Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,727 members, 7,816,989 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:21 PM

I Tol Em - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / I Tol Em (265 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Tol Em by lalaponcus(m): 7:56am On Aug 14, 2018
I TOL EM

I tol em Editor family of mine never to stop writing.
Informing them of the need to string the "ABC" lines if they found themselves being pummeled by that heavyweight champion of despair whose name is 'writers block'.

Tol em to write lines;
About that clear stream they drank from,
Based in the district, 'confession', and protected by the 'maiguard', Truth.
"Call others to come", the words that resound as they walk back to their homes: words spoken by the loving owner of life.

I tol em wonderful teens of mine never to stop reading.
Showing them that screwed up societies are usually products of a non-reading culture.

Tol em to read the right materials;
Like 'the manual' designed to make all machines tick the right boxes of purpose;
Like the 40 days Purposeful walking guide with good ol' Rick and his daddy, Warren.
Like Napoleon, that Hill boy's thinking guide on the plants to grow on the plantation of wealth.
Like the tactical manual on the art of War drawn up by that graceful Ming warlord, Sean Tizzle, Sorry, Sin Tzu.

I tol that graceful angel I love to spread her wings and fly.
Reminding her that her mind is blessed with the necessary tools given by the Heavenly mechanic.

Tol her to push past;
Mind blockades set up by the society to force a halt of dreams;
Physical hurdles set up by the patriarchal society to halt all leadership pursuits of her kind;
And the Emotional feelings of inadequacy, set up by human feelings to force her into searching for thick, strong arms while the glowing nail pierced hands await.

I tol that crazy senate member within my body to take a chill pill.
Saying that everything will fall in place at the right time if he remains loyal.

Tol that serving senatorial giant never to decamp to the party of pleasure;
For it is easy to slide into the Dms of other female senators but difficult to slide away.
For engaging in the secret body rhythmic dance with eager female senators would not guarantee the electoral victory for the seat of joy in the upper chamber of peace.
For it may be easy to secretly pile up the illicit wealth stolen from treasured bodies, but difficulty would arise when called to testify before the eternal court when Encroaching Fiendish Cloaked Claimant (EFCC) officer called Death takes me away.

I am telling you one thing today.
Keep trusting in the Heavenly Father who remains the capable confidant and guide.
#Isaiah50:4
#Bashorun

Okontas.com

(1) (Reply)

Fearless Drive / *unforeseen* / "Oceans" - A Poem By Dada Dorcas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.