Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,343 members, 7,819,207 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:45 PM

The Most Expensive Mistake In History - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Most Expensive Mistake In History (336 Views)

Jeff Bezos Becomes Richest Man In History With A Net Worth Of $211billion ( Pix) / 25 Most Expensive World Currencies In 2019 / Aliyu Abubakar's House: The Most Expensive Mansion In Abuja, Land Cost N1Billion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Most Expensive Mistake In History by mekuz2014(m): 8:58am On Aug 12, 2018
Do you know the story of the most expensive mistake in history?

If not, here's a brief recap...

In 1962, NASA launched the Mariner I rocket into space. It exploded less than five minutes after liftoff.

The cause? A missing hyphen in the mathematical code.

Guess how much that missing hyphen cost the government? A cool $80 million -- or over $650 million in today's dollars.

chai!!!.

Talk about a catastrophic error! I'm pretty sure neither the mathematician nor his boss was thrilled with the situation.

But I think it could've been worse. The worst mistakes we can make have nothing to do with money.

What if that mathematician was SO terrified of making a mistake that he never even tried to create code for the rocket in the first place?

What if he let his fear of failing dictate his decisions?

What if he never applied to work with NASA at all?

THAT would've been a tragedy far worse than any rocket explosion -- it would've been a waste of a brilliant mind.

Can you imagine how many things we wouldn't have in the world today if everyone allowed fear to hold them back?

What if everyone was too scared to try something new because they were afraid of making a mistake?

Take starting a new business. That's a scary thing to do -- if it wasn't, everyone would be doing it.

Fortunately, starting a business or learning a new skill usually doesn't involve the kind of math that could blow up a rocket.

I mean... My mini-importation course called Smart Ecom Profits almost never came to be because of my own fear of failure. I was convinced that nobody wanted to learn from me.

I was wrong.

My fear was wrong.

Most of the time, "the fear we hold near" is either

a) imaginary,

b) unwarranted,

c) not THAT bad, or

d) all of the above.

Along with recognizing fear for what it really is -- or isn't! -- give yourself grace when starting a new business. You don't have to be perfect to be excellent. Everyone (even the most brilliant mathematician on Earth!) makes mistakes.

And if you're feeling blue over something that didn't go as you expected, just remember... it's prooooobably not gonna cost $650 million to fix!

P.S. -- Have you wanted to run an importation buiness, but have been too afraid to give it a go? Make the decision TODAY to push past that fear and take action!

So, click the link to get started

http://www.smartincomecourses.info/gift/

Or send "I need it" to

Susanresources@gmail.com

PS: i cant garauntee how long, before the offer expires, so take action NOW

(1) (Reply)

1.8-2 Odds Daily / I Will No Longer Hide This:see How Online Gurus Bypass What U're Struggling With / I Rented A Shop PLS ADVICE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.