Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,891 members, 7,817,621 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

My Biggest Career Decision. Pls Help. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Biggest Career Decision. Pls Help. (564 Views)

Biggest Career Opportunity Campaign / Help Make A Career Decision - Urgent!!! / What Are The Biggest Career Mistakes To Avoid? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Biggest Career Decision. Pls Help. by kayus2(m): 9:46am On Aug 16, 2018
Hello NL,
Pls I need your input and advice as am about to make a very big career decision.
I work in a financial institutions in Abuja and to some extent, I can reliably tell u that I know the nitigrity of this job to the admiration of all. But the problem is, salary does not commensurate with my role. My company makes a lot of money but dish out peanut to staff as salary, except for some few. My salary is 200k which is rather too small for my role. I handle some very sensitive aspect of the biz (there are things that only me knows how to to do,pls am not bragging); Even when am on leave, they just have to wait for me. There was a year I was 'begged' not to go on leave just to work yet no monetary compensation, my company is just too stingy. After 5 years, I started looking for another place and I recently secured a new job, salary is 450k but they claim I will have to be on contract for one year before they will absorb me so as to be sure I really know d job as claimed, am not really bothered because I sabi wella. The prob is, I resigned my appointment with my company hoping to resume with this other coy as I already accept their offer letter only for my MD to call me that he's pleading with me not to leave his company, that he will pay whatever they are offering me. I know he's capable of paying, Something similar happen eight month ago to another staff and she decided to accept our MD offer and she stays and shes still working now and not complaining. The truth is. Most of d I'll treatment I have endure in my former place is not known to my MD, and I think it's true because he's always out of the country, like 8 month abroad and 4 month in Nigeria. Some colleagues think i
should leave while others think i should have a rethink. What do you guys think. The job am doing now is still what I will be doing if I leave. Transport is thesame.
Re: My Biggest Career Decision. Pls Help. by Edithspecials: 12:59pm On Aug 16, 2018
Since there's a proposed upward review of your pay you should consider staying with them judging from the experience of a colleague. The new place is not guaranteed because you will be a temporary staff who knows they may want you to indirectly train someone there after that terminate the contract or who knows you maybe indirectly standing in for someone they wanna send out for further studies who may come back and relieve you. They know you have experience so I see no reason why place you on contract. My 1 cent. #Good luck
Re: My Biggest Career Decision. Pls Help. by Gamesmart: 2:30pm On Aug 16, 2018
kayus2:
Hello NL,
Pls I need your input and advice as am about to make a very big career decision.
I work in a financial institutions in Abuja and to some extent, I can reliably tell u that I know the nitigrity of this job to the admiration of all. But the problem is, salary does not commensurate with my role. My company makes a lot of money but dish out peanut to staff as salary, except for some few. My salary is 200k which is rather too small for my role. I handle some very sensitive aspect of the biz (there are things that only me knows how to to do,pls am not bragging); Even when am on leave, they just have to wait for me. There was a year I was 'begged' not to go on leave just to work yet no monetary compensation, my company is just too stingy. After 5 years, I started looking for another place and I recently secured a new job, salary is 450k but they claim I will have to be on contract for one year before they will absorb me so as to be sure I really know d job as claimed, am not really bothered because I sabi wella. The prob is, I resigned my appointment with my company hoping to resume with this other coy as I already accept their offer letter only for my MD to call me that he's pleading with me not to leave his company, that he will pay whatever they are offering me. I know he's capable of paying, Something similar happen eight month ago to another staff and she decided to accept our MD offer and she stays and shes still working now and not complaining. The truth is. Most of d I'll treatment I have endure in my former place is not known to my MD, and I think it's true because he's always out of the country, like 8 month abroad and 4 month in Nigeria. Some colleagues think i
should leave while others think i should have a rethink. What do you guys think. The job am doing now is still what I will be doing if I leave. Transport is thesame.

Don't stay with your current MD; teach him a lesson for exploiting you.

If you decide to stay, make sure you are not staying for the same salary you would have gotten in the new job, let your MD pay you 50% top-up for all the earning opportunities he exploited off you. Don't let him just match the N450K; get at least N675K to make up for all the money you have lost.

It is the responsibility of your MD to ensure staff welfare is high. NO EXCUSES! NO CLAIM OF IGNORANCE!

If he likes, he should be in Mecca for 9,000 years, you were still exploited in his company.

He was ignorant about his staff being underpaid even after the other staff was encouraged to stay 8 months ago with improved salary? Nonsense!

Change jobs and let him lose money or exploit him too.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Capital Companion Ltd / Ongoing Recruitment At Gilberts Group 2019 | Apply Now Before Deadline / Just Uniforms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.