'm Having Serious Issues With My Step Dad Please Advice Me. by thorpido(m): 2:53pm On Aug 10, 2018
Unfortunately,I don't see how you can legally compel your step-dad to take care of your mom.You can only persuade him.
That's the problem of not making good choices in life.Your mom married an irresponsible man and instead of investing in her own son,she spent on a man whose heart was not deep in it.

Try on your own to pull all the resources you can together(while still persuading your stepdad) and take care of your mom with what you have.
Re: I'm Having Serious Issues With My Step Dad Please Advice Me. by Prettiepearlz(f): 3:26pm On Aug 10, 2018
engrj:

Ok thank you.
Just like Eketem said, whatever you do stay away from Emeka Ugwuwonye. He has been disbarred both in Nigeria and the USA. Don't! I repeat don't! He is a fraudster. He will use your mum's plight to raise money and divert the funds to himself and when you try to protest or talk about it, he will declare you as a fraudster turn the story around. Stay away from him. If you doubt me, you can give it a trial and be one of his victims. Read about him on Facebook. Note he has lots of supporters on Facebook whom doesn't believe he is a fraudster until they are defrauded and blackmailed, so don't be deceived.

1 Like

Re: I'm Having Serious Issues With My Step Dad Please Advice Me. by Acidosis(m): 4:14pm On Aug 10, 2018
Prettiepearlz:

Just like Eketem said, whatever you do stay away from Emeka Ugwuwonye. He has been disbarred both in Nigeria and the USA. Don't! I repeat don't! He is a fraudster. He will use your mum's plight to raise money and divert the funds to himself and when you try to protest or talk about it, he will declare you as a fraudster turn the story around. Stay away from him. If you doubt me, you can give it a trial and be one of his victims. Read about him on Facebook. Note he has lots of supporters on Facebook whom doesn't believe he is a fraudster until they are defrauded and blackmailed, so don't be deceived.

Some Nigerians are very gullible. One activist would just wake up from nowhere, post a story about a sick man or a woman in a general hospital and ask Nigerians to send money to his personal account (No. 1 red flag) rather than the victim's or hospital's account; yet people won't even bother to interrogate the motives.

Funny thing is they never disclose the credits grin

A lot of activists have become instant millionaires through this channel, enriching their pockets through the misfortunes of others.

1 Like

Re: I'm Having Serious Issues With My Step Dad Please Advice Me. by Prettiepearlz(f): 4:28pm On Aug 10, 2018
Acidosis:

Some Nigerians are very gullible. One activist would just wake up from nowhere, post a story about a sick man or a woman in a general hospital and ask Nigerians to send money to his personal account (No. 1 red flag) rather than the victim's or hospital's account; yet people won't even bother to interrogate the motives.
Funny thing is they never disclose how much they get grin

A lot of activists have become instant millionaires through this channel, enriching their pockets through the misfortunes of others.

You can say that again, Nigerians are so gullible. They fall for anything. To even see people on Facebook defending this fraudster even with evidence provided by those calling him out beats me. I am like how can people be this stupid? This guy raised money in the name of a girl who was sexually assaulted and never gave the money to her father. The money raised was a huge sum of money and when the man raised alarm, he portrayed him as a bad man in his DPA group. That man is a crook even his sister has nothing good to say about him. A lady took it upon herself to go the appropriate quarters to find out if he has truly been disbarred and yes he has truly been disbarred here in Nigeria as well yet he still lies to his gullible members. The lady posted evidences. I am off Facebook for now, would have gone to search through her page and get the pictures. This guy also charges his facebook group people a sum of #6,000 (can't say if it's Monthly or yearly) saying if they are duly registered DPA members their legal issues will be dealt with for free only for people to confirm him still charging them after registration. You can imagine how much he is earning out of them every year? His first issues started with some members asking him to provide a financial report and he declared war against them telling all sorts of lies against them. That was how he was exposed. The guy is a big crook.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Firstborns Are Smarter - Middle Kids Are Sloppy - Lastborns Are Spoilt! / Please I Need Help.. Am Going Crazy. / Babay Born With Two Faces

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.