Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,296 members, 7,815,519 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

Here Are The 10 Best African Airlines (photos) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Here Are The 10 Best African Airlines (photos) (15612 Views)

Buhari Completes The 10-Lane Superhighway Linking Port Harcourt & Oyigbo (Video) / Best African Country To Migrate To / Qatar Airways Is 2019 World's Best Airlines, See The Top 10 African Airlines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Here Are The 10 Best African Airlines (photos) by nigeriapenbase: 1:50pm On Aug 14, 2018
By Nigeriapen.com.ng

News Source: https://www.nigeriapen.com.ng/here-are-the-10-best-african-airlines-id8721205-html/

1. Ethiopian Airlines
Ethiopian Airline founded in 1945, is wholly owned by the country’s government. The airline flies to more destinations in Africa than any other carrier. It is one of the fastest-growing companies in the industry and is the largest on the African continent

2. South African Airways
South African Airways (SAA) is the flag carrier airline of South Africa. The airline flies to 56 destinations in South Africa, continental Africa and around the world from its Johannesburg hub in partnership with SA Express, SA Airlink and its low-cost carrier, Mango.

3. Air Mauritius
Air Mauritius Limited is the flag carrier airline of Mauritius. In 2017, the company was the fourth largest carrier in Sub-Saharan Africa and has an important standing in the European, African, and Indian Ocean region markets. The airline won the World Travel Awards “Indian Ocean Leading Airline Prize” from 2005 to 2014.

4. Air Seychelles
Air Seychelles is the national airline of the Republic of Seychelles. The airline is currently 40% owned by Etihad Airways.

5. Kenya Airways
Kenya Airways is the flag carrier airline of Kenya. Founded in 1977, the airline was wholly owned by the Government of Kenya until April 1995, and it was privatised in 1996, becoming the first African flag carrier to successfully do so.

The largest shareholder is the Government of Kenya (48.9%), 38.1% is owned by KQ Lenders Company 2017 Ltd. (in turn owned by a consortium of banks), followed by KLM, which has a 7.8% stake in the company, others are held by private owners.

6. Royal Air Maroc
Royal Air Maroc is the Moroccan national carrier and the country’s largest airline. The carrier operates a domestic network in Morocco, scheduled international flights to Africa, Asia, Europe, and North and South America, and occasional charter flights that include Hajj services

7. Mango (Airline)
Mango is 100% owned by South African Airways, which is itself owned by the government of South Africa but operates independently as a low-cost airline.

8. Fastjet
Lo Fastjet Plc is a British/South African-based holding company for a group of low-cost carriers that operate in Africa.

9. Kulula
Kulala is a South African low-cost airline, operating on major domestic routes.

10. TAAG Angola Airlines
TAAG Angola Airlines E.P is the state-owned national airline of Angola. Based in Luanda, the airline operates an all-Boeing fleet on domestic services within Angola, medium-haul services in Africa and long-haul services to Brazil, Cuba, China, and Portugal.

See More Cute Airlines Photos Below.....

News Source: https://www.nigeriapen.com.ng/here-are-the-10-best-african-airlines-id8721205-html/
Re: Here Are The 10 Best African Airlines (photos) by FYB(m): 1:53pm On Aug 14, 2018
some of the countries mentioned above have economy that is less than Benue state, yet they achieve so much

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Here Are The 10 Best African Airlines (photos) by AngelicBeing: 4:04pm On Aug 14, 2018
cool
Re: Here Are The 10 Best African Airlines (photos) by abc115: 4:04pm On Aug 14, 2018
grin

We will get there

1 Like

Re: Here Are The 10 Best African Airlines (photos) by rocknation62(m): 4:04pm On Aug 14, 2018
Too bad where is Nigeria Airways?

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Here Are The 10 Best African Airlines (photos) by Seconsol92(m): 4:04pm On Aug 14, 2018
Where is Benin airways?

5 Likes

Re: Here Are The 10 Best African Airlines (photos) by flyca: 4:05pm On Aug 14, 2018
Nigerian Logo airways grin

10 Likes

Re: Here Are The 10 Best African Airlines (photos) by romenna: 4:05pm On Aug 14, 2018
Where is the giant of Africa when you are talking about good things for God sake!
Like that white man said, if you want to get ahead in life, stay away from the giant of Africa!

8 Likes

Re: Here Are The 10 Best African Airlines (photos) by sunnysunny69(m): 4:05pm On Aug 14, 2018
No Naija ? Only for bombing, kidnapping, corruption then we no dey carry last.
Re: Here Are The 10 Best African Airlines (photos) by DeeTweenie(f): 4:05pm On Aug 14, 2018
So Arik airways is not among the 10?
Was thinking they should be included.

1 Like

Re: Here Are The 10 Best African Airlines (photos) by Nobody: 4:05pm On Aug 14, 2018
grin... NCAN AIRLINES. Nairaland grin grin grin

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Here Are The 10 Best African Airlines (photos) by fahren(m): 4:05pm On Aug 14, 2018
11. logo of Nigeria Air as unveiled by Buhari and APC

12 Likes

Re: Here Are The 10 Best African Airlines (photos) by DrHighchief(m): 4:06pm On Aug 14, 2018
The list is not complete. Where is Air Nigeria?
Re: Here Are The 10 Best African Airlines (photos) by moscobabs(m): 4:06pm On Aug 14, 2018
They sa want spoil Nigeria name sa

Where is Arik?

Where Euro contractor?

Where is Dana?

Where is Virgin Nigeria?

Where Edo airline?

Trash....

1 Like

Re: Here Are The 10 Best African Airlines (photos) by HAH: 4:06pm On Aug 14, 2018
What of PowerPoint air aka Nigeria air

2 Likes

Re: Here Are The 10 Best African Airlines (photos) by Nobody: 4:06pm On Aug 14, 2018
I am porting to Ethiopian Airlines.

Someone help me with that cartoon, where una President is conjuring a turkey to fly -By Asuquo
Re: Here Are The 10 Best African Airlines (photos) by MARKETfund: 4:07pm On Aug 14, 2018
Why is Nigerian Air not on that list?
cool tongue

But how was this list compiled cos I feel EgyptAir should make that list.
On a serious note I flew them for the first time last month to UK
I was looking for a cheaper flight and turned out that it was the cheapest I got
Happen to surpass my expectation. Mehn I enjoyed their meal and general services

Practically empty from Abuja to Cairo. I pursued my friend who was supposed to sit with me and stretch myself on the seat.
Dude took over the opposite stretch and slept too. grin

Without a doubt, EthiopianAir has no rival In Africa. Apart from them I've never flown any other African Carrier until last month

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Here Are The 10 Best African Airlines (photos) by Nobody: 4:07pm On Aug 14, 2018
Naija is always excluded in good things. Nigeria has one of the worst economies in the world, one of the most corrupt country in the world, one of the most dangerous place to be on earth, two dreaded terrorists group(Bokoharam and Fulani herdsmen) is in Nigeria, worst police too. Who do we offend in the country?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Here Are The 10 Best African Airlines (photos) by Bruemath(m): 4:08pm On Aug 14, 2018
What of Naija Airs
Re: Here Are The 10 Best African Airlines (photos) by RoyalMajesty1: 4:08pm On Aug 14, 2018
From today......

I am an Ethiopiancheesycheesywink

1 Like

Re: Here Are The 10 Best African Airlines (photos) by ekensi01: 4:08pm On Aug 14, 2018
Those Coming To See A Airline From Nigeria Am Sorry For You.

tongue

1 Like

Re: Here Are The 10 Best African Airlines (photos) by ghurene007(m): 4:08pm On Aug 14, 2018
how come i cant find my airline there?
Re: Here Are The 10 Best African Airlines (photos) by cityabbey01(m): 4:09pm On Aug 14, 2018
Hmmmm, I nose Nigeria airline will not be there.... What can Nigeria be first at self?

1. Corruption
2. Fraud(yahoo yahoo)
3. Human trafficking
4.impunity
5.Olosho

Re: Here Are The 10 Best African Airlines (photos) by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 4:09pm On Aug 14, 2018
Seconsol92:
Where is Benin airways?
Edo airways are among the world's best not Africa's best grin

7 Likes

Re: Here Are The 10 Best African Airlines (photos) by Tareq1105: 4:10pm On Aug 14, 2018
abc115:
grin

We will get there

Amen, let's see possibility in our country.
Re: Here Are The 10 Best African Airlines (photos) by freedomchild: 4:11pm On Aug 14, 2018
shithole airline of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Here Are The 10 Best African Airlines (photos) by agarawu23(m): 4:11pm On Aug 14, 2018
Even though egyptiar airline isn't there, they still remain the best to some cos they are cheap and accurate. I have never lost baggages with them despite changing all their flights in Cairo on arrival. Airmaroc is cool too but I stopped flying them after comparing their price with Egyptiar.
Re: Here Are The 10 Best African Airlines (photos) by Joemetry(m): 4:11pm On Aug 14, 2018
Whereas ours have being destroyed by the system...

... NOW THE QUESTION, 'NAIJA POLITICIANS WHICH WAY?'
Re: Here Are The 10 Best African Airlines (photos) by ewenla7: 4:13pm On Aug 14, 2018
Nigerians are never objective and we like sensationalizing everything...... more advanced countries have had airlines in the past to that went south just like our own Nigeria airways- alitalia,swiss air,varig etc.....no one is making a fuzz about those..
Airline business is purely business and should be independent of government as far as naij is concerned

2 Likes

Re: Here Are The 10 Best African Airlines (photos) by 0pportun1t1es: 4:13pm On Aug 14, 2018
ok

(1) (2) (Reply)

5 Reasons Lagosians Love The BRT / Living In Brunei / Advice: Learning A Skilled Work Before Moving To US For Msc.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.