Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,379 members, 7,812,108 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:24 AM

Top 9 Epic Boss Battles In Video Games - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Top 9 Epic Boss Battles In Video Games (7345 Views)

10 Best Video Games Boss Battles Of The Decade / 6 Biggest Lies Ever Told In Video Gaming History / 9 Most Satisfying Villain Deaths In Video Games (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 9 Epic Boss Battles In Video Games by Nobody: 10:25am On Aug 14, 2018
Vasaratti16

Boss battles come in all shapes and sizes but sometimes you come across a boss that's just crazy, that type of boss  that keeps coming back, has multiple stages and the scope of the battle is jaw-droppingly amazing. Yes, we are looking at boss battles there are completely off the charts because of their epicness let us know what your thoughts were while battling these 9 top notch boss battles.
Re: Top 9 Epic Boss Battles In Video Games by Nobody: 12:19pm On Aug 14, 2018
#9: Grun - Nier Automata
Nier Automata is a game that put Platinum games back on the map after making several licensed games that didn't perform very well, but the awesome battles in Nier Automata belong to some of the greatest I have ever seen.

This action game combines great combat with bullet-hell action. If there's one boss in this game that's epic, it has to be Grun. This boss is gigantic and you need to use all kinds of gameplay mechanics to take him out. During the fight, he turns out to be even bigger than you expected, the multiple stages, gameplay variety and overall scale make Grun one of the greatest bosses of recent times.

1 Like

Re: Top 9 Epic Boss Battles In Video Games by Nobody: 12:31pm On Aug 14, 2018
#8: Adamantoise - Final Fantasy XV
The latest installment in the Final Fantasy series had a lot of people excited. The combat was fine, the story was nice and it offered some great boss fights as well, even when the game is over there are still things to do, like fighting a giant turtle known as the Adamantoise. This giant beast was rumored to take 15 hours to finish but of course that all depends on your character level, either way the Adamantoise is an insane damaged sponge that's capable of doing crazy amounts of damage. Of course there are guys that tell you about the sweet spots but where's the fun in that, knowing that this was meant as a multi hour battle is baffling on its own

Re: Top 9 Epic Boss Battles In Video Games by Nobody: 12:34pm On Aug 14, 2018
#7: Senator Armstrong - Metal Gear Rising
Many people have a love/hate relationship with Rhydon from the Metal Gear series, but you can't deny the epicness of the combat in Metal Gear Rising Revengeance.

This game blew our minds a couple of years back and the final fight against Senator Armstrong is the cherry on the pie. For, he's controlling a giant insectoid mech and when that huge robot goes down, he turns himself into some sort of Nano super-powered, heavy white MMA fighter as Ryden we basically stand no chance until there's a major plot twist as Bryden acquires a new sword overall. This is a fight where your punches hardly do any damage 90% of the battle, it's an absurd boss battle with multiple stages and bizarre plot twists. To be sincere, we'd like a proper sequel for this game

2 Likes

Re: Top 9 Epic Boss Battles In Video Games by Nobody: 12:37pm On Aug 14, 2018
#6: Photoshop Flowey - Undertale
Undertale is a great game that turned almost every video game rule out there upside down. It's a ridiculous game and I believe Flowey deserves a special mention.

This cute little flower turns into a screen filling mutated boss that's letting a bullet hell loose on you, all you can do is avoid as much as you can in the hope you survive and get a chance to recover. You are that small heart on the screen by the way, but don't let these minimalistic graphics distract you. This is a hardcore game for hardcore gamers and every gamer who finishes it deserves credit. Flowey delivers an energetic seven-minute boss fight that requires the utmost concentration. This boss is a thrilling experience but to be honest, so are many of the other bosses in Undertale

Re: Top 9 Epic Boss Battles In Video Games by Nobody: 12:40pm On Aug 14, 2018
#5: Cronos - God Of War
If you've played any of the God of War games, you would know that Sony Studios Santa Monica is very good at creating awesome boss battles, think about ripping off Helios head or battling Zeus himself.

However, there's one battle that really blew us away and that was the fight against a Titan - Cronos - not only is the boss huge, his entire body is a level filled with enemies, you're climbing up the mountain to finish this Behemoth but that mountain is literally his body and while you're walking over his arm beating enemies and kicking ass you also need to hit his disgusting nails and climb over his seriously unhygenic body. There's nothing more satisfying than when you finally take him out as Kratos always does

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 9 Epic Boss Battles In Video Games by Nobody: 12:45pm On Aug 14, 2018
#3: Giant Nazi Zombie Fetus - South Park
People behind South Park have always been great at creating stories and their work, on the stick of truth, surely paid off. In this game Khloe Kardashian had an abortion and the result was a Giant Nazi Zombie Fetus that broke loose and is killing everybody. South Park has brought as many crazy stories but this one is just absurd. The fight itself is pretty straight forward, with the Fetus doing some bashing and puking but the fact that you are fighting a Fetus is already weird but it's also a zombie a giant and a Nazi.

1 Like

Re: Top 9 Epic Boss Battles In Video Games by Nobody: 1:01pm On Aug 14, 2018
#2: Death Wing - World Of Warcraft
It's a battle completely in style with the rest of the game as it's completely over the top, as it even takes place in space. mmo's often tend to throw some giant bosses at your party or raid, these bosses can have multiple stages, do all kinds of a damage and can take lots of practice before they eventually go down but there's one boss I want to mention particularly and that's Deathwing the destroyer, The dragon soul raid starts when you parachute down on the back of the flying dragon where you fight different spawns then Deathwing crashes and the second phase of the fight starts again with spotting tentacles, lots of AoE damage and switching platforms. This entire raid is based around a monumental dragon it's a totally awesome fight for sure.

1 Like

Re: Top 9 Epic Boss Battles In Video Games by Nobody: 1:05pm On Aug 14, 2018
#1: Mundus - Devil May Cry
There's something with third-person action games that offers us the opportunity to experience some crazy amazing boss fights. In the world of Devil May Cry, you get to fight some crazy bosses but there's nothing that compares to Mundus, when you finally meet this villain he changes and becomes this gigantic monster built out of debris. What follows is a multi-stage fight in which you are trying to reach his eye and eventually try to get inside him to kill the real Mundus that's inside. This is not the final fight of DMC but it's by far the most awesome battle this game has got to offer.

5 Likes

Re: Top 9 Epic Boss Battles In Video Games by Lana1(m): 1:39pm On Aug 14, 2018
Vasaratti16:
#7: Senator Armstrong - Metal Gear Rising
Many people have a love/hate relationship with Rhydon from the Metal Gear series, but you can't deny the epicness of the combat in Metal Gear Rising Revengeance.

This game blew our minds a couple of years back and the final fight against Senator Armstrong is the cherry on the pie. For, he's controlling a giant insectoid mech and when that huge robot goes down, he turns himself into some sort of Nano super-powered, heavy white MMA fighter as Ryden we basically stand no chance until there's a major plot twist as Bryden acquires a new sword overall. This is a fight where your punches hardly do any damage 90% of the battle, it's an absurd boss battle with multiple stages and bizarre plot twists. To be sincere, we'd like a proper sequel for this game
This game!! undecided shocked

1 Like

Re: Top 9 Epic Boss Battles In Video Games by Lana1(m): 1:40pm On Aug 14, 2018
Vasaratti16:
There's something with third-person action games that offers us the opportunity to experience some crazy amazing boss fights. In the world of Devil May Cry, you get to fight some crazy bosses but there's nothing that compares to Mundus, when you finally meet this villain he changes and becomes this gigantic monster built out of debris. What follows is a multi-stage fight in which you are trying to reach his eye and eventually try to get inside him to kill the real Mundus that's inside. This is not the final fight of DMC but it's by far the most awesome battle this game has got to offer.

Lalasticlala Cao Seun Mynd44
Enjoyed fighting Vergil more than Mundus in this one!!
Cant wait for DMC 5!
Re: Top 9 Epic Boss Battles In Video Games by Nobody: 4:45pm On Aug 14, 2018
Have you fought with any these bosses? How was your experience with them? Let's know in the comment section
lalasticlala
Re: Top 9 Epic Boss Battles In Video Games by TechCapon(m): 6:22pm On Aug 14, 2018
I will not lie to you I've not played any of these games before. I have better things to do with my data than downloading video games. However if you want to give me free version, I'm ever ready grin

5 Likes

Re: Top 9 Epic Boss Battles In Video Games by Nobody: 6:22pm On Aug 14, 2018
If super Mario no follow, I cant relate.

1 Like

Re: Top 9 Epic Boss Battles In Video Games by TheKingIsHere: 6:26pm On Aug 14, 2018
Metal gear is still the best game to play

1 Like

Re: Top 9 Epic Boss Battles In Video Games by olamilokozzo: 6:28pm On Aug 14, 2018
shaokan for mortal combat
Re: Top 9 Epic Boss Battles In Video Games by Nobody: 6:32pm On Aug 14, 2018
Vasaratti16:

Mundus isn't an epic boss ,you should have put vergil instead of Mundus.

7 Likes

Re: Top 9 Epic Boss Battles In Video Games by WhoBeThisMan: 6:32pm On Aug 14, 2018
Brain drain...
Re: Top 9 Epic Boss Battles In Video Games by BridleTech: 6:39pm On Aug 14, 2018
Quite an interesting article here.

1 Like

Re: Top 9 Epic Boss Battles In Video Games by Nobody: 6:40pm On Aug 14, 2018
Vasaratti16:
#5: Cronos - God Of War
If you've played any of the God of War games, you would know that Sony Studios Santa Monica is very good at creating awesome boss battles, think about ripping off Helios head or battling Zeus himself.

However, there's one battle that really blew us away and that was the fight against a Titan - Cronos - not only is the boss huge, his entire body is a level filled with enemies, you're climbing up the mountain to finish this Behemoth but that mountain is literally his body and while you're walking over his arm beating enemies and kicking ass you also need to hit his disgusting nails and climb over his seriously unhygenic body. There's nothing more satisfying than when you finally take him out as Kratos always does
Cronos and Poseidon are the only epic boss in that God of war 3 the rest are just...... I think Sony over do themself in God of war 2

4 Likes

Re: Top 9 Epic Boss Battles In Video Games by louis95(m): 7:06pm On Aug 14, 2018
Rise to Honor (Jet li)

1 Like

Re: Top 9 Epic Boss Battles In Video Games by Lordspicy(m): 7:13pm On Aug 14, 2018
TechCapon:
I will not lie to you I've not played any of these games before. I have better things to do with my data than downloading video games. However if you want to give me free version, I'm ever ready grin

lol.. u just made my evening

2 Likes

Re: Top 9 Epic Boss Battles In Video Games by PatEinstEin(m): 7:26pm On Aug 14, 2018
WhoBeThisMan:
Brain drain...
The contrary actually.
Re: Top 9 Epic Boss Battles In Video Games by HRwells: 7:27pm On Aug 14, 2018
No soul series boss shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Top 9 Epic Boss Battles In Video Games by bigsmoke2(m): 7:36pm On Aug 14, 2018
Kuwabara kuwabara . If you know u know grin

Re: Top 9 Epic Boss Battles In Video Games by durubennie(m): 8:17pm On Aug 14, 2018
zeus God of war 3

1 Like

Re: Top 9 Epic Boss Battles In Video Games by Nobody: 8:47pm On Aug 14, 2018
you did not add when Micheal, Trevor and Franklin went to steal gold at the world deposit , or when they did the killing of all the mercenaries, the Chinese mafia, and the Two other men in GTA 5
Re: Top 9 Epic Boss Battles In Video Games by khalhokage(m): 8:51pm On Aug 14, 2018
TechCapon:

Yet you are supposed to be a tech blogger?
At least now I know not to take your posts seriously.

2 Likes

Re: Top 9 Epic Boss Battles In Video Games by hkidola00(m): 9:10pm On Aug 14, 2018
olamilokozzo:
shaokan for mortal combat
thank yoouuu,i was expecting shao Khan or tsang tsung b4 opening d tread,was dissapointed with d trash I'm seeing

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pes 17 Black Screen Problem / Hasn't Anyone Here Heard Of A Video Game Called No Man's Sky? / Help: Dedicated And Shared Video Memory 0mb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.