Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,482 members, 7,812,494 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:13 PM

I Used Military Uniform To Beat Security Checkpoints – Fake Soldier In Edo - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Used Military Uniform To Beat Security Checkpoints – Fake Soldier In Edo (32891 Views)

Ex-Airforce Officer Who Sells Military Uniform To Notorious Bandit Arrested / Policemen Attacked & Robbed At Checkpoints In Enugu, AK-47 Rifles Snatched / Armed Robbers In Military Uniform Arrested By Benue Police, Weapons Recovered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Used Military Uniform To Beat Security Checkpoints – Fake Soldier In Edo by GisterBlogger: 5:32pm On Aug 11, 2018
GISTMORE.COM

I used military uniform to beat security checkpoints – Fake soldier arrested in Edo

The Zone 5 Police Headquarters in Benin, Edo State, has arrested a 35-year-old man, one Stanley Ezeobi, for alleged armed robbery while parading himself as a soldier.

It was learnt that Ezeobi, who claimed to be a graduate of Public Administration at the Federal Polytechnic, Oko, in Anambra State, was nabbed by operatives of the anti-vice unit of the zonal police headquarters on August 1.

Using a pseudo name, Lukman Adelabu, the father of five was alleged to have snatched an unregistered Toyota Picnic bus from its owner in the Benin metropolis.

The Assistant Inspector-General of Police, Mr. Rasheed Akintunde, who paraded him along with other suspected car snatchers on Friday, said that Ezeobi was apprehended while attempting to sell the vehicle.

Akintunde noted that Ezeobi alleged to be attached to one NATRAC Engineering Regiment, a claim which he said turned out to be false.

He also said that the fake soldier belonged to a criminal gang and was helping the police with their investigation.

The AIG explained, “He (Ezeobi) is an armed robber, but claimed to be a soldier. Whenever he brandished his ID card as a serving soldier, members of the public would think that he is a genuine soldier.

“But luck was against him because he had been a wanted criminal. He stole a Toyota RAV 4 SUV and while delivering the vehicle at a car stand for sale, our men nabbed him.

“He brought out a warrant card that he was a serving soldier at NATRAC Engineering Regiment in Kontagora (Niger State). So, we arrested him.

“In the course of the investigations, we wrote to the military regiment to confirm the card and the names and the reply we got was that he was a fake soldier. Further investigations led him to open up on his criminal activities.”

But the suspect told Southern City News that he only used the Army uniform to evade security checkpoints while conveying his goods from Benin Republic.

Ezeobi, who claimed to be the owner of the Toyota Picnic vehicle, also denied being an armed robber.

He stated, “I usually buy goods from Cotonou. So, I use it (uniform) to beat the security on the road. I did not snatch the vehicle (Toyota RAV 4); I have my own vehicle, a Toyota Picnic.

“I regret my action. It was bad. I started using the uniform last year. I came to my friend’s shop in Benin and was arrested.”

BY GISTMORE :: http://gistmore.com/used-military-uniform-beat-security-checkpoints-fake-soldier-arrested-edo

1 Like

Re: I Used Military Uniform To Beat Security Checkpoints – Fake Soldier In Edo by GisterBlogger: 5:33pm On Aug 11, 2018
sad
Re: I Used Military Uniform To Beat Security Checkpoints – Fake Soldier In Edo by thesicilian: 5:35pm On Aug 11, 2018
The best punishment for him is to draft him into the army and send him to the battlefield.

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Used Military Uniform To Beat Security Checkpoints – Fake Soldier In Edo by youngberry001(m): 7:31pm On Aug 11, 2018
May then used SARS uniform beat him too nah undecided

useless gorrila
Re: I Used Military Uniform To Beat Security Checkpoints – Fake Soldier In Edo by Homeboiy: 8:16pm On Aug 11, 2018
Send him to sambisa asap
That's the best punishment for him

1 Like

Re: I Used Military Uniform To Beat Security Checkpoints – Fake Soldier In Edo by itiswellandwell: 8:17pm On Aug 11, 2018
Would have also supported he is sent to sambisa but this one go JAPA. let him go and face some hardcores bitter lessons in jail.

Cheap Samsung phones. Check my signature
Re: I Used Military Uniform To Beat Security Checkpoints – Fake Soldier In Edo by cyberpelumy(m): 8:17pm On Aug 11, 2018
Na now the uniform go come beat you wella

13 Likes

Re: I Used Military Uniform To Beat Security Checkpoints – Fake Soldier In Edo by princeade86(m): 8:17pm On Aug 11, 2018
is alright ooooo.
Re: I Used Military Uniform To Beat Security Checkpoints – Fake Soldier In Edo by Nobody: 8:17pm On Aug 11, 2018
Nigeria police can't be trusted this days.......

We have heard and are aware of many induced confession these days....even saraki case and link to offa robbery due to induced confession is still glare...

Don't trust Nigeria police and whatever they fed the public.

9 Likes

Re: I Used Military Uniform To Beat Security Checkpoints – Fake Soldier In Edo by exporters101: 8:18pm On Aug 11, 2018
He's in a bigger trouble
Re: I Used Military Uniform To Beat Security Checkpoints – Fake Soldier In Edo by imran147(m): 8:18pm On Aug 11, 2018
Everyday for the thief one day for the owner...deal with him and prosecute
Re: I Used Military Uniform To Beat Security Checkpoints – Fake Soldier In Edo by Primusinterpares(m): 8:19pm On Aug 11, 2018
This is wrong... like so wrong...
but then... with wetin Nigerian police don use person eye take see enhnnn...

You will wish you are a uniform personnel sometime
Re: I Used Military Uniform To Beat Security Checkpoints – Fake Soldier In Edo by MistadeRegal(m): 8:22pm On Aug 11, 2018
sad embarassed cry wink smiley cheesy grin
Sorry bro.
Re: I Used Military Uniform To Beat Security Checkpoints – Fake Soldier In Edo by belloadebowale: 8:22pm On Aug 11, 2018
Igbo xtian again.

1 Like

Re: I Used Military Uniform To Beat Security Checkpoints – Fake Soldier In Edo by ukehnonny: 8:23pm On Aug 11, 2018
wink
You'll still need the Uniform in jail.
Safe trip.

Re: I Used Military Uniform To Beat Security Checkpoints – Fake Soldier In Edo by yinnyme(m): 8:25pm On Aug 11, 2018
Homeboiy:
Send him to sambisa asap

That's the best punishment for him

You guys are not serious o, Those in Sambisa are not there on punishment abeg. It's duty calls.

3 Likes

Re: I Used Military Uniform To Beat Security Checkpoints – Fake Soldier In Edo by ipobarecriminals: 8:27pm On Aug 11, 2018
undecided undecided lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed embarassed embarassed cheesy wink wink cheesy cheesy grin grin cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin sad grin grin sad STANLEY EZEOBI. Ipob jhudas are criminals. That's how dey developed.Fl@theads
Re: I Used Military Uniform To Beat Security Checkpoints – Fake Soldier In Edo by Chibuzoc(m): 8:27pm On Aug 11, 2018
belloadebowale:
Igbo xtian again.

Wetin concern Christian and Igbo for this matter now

Aboki grin

1 Like

Re: I Used Military Uniform To Beat Security Checkpoints – Fake Soldier In Edo by Nobody: 8:35pm On Aug 11, 2018
grin

Re: I Used Military Uniform To Beat Security Checkpoints – Fake Soldier In Edo by Sheguama: 8:38pm On Aug 11, 2018
ukehnonny:
wink
You'll still need the Uniform in jail.
Safe trip.

This chap is not a criminal. He's just a hustler. Na today guys dey use fatigue camo caps clear road?
Re: I Used Military Uniform To Beat Security Checkpoints – Fake Soldier In Edo by Smartwave: 8:42pm On Aug 11, 2018
Igbo!!!!!! Hard working people!!!!!!! Nigeria and lagos Developer!!!!!!! Let assumed, he was shot dead - then with ID on him, they will says his Yoruba fellow. So, their new style now is .... Using Yoruba name. OK, God is watching developer.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Used Military Uniform To Beat Security Checkpoints – Fake Soldier In Edo by Dareal90s(m): 8:48pm On Aug 11, 2018
That's how they move out of their clave yard to other ppls land and perpetrating evil.
Re: I Used Military Uniform To Beat Security Checkpoints – Fake Soldier In Edo by Dwhyte(m): 8:51pm On Aug 11, 2018
Pinchure of the Army uniform on him, else I donbilivit
Re: I Used Military Uniform To Beat Security Checkpoints – Fake Soldier In Edo by Nobody: 8:51pm On Aug 11, 2018
Re: I Used Military Uniform To Beat Security Checkpoints – Fake Soldier In Edo by Nobody: 8:52pm On Aug 11, 2018
Ezeobi grin
Na dem ooo cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Used Military Uniform To Beat Security Checkpoints – Fake Soldier In Edo by Bigval5: 8:53pm On Aug 11, 2018
Stay away from our uniform you won't hear!
Re: I Used Military Uniform To Beat Security Checkpoints – Fake Soldier In Edo by Sharpshooota: 8:58pm On Aug 11, 2018
Abubakarsiddeeq:
Ezeobi grin
Na dem ooo cheesy

Abokki go toilet first jare
Re: I Used Military Uniform To Beat Security Checkpoints – Fake Soldier In Edo by Nobody: 9:07pm On Aug 11, 2018
He s was attempting to sell the Toyota Rav 4 or
Toyota Picnic when he was nabbed.

Which One i want come believe of the two cars mentioned?

Re: I Used Military Uniform To Beat Security Checkpoints – Fake Soldier In Edo by Tobycharles: 9:17pm On Aug 11, 2018
How come he has a striking resemblance with Timi Dakolo
Re: I Used Military Uniform To Beat Security Checkpoints – Fake Soldier In Edo by felixawe(m): 9:56pm On Aug 11, 2018
you are already in soup....its too late to cry when the head is cut off ! shocked
Re: I Used Military Uniform To Beat Security Checkpoints – Fake Soldier In Edo by ahamonyeka(m): 10:43pm On Aug 11, 2018
Badt guy.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help! My Sister Was Almost Raped / Jama’atu Nus’ratul-Islami Wal-Muslimina: New Terrorist Group In North-East / This Nigerian Man Is Wanted In Norway For Rape

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.