Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,144 members, 7,815,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:39 AM

The 2019 Ford Ranger Configurator Is Ready For Adventure (specs And Photos) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The 2019 Ford Ranger Configurator Is Ready For Adventure (specs And Photos) (15329 Views)

The New 2019 Ford Edge Unveiled In Nigeria By Coscharis Motors (PHOTOS) / The All New 2019 Ford F-150 Is Sporty, Luxurious And Powerful. (photos) / 2019 Ford Edge ST Revealed (photos, Details And Price) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The 2019 Ford Ranger Configurator Is Ready For Adventure (specs And Photos) by TechCapon(m): 11:13pm On Aug 14, 2018
TechCapon

After accidentally publishing (and quickly unpublishing) the configurator for the 2019 Ranger last week, Ford officially launched the truck online today, betraying the Ranger’s pricing and options structure. The 2019 Ranger will start at $25,395 (N9.2M Approx) for a base XL SuperCab 4×2,
It must be acknowledged that it represents a fairly substantial jump in base price compared to some of its competition like the base four-cylinder Chevrolet Colorado.

Admittedly, the Ford’s 2.3L EcoBoost I-4 will no doubt offer more power and torque than most of it’s competitors From the base XL, prices rise just a bit. SuperCab versions of the XLT and Lariat is sold for $29,035 (N10.5M Approx) and $33,305 (N12M Approx), respectively. Adding four-wheel drive requires about $4,000, depending on the model..

To be certain, nearly 40 grand is a significant starting point for a midsize pickup without any added extras. For comparison, a nicely equipped Colorado Z71 crew cab 4×4 starts at $37,195 with a few luxuries like Bose audio, a navigation system, and towing accouterment. While we’ve come to accept midsize trucks as having the same MSRP problems as their fullsize brethren, it’s a bit sad to see Ford not take the opportunity to significantly undercut its primary competitor.

Infotainment system ?

It comes with extra speakers a larger 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system running Ford’s Sync 3.. The XLT also includes Ford’s CoPilot360 safety suite, which adds automatic high beams, blind spot monitoring and lane-keep assist. It also picks up Ford’s 4G LTE Wi-Fi hotspot capability.

All possible configurations carry the same powertrain — a 2.3-liter turbocharged I4 gas engine mated to a 10-speed automatic. Nevertheless, the Ranger promises to be a fine truck for active individuals and small families.

SOURCE:http://techcapon.com/the-2019-ford-ranger-configurator-is-ready-for-an-adventure-specs-and-photos/

1 Like

Re: The 2019 Ford Ranger Configurator Is Ready For Adventure (specs And Photos) by PrinxArthur1(m): 11:16pm On Aug 14, 2018
Ftc
Re: The 2019 Ford Ranger Configurator Is Ready For Adventure (specs And Photos) by TechCapon(m): 11:40pm On Aug 14, 2018
PrinxArthur1:
Ftc
it's almost midnight, see what you're doing online grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The 2019 Ford Ranger Configurator Is Ready For Adventure (specs And Photos) by PrinxArthur1(m): 11:59pm On Aug 14, 2018
TechCapon:
iberibe n'enye onye ara morale

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 2019 Ford Ranger Configurator Is Ready For Adventure (specs And Photos) by mustydeen(m): 1:21am On Aug 16, 2018
Please, what is the rationale behind the costly Hilux

See this beauty for less

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 2019 Ford Ranger Configurator Is Ready For Adventure (specs And Photos) by diportivo: 5:35am On Aug 16, 2018
last last,na RRS ambode go buy am for

undecided

1 Like

Re: The 2019 Ford Ranger Configurator Is Ready For Adventure (specs And Photos) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:52am On Aug 16, 2018
Nice MACHINE.
Re: The 2019 Ford Ranger Configurator Is Ready For Adventure (specs And Photos) by DAntivirus: 6:54am On Aug 16, 2018
Boko boys may consider getting this rather than hilux...

by the way, I heard Osinbajo has fired Buhari, is it true?
Boko boys may consider getting this rather than hilux...

by the way, I heard Osinbajo has fired Buhari, is it true?
Re: The 2019 Ford Ranger Configurator Is Ready For Adventure (specs And Photos) by SamuelTurner(m): 7:02am On Aug 16, 2018
H
Re: The 2019 Ford Ranger Configurator Is Ready For Adventure (specs And Photos) by jaxxy(m): 7:03am On Aug 16, 2018
Finally they gave it the premium interior looks of the Edge
Re: The 2019 Ford Ranger Configurator Is Ready For Adventure (specs And Photos) by Obierika(m): 7:24am On Aug 16, 2018
Personally I think tricks and sports cars should only come in manual transmission
Re: The 2019 Ford Ranger Configurator Is Ready For Adventure (specs And Photos) by Kingspin(m): 7:43am On Aug 16, 2018
TechCapon:
Your mid-night could be some one day light. It called time zones.
Re: The 2019 Ford Ranger Configurator Is Ready For Adventure (specs And Photos) by Soulsymbol99: 7:59am On Aug 16, 2018
Still prefer Hilux cool
Re: The 2019 Ford Ranger Configurator Is Ready For Adventure (specs And Photos) by vertueptime: 8:30am On Aug 16, 2018
mustydeen:

See this beauty for less

But the fuel consumption no get part two
Re: The 2019 Ford Ranger Configurator Is Ready For Adventure (specs And Photos) by Nobody: 8:52am On Aug 16, 2018
I have my reservations about American cars. From Ford to Chevy, etc.
Re: The 2019 Ford Ranger Configurator Is Ready For Adventure (specs And Photos) by mustydeen(m): 8:56am On Aug 16, 2018
vertueptime:

But the fuel consumption no get part two

Are you referring to the Hillux or the Ranger?

1 Like

Re: The 2019 Ford Ranger Configurator Is Ready For Adventure (specs And Photos) by vertueptime: 9:20am On Aug 16, 2018
mustydeen:

Are you referring to the Hillux or the Ranger?

Ford na, bigger tank and consumes more,
Re: The 2019 Ford Ranger Configurator Is Ready For Adventure (specs And Photos) by 400billionman: 10:31am On Aug 16, 2018
PrinxArthur1:
iberibe n'enye onye ara morale
MORALE

1 Like

Re: The 2019 Ford Ranger Configurator Is Ready For Adventure (specs And Photos) by PrinxArthur1(m): 10:34am On Aug 16, 2018
400billionman:
MORALE
onuma mere obi guys lewa
Re: The 2019 Ford Ranger Configurator Is Ready For Adventure (specs And Photos) by 400billionman: 10:35am On Aug 16, 2018
PrinxArthur1:
onuma mere obi guys lewa
LEWA
Re: The 2019 Ford Ranger Configurator Is Ready For Adventure (specs And Photos) by mustydeen(m): 10:54am On Aug 16, 2018
vertueptime:

grin the bigger tank cracked me up.

How big a tank is has nothing to do with fuel consumption. And it is an l4 too, just like the hillux. You will cringe to know how much the latest model of the hillux go for.

Infact in our circle, the Hilux is called the cocaine of trucks. You hardly see it up for sale, like at a car stand.

Infact, no joke. I have sold an Hilux with a bad engine for 4.5m, the agent was aware the engine is gone. A 2010 model.

I know there's a demand for it, but I still can't wrap my mind Around the price and the craze for it.

Still the question, why does the hillux cost so much.

If youv ever driven a Ford ranger, the handling and stability is better. Parastatals and government agencies have resorted to getting the Ranger or L200 to cut cost. They will gladly go for the hillux if it were the same price or cheaper.

I still want to know why
Re: The 2019 Ford Ranger Configurator Is Ready For Adventure (specs And Photos) by Originalsly: 11:07am On Aug 16, 2018
vertueptime:

Hmmm....bigger tank means the car consumes more. I learned something new today... thanks to NL.
Re: The 2019 Ford Ranger Configurator Is Ready For Adventure (specs And Photos) by vertueptime: 11:20am On Aug 16, 2018
Originalsly:

Hmmm....bigger tank means the car consumes more. I learned something new today... thanks to NL.

If u read properly and understood comprehensively ul see AND separating the two. Or for the sake of understanding let me rephrase it consumes more, (meaning compared to hilux which was been in comparison and also has a bigger thank than the hilux.

Now uv learnt something.
Re: The 2019 Ford Ranger Configurator Is Ready For Adventure (specs And Photos) by vertueptime: 11:37am On Aug 16, 2018
mustydeen:

grin the bigger tank cracked me up.

How big a tank is has nothing to do with fuel consumption. And it is an l4 too, just like the hillux. You will cringe to know how much the latest model of the hillux go for.

Infact in our circle, the Hilux is called the cocaine of trucks. You hardly see it up for sale, like at a car stand.

Infact, no joke. I have sold an Hilux with a bad engine for 4.5m, the agent was aware the engine is gone. A 2010 model.

I know there's a demand for it, but I still can't wrap my mind Around the price and the craze for it.

Still the question, why does the hillux cost so much.

If youv ever driven a Ford ranger, the handling and stability is better. Parastatals and government agencies have resorted to getting the Ranger or L200 to cut cost. They will gladly go for the hillux if it were the same price or cheaper.

I still want to know why

Wch of the two has a bigger tank?

Which consumes more?

Where did i state that its because it has a bigger thank means it must be the reason for higher consumption? Even though related but not a necessity

Even if i wanted to state it in that fashion, i would rather say the manufacturers would provide a bigger thank bcause the car guzzles more, ie gmc, shevy , ram trucks, jaguwar,
Re: The 2019 Ford Ranger Configurator Is Ready For Adventure (specs And Photos) by Originalsly: 12:08pm On Aug 16, 2018
mustydeen:

See this beauty for less

Not a car guy to be giving specs etc...but from my observations. ....Toyota brand on the whole... is more reliable... fuel efficient to serve the purpose...and has more tolerance/flexibility. I guess the reason why on National Geographic and others where they go to remote areas.... why is it they don't use Ford?...or BMW/Benz?.... It's not because of gas consumption....reliability and flexibility is key. Can you imagine filling up with dirty gas?...Toyota will be the last still running.
@ selling your Hilux with bad engine....they will pay thru the nose for a diesel Hilux....running or not...no matter how old. Why is another story.
Re: The 2019 Ford Ranger Configurator Is Ready For Adventure (specs And Photos) by Originalsly: 12:14pm On Aug 16, 2018
vertueptime:

If u read properly and understood comprehensively ul see AND separating the two. Or for the sake of understanding let me rephrase it consumes more, (meaning compared to hilux which was been in comparison and also has a bigger thank than the hilux.

Now uv learnt something.

Bro. ....from what you write...that's the message...no need for explanations. Modify your writing ...rephrase so others will ehmmm....understand comprehensively.
Re: The 2019 Ford Ranger Configurator Is Ready For Adventure (specs And Photos) by mustydeen(m): 12:43pm On Aug 16, 2018
vertueptime:

Wch of the two has a bigger tank?

Which consumes more?

car guzzles more, ie gmc, shevy , ram trucks, jaguwar,

My bad, sorry I misinterpreted what you wrote.

You still never answer my question o

1 Like

Re: The 2019 Ford Ranger Configurator Is Ready For Adventure (specs And Photos) by mustydeen(m): 1:02pm On Aug 16, 2018
Originalsly:

Not a car guy to be giving specs etc...but from my observations. ....Toyota brand on the whole... is more reliable... fuel efficient to serve the purpose...and has more tolerance/flexibility

Like you stated. The Toyotas leave plenty of room for abuse before giving up.

Some Client had brought a pencil light camry for repairs at the shop and I wanted to do preliminary checks before taking the job. On checking the oil level, the dips tick could barely touch oil. Like WTF. Heaven knows for how long he is been doing that. Truth is, Toyota's will forgive you.

And Kazeems like us grin love it, it is the reason why it is being embraced by Nigerians. It will allow you remove thermostat, connect fan directly and still do decent fuel consumption. Try that with a Ford.

Has a kind of reliable aftermarket parts. You don't need to do OEM before you feel safe.

Sadly, The latest Models wouldn't give room for as much abuse as before. If you Kanor read manuals or recommendations, you are on your own. It would still tolerate better than other brands(From Europe and America). I just think all Japs are just great with tolerance. The Hondas, Mitsubishis'... List them

1 Like

Re: The 2019 Ford Ranger Configurator Is Ready For Adventure (specs And Photos) by mustydeen(m): 1:05pm On Aug 16, 2018
Obierika:
Personally I think tricks and sports cars should only come in manual transmission

Plus Utility and Commercial purposed vehicles
Re: The 2019 Ford Ranger Configurator Is Ready For Adventure (specs And Photos) by vertueptime: 1:10pm On Aug 16, 2018
Originalsly:

Bro. ....from what you write...that's the message...no need for explanations. Modify your writing ...rephrase so others will ehmmm....understand comprehensively.

Lol no, im not responsible for how they understand

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Having Too Many Keys Attached To Your Car Keys Is Bad / Lagos Begins Cleanup Of Illegal Motor Parks Under Bridges / For Your $1.5 Million, Will It Be A Bugatti Or A Koenigsegg?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.