Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:26 PM

Let Us Start A New Project That Can Assist In The 2019 Election - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Let Us Start A New Project That Can Assist In The 2019 Election (1721 Views)

Nairaland Programmers !!! What New Project Are You Up To Now / Web And Android Developer Needed In Portharcourt To Assist In A Project / I Have A Project That I'll Like To Launch As Open Source! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let Us Start A New Project That Can Assist In The 2019 Election by Piuscrown: 4:25pm On Aug 14, 2018
Please this is not some political agenda or what ever

Let us start a community software project that can assist in the 2019 election in what ever ways, I don't have any idea myself but I know if we really want to do this we can come up with good ideas that can help in 2019 and beyond, it may end up helping the country and the few people that decided to get involved will learn new things too.
Re: Let Us Start A New Project That Can Assist In The 2019 Election by sistar007(m): 5:23pm On Aug 14, 2018
Am In
Re: Let Us Start A New Project That Can Assist In The 2019 Election by Piuscrown: 5:27pm On Aug 14, 2018
Good, let us wait if more people will be interested
Re: Let Us Start A New Project That Can Assist In The 2019 Election by LaiveNg: 6:27pm On Aug 14, 2018
I am interested. I am a Web developer. But what "platform" are we talking about here?
Re: Let Us Start A New Project That Can Assist In The 2019 Election by Duchman67: 9:26pm On Aug 14, 2018
Have a voice call broadcast platform www.text2voiceads.com It may help to get views and information across to a wide audience
Re: Let Us Start A New Project That Can Assist In The 2019 Election by sleekyjay(m): 11:52pm On Aug 14, 2018
Java/Android Dev here, mention me if anything concrete starts
Re: Let Us Start A New Project That Can Assist In The 2019 Election by Nobody: 4:28pm On Aug 15, 2018
Java Certified am in
Re: Let Us Start A New Project That Can Assist In The 2019 Election by universe123: 5:29pm On Aug 15, 2018
sleekyjay:

Java/Android Dev here, mention me if anything concrete starts
Hey,Am still learning java for Android development but I got stocked at data structures especially at linked list,I need someone who can be my mentor.
Re: Let Us Start A New Project That Can Assist In The 2019 Election by mcqwerty(m): 6:11pm On Aug 15, 2018
universe123:
Hey,Am still learning java for Android development but I got stocked at data structures especially at linked list,I need someone who can be my mentor.
Please create your own thread. Desist from derailing this one. Thanks.

I have an election app idea. It would be a web application which will also be synced with an android app. The main feature is that the connected public could actually do a sort of "mock online election" based on how popular a candidate is, hereby forecasting the likelihood of him/her winning or losing the election.
Re: Let Us Start A New Project That Can Assist In The 2019 Election by Duchman67: 6:22pm On Aug 15, 2018
mcqwerty:

Please create your own thread. Desist from derailing this one. Thanks.

I have an election app idea. It would be a web application which will also be synced with an android app. The main feature is that the connected public could actually do a sort of "mock online election" based on how popular a candidate is, hereby forecasting the likelihood of him/her winning or losing the election.

You can have an automated callup, say something to the call recipient and capture his/her input from the phone dialpad eg to vote Mr A press 1. Then store this in a mysql database.
Can implement this but need phone numbers grouped by LGA and states. Already have a platform to auto call a number and play recorded messages.
Re: Let Us Start A New Project That Can Assist In The 2019 Election by Berrings(m): 7:36pm On Aug 15, 2018
Development of the application for a smartphone can be entrusted to those who do it. It's not as expensive as you might think. The main thing is to determine the concept of this application and what it should bring in terms of elections. Then it will be easier to order it from the web development services company. The rest is a matter of technology.
Re: Let Us Start A New Project That Can Assist In The 2019 Election by jamesbrownn: 11:06am On Feb 12, 2019
Development of the application for a smartphone can be entrusted to those who do it. It's not as expensive as you might think. The main thing is to determine the concept of this application and what it should bring in terms of elections. Then it will be easier to order it from the web application development company. The rest is a matter of technology.
Re: Let Us Start A New Project That Can Assist In The 2019 Election by oyolohi: 10:54pm On Feb 12, 2019
Hmm... Interesting...

I have an idea. How about an app that will channel all votes through one central server (with me as the only administrator)
Re: Let Us Start A New Project That Can Assist In The 2019 Election by Ikennablue(m): 12:33pm On Feb 13, 2019
Duchman67:

You can have an automated callup, say something to the call recipient and capture his/her input from the phone dialpad eg to vote Mr A press 1. Then store this in a mysql database.
Can implement this but need phone numbers grouped by LGA and states. Already have a platform to auto call a number and play recorded messages.
Thats a good idea, maybe, to vote you will have to enter your number, LGA and state which will be stored in a database so that everyone can only vote once

1 Like

Re: Let Us Start A New Project That Can Assist In The 2019 Election by LaiveNg: 5:56pm On Feb 13, 2019
Ikennablue:
Thats a good idea, maybe, to vote you will have to enter your number, LGA and state which will be stored in a database so that everyone can only vote once
This is the best and cost-effective way so far!!!! Let me know when anything serious starts.
Re: Let Us Start A New Project That Can Assist In The 2019 Election by elipheleh(m): 10:05pm On Feb 13, 2019
Guys I have something ongoing already on election in Nigeria. It will be made public early 2020.
And by 2023, I'm envisioning get that it'll be in use and be a game changer in good electioneering.

I'll be needing other competent Web designers to do the work with me.

I am specifically building a new programming language for the work.

So naturally talented programmers will be drafted into the project by end of this year 2019.
Re: Let Us Start A New Project That Can Assist In The 2019 Election by LaiveNg: 12:13pm On Feb 14, 2019
Came up with this last night using the CodeIgniter PHP framework. Since it was built in a rush, there are certain features I have deliberately not included. I will deploy it here when I finish implementing the two remaining features. Please not that no signup is required for users to cast their virtual votes, and for security reasons I won't share the technique used. But it's a very simple technique.
I decided not to use users mobile phone numbers as unique identifiers since such method can easily be compromised by using ficticious phone numbers to cast votes.

See screen shots below :

Re: Let Us Start A New Project That Can Assist In The 2019 Election by adam104064: 8:29am On Jan 15, 2020
Taxi Pulse is a white-label taxi dispatch software solution to automate and streamline the fleet business of all sizes. This feature-packed solution allows manual and automatic dispatching, fleet management, real-time tracking, and much more. Taxi Pulse has been specially designed to help businesses keep their fleet management process smooth-running.
Re: Let Us Start A New Project That Can Assist In The 2019 Election by amitahuja393: 7:59am On Jul 18, 2020
Digital marketing very help full for business during Covid 19. all business need best Digital Marketing Agency Pune also comapny provide lead generation. we are the top lead generation comapany in pune

(1) (Reply)

A Career In Software Development!?!? / *~Javanian Voted Programming Section Poster Of 2012 *~ Congratulations / Redirecting Back To Original Page After Login.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.