Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,267 members, 7,818,924 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:15 AM

How Do I Correct Bow Leg In A Baby - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Do I Correct Bow Leg In A Baby (17053 Views)

A Baby Boy Has Been Born From The World's Oldest Sperm. [photos] / Why Do Some People Have Bow Leg? / Please Help Ring Worm Eating My Leg For Two Years Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Correct Bow Leg In A Baby by ucheawesom: 5:12pm On Jun 23, 2010
Hello all,
Is there anyway bow/K leg can be corrected in babies?
Re: How Do I Correct Bow Leg In A Baby by ElRazur: 8:17am On Jun 24, 2010
This is my opinion nothing more.

Bow leg should correct ifself over time. Calcium-rich food should be encouraged too.

K leg I have no idea.

In both cases, please do not hesitate to see an expert or someone qualified for an assessment.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Correct Bow Leg In A Baby by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jun 24, 2010
lol sorry poster, do you hate bow legs that much? please do not do anything
drastic to that poor baby.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Correct Bow Leg In A Baby by Toyins(f): 12:59pm On Jun 24, 2010
You can use cod liver (fish oil) for bow leg in baby but i dont no of k leg
Re: How Do I Correct Bow Leg In A Baby by princessk1: 3:12pm On Jun 24, 2010
all babies have bow leg which corrects itself as they grow older. make sure the baby eats and healthy give multivitamins.
Re: How Do I Correct Bow Leg In A Baby by ucheawesom: 4:55pm On Jun 24, 2010
Ok.
Thanks everyone.

@Rokiatu,I indeed hate bow leg that much.I have noticed my 13 months old leg is bowed since she started walking at 9 months and had expected it would have corrected by now but so far it hasnt and i was getting really concerned.

I read in a book that bow legs is caused by lack of vitamin D and is more common in bosom fed kids cos the bosom milk lacks sufficient vitamin D.In fact,the article says such babies shld be given vitamin D supplements till they are on formula.
I guess this is where i missed it cos she was exclusively breastfed.
Anyway,i believe dat at 13 months there is lots of room for improvement so long as i do the right thing hence the question.

Thanks all for your contributions.
Re: How Do I Correct Bow Leg In A Baby by bece: 5:30pm On Jun 24, 2010
@poster dont get worried it will correct itself as the baby grows up just give the baby a balanced diet. My daughter is bow legged she will be 4 and u wont know she was ever bow legged. I had bow leg as a child too but i have one of the sexiest leg a woman will ever want, my legs is one of my asset as a woman o
Re: How Do I Correct Bow Leg In A Baby by aieromon(m): 1:17pm On Jun 25, 2010
Include Osteocare liquid in your child's dietary intake.It contains calcium and vitamin D3 which will arrest bone deformity.
Re: How Do I Correct Bow Leg In A Baby by awuf2008: 5:36pm On Jun 28, 2010
wait till she grows a bit. if not take the baby to
National Orthopedic Hospital, Igbobi Lagos. for
corrective surgery.

If you have any problem, i can link you with somebody that works
at the above hospital.
good luck
Re: How Do I Correct Bow Leg In A Baby by cfours: 6:42am On Feb 13, 2012
ucheawesom:

Ok.
Thanks everyone.

@Rokiatu,I indeed hate bow leg that much.I have noticed my 13 months old leg is bowed since she started walking at 9 months and had expected it would have corrected by now but so far it hasnt and i was getting really concerned.

I read in a book that bow legs is caused by lack of vitamin D and is more common in bosom fed kids cos the bosom milk lacks sufficient vitamin D.In fact,the article says such babies shld be given vitamin D supplements till they are on formula.
I guess this is where i missed it cos she was exclusively breastfed.
Anyway,i believe dat at 13 months there is lots of room for improvement so long as i do the right thing hence the question.

Thanks all for your contributions.

glad you found the root of the problem. breastfeeding is fine as long as the mother herself is eating very nutritious food. did you take prenatal vitamins?
yes, it's not too late like you said. get him/her on baby formula asap.
Re: How Do I Correct Bow Leg In A Baby by highland(m): 12:50pm On Feb 13, 2012
Since the child is still a baby , there is assurance that it will correct overtime. But while not start given Calcium product from green World for Strong bone and corrective measure.
Re: How Do I Correct Bow Leg In A Baby by godform: 1:56pm On Feb 17, 2016
for a baby, you av to wait till his/her bone gets stronger at precisely 7 yrs upward and by den you can start using medications before the bones grows more stronger again, introducing to u 1 set foot care tool charming imported long leg belt (O AND X) form leg correction belt for both children and adult, which helps to straighten leg deformities gradually in d state of some month .... packaged alongside is d anigcalcium drug which is meant to be taken alongside the belt usage... contact for delivery: 09036296593 price: 4,500

1 Share

Re: How Do I Correct Bow Leg In A Baby by KimmieRollison: 7:14am On May 03, 2017
Bow legs is a condition where the feet and ankles are close to each other while the knees are far wide apart. The condition is typical among toddlers/children; however, the deformity may also extend to the later years in case it’s left untreated. Bowed legs can cause pain in the knees and movement limitations, especially in the older kids. Some people may be born with bow legs, while others might develop the condition in one leg due to an injury.

How To Correct The Bow Legs

Vitamin D: Increasing vitamin D levels can help in preventing rickets from developing, and in turn might help in correcting bow legs.

Leg Exercises: This type of exercise is mainly aimed at strengthening the muscles around your knees; it will reduce the strain exerted on your joints and tendons, and will improve your bowed legs.

Surgery: In adults who have severe cases of bow legs, surgery is the only option. The surgery will basically shift the way the bones rest on the knees; and it will correct your bow legs whilst reducing the strain exerted on the cartilage. Surgery is actually considered as an ideal method in regards to correcting bow legs in adults with severe cases of bow legs.

You can read more information on bow leg surgery here: http://orthopaedicsurgeryindia.com/bow-leg-correction-surgery-in-india/

(1) (Reply)

16 Health Benefits Of Oha Leaves / Sonoscope Ultrasound Scan Probe Replacement / 5 Reasons To Wash Your Hand Before Eating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.