Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,420 members, 7,815,950 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:54 PM

RE: Dinosaur Bones Found In Lagos (A Marketing Stunt) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / RE: Dinosaur Bones Found In Lagos (A Marketing Stunt) (645 Views)

Has Anyone Experienced This Kind Of Scam In Lagos, A Friend's Integrity At Stake / Vigilante Caught 2 Suspects With Human Bones In Ibadan (Photo) / NSCDC Arrests Three Young Men With Human Bones In Taraba (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

RE: Dinosaur Bones Found In Lagos (A Marketing Stunt) by KratosCorp: 11:22am On Aug 10, 2018
Here's the link to the base thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/4667874/dinosaur-bones-found-lagos-warning

The thing is actually a lame publicity stunt.

The entity (company) behind that stunt seems to be a Marketing Communication and Brand Management Agency. But what they failed to grasp is that whilst this stunt may give them traffic, it would hardly attract or entice the corporate personnels that seem to be their primary target audience.

Another thing they seem to miss is that there's a very thin line between "shapeshifting" and loss of credibility and integrity. And, both of the later are infinitely worth much more to any serious brand than any class of unlimited but indiscriminate exposure would ever be.

Don't get me wrong. I perfectly saw the intended messaging and analogy (the need for archaich brands to re-brand or get buried).

But how many Nigerians actually saw that message and analogy clearly?

How many would interprete it correctly?

I think these guys tried to emulate the recently viral Illuminati Menu campaign by Taco Bell. But they failed to consider that this is Nigeria where superstition still reigns supreme.

May God help them not to get the unintended outcome of being associated with cultism. That may firmly block their entry to the mainstream.

What do you think?
Re: RE: Dinosaur Bones Found In Lagos (A Marketing Stunt) by Boxer007(m): 11:24am On Aug 10, 2018
KratosCorp:
Here's the link to the base thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/4667874/dinosaur-bones-found-lagos-warning

The thing is actually a lame publicity stunt.

The entity (company) behind that stunt seems to be a Marketing Communication and Brand Management Agency. But what they failed to grasp is that whilst this stunt may give them traffic, it would hardly attract or entice the corporate personnels that seem to be their primary target audience.

Another thing they seem to miss is that there's a very thin line between "shapeshifting" and loss of credibility and integrity. And, both of the later are infinitily worth much more to any serious brand than any class of unlimited but indiscriminate exposure would ever be.

Don't get me wrong. I perfectly saw the intended messaging and analogy (the need for archaich brands to re-brand or get buried).

But how many Nigerians actually saw that message and analogy clearly?

How many would interprete it correctly?

I think these guys tried to emulate the recently viral Illuminati Menu campaign by Taco Bell. But they failed to consider that this is Nigeria where superstition still reigns supreme.

May God help them not to get the unintended outcome of being associated with cultism. That may firmly block their entry to the mainstream.

What do you think?

I believe in Gay Rights in our country, Nigeria
Re: RE: Dinosaur Bones Found In Lagos (A Marketing Stunt) by KratosCorp: 11:28am On Aug 10, 2018
Please can you unquote my earlier post?

Boxer007:

Re: RE: Dinosaur Bones Found In Lagos (A Marketing Stunt) by nellyelitz(m): 11:31am On Aug 10, 2018
Boxer007:

I pity for ur anus, it must be very wide.

1 Like

Re: RE: Dinosaur Bones Found In Lagos (A Marketing Stunt) by Boxer007(m): 11:32am On Aug 10, 2018
KratosCorp:

Many thanks for suporting our Gay movement sir. Gay lives matter all around Africa. Thank you. Blessed.
Re: RE: Dinosaur Bones Found In Lagos (A Marketing Stunt) by KratosCorp: 11:34am On Aug 10, 2018
I totally DO NOT support your movement (or whatever it is).

Mynd44, this guy is actively trying to derail this thread.

Please, could you kindly remove his irrelevant posts and move the thread to the front page?

#AskingNicely grin

Boxer007:

Many thanks for suporting our Gay movement sir. Gay lives matter all around Africa. Thank you. Blessed.
Re: RE: Dinosaur Bones Found In Lagos (A Marketing Stunt) by Boxer007(m): 11:37am On Aug 10, 2018
nellyelitz:
I pity for ur anus, it must be very wide.

My brother, would you rather I kiss you than to have sex with you?
Re: RE: Dinosaur Bones Found In Lagos (A Marketing Stunt) by Boxer007(m): 11:39am On Aug 10, 2018
KratosCorp:
I totally DO NOT support your movement (or whatever it is).

Mynd44, this guy is actively trying to derail this thread.

Please, could you kindly remove his irrelevant posts and move the thread to the front page?

#AskingNicely grin

My brother. Are you homophobic and are you muscular?
Re: RE: Dinosaur Bones Found In Lagos (A Marketing Stunt) by nellyelitz(m): 11:40am On Aug 10, 2018
KratosCorp:
HAHAHA
Re: RE: Dinosaur Bones Found In Lagos (A Marketing Stunt) by Boxer007(m): 5:02pm On Aug 10, 2018
nellyelitz:
HAHAHA

Hiya. Brother can we link and are u muscular?

(1) (Reply)

Photos Of Three Men Convicted For The Killing Of Nigerian Model In London. / Goat Escapes From Ritualist Den With A Knife In Its Back (photos) / Man Beats Neighbour To Death In Public Brawl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.