Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,994 members, 7,817,944 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:36 PM

Poll:should Children Be In Or Out Of School During Summer? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Poll:should Children Be In Or Out Of School During Summer? (329 Views)

Should Children Be Invited To Wedding Reception? / At What Age Should Children Be Allowed “sleep-overs”? / Should Children Say Thank You To Their Parent(s) After Every Meal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Poll:should Children Be In Or Out Of School During Summer? by momokiddies: 10:40am On Aug 16, 2018
It has become a culture to see pupils and students go back to school for ‘summer lesson’ when they are supposedly on break. It takes about nine to ten months to complete an academic year which are often characterized with rigorous learning and tedious task.

At the end of a session, children look forward to a ‘relax’ from all that school represents, but these days, the norm has been to see children bundled back to school for ‘summer lesson’

The question is should children be allowed to stay out of school, choose whatever way they want to spend their summer holiday, or they should be pushed back to school?

Argument for in school

• Summer school prepares children ahead of the new academic year
• Some teachers have argued that children who attended summer school scored higher grade than children who did not.
• The children are quick to settle back to school and learn
• Some summer schools teach their students skills such as bead making, art &raft, cookery, and many more.

Argument for out of school

• Children who spent their summer outside of the classrooms feel thrilled and look forward to a new academic year, while children who were in school are bored with routines.
• A child can still catch up and do well with the grades even if he was out of summer school
• After a stressed session shouldn’t children rest and play? ‘All works no play makes jack a dull boy’
• Being out of school allow children to explore and become creative in whatever their hands find doing.

What’s your opinion? Should children attend the traditional summer lesson, or spend their holiday in other ways? Why?

If you have kids, tell us, how are they spending their summer?
Re: Poll:should Children Be In Or Out Of School During Summer? by ifyalways(f): 6:27pm On Aug 16, 2018
Strongly against it.

School vacations are for rest,family get togethers and vacation, music, dancing,swimming classes . No books!!!!!!

Family bonding time and fun ONLY.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poll:should Children Be In Or Out Of School During Summer? by memories1(f): 7:20pm On Aug 16, 2018
Rest! Rest! Rest!

I wake mine up by 5:15am, so that she'll catch up with the 7:15am set time, stays till almost 4pm before getting home. That goes on for almost 4 months in a term, and when it's holiday, she can't get some rest and play around?

Let the kids rest joor.
Re: Poll:should Children Be In Or Out Of School During Summer? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Aug 16, 2018
I know a teacher in a big private school (elementary). If she had a hundred Naira for each time a parent called her to ask about holiday classes (in tones suggesting they cannot wait to get these kids out of their way), she would be a double digit millionaire (if I exaggerate, it is only a little!) Many parents do not want to parent but for "Socaiti" and its pressure on people to do the matrimony, lol. Even people who do not like children are compelled to spew forth children. Why won't these people enroll their kids in holiday boarding school if those were available? grin
Re: Poll:should Children Be In Or Out Of School During Summer? by momokiddies: 7:46pm On Aug 16, 2018
merahki:
I know a teacher in a big private school (elementary). If she had a hundred Naira for each time a parent called her to ask about holiday classes (in tones suggesting they cannot wait to get these kids out of their way), she would be a double digit millionaire (if I exaggerate, it is only a little!) Many parents do not want to parent but for "Socaiti" and its pressure on people to do the matrimony, lol. Even people who do not like children are compelled to spew forth children. Why won't this people enroll their kids in holiday boarding school if those were available? grin

why give birth if you can't create time for them? those parents must be high I tell you. Already wanting the children out.
Re: Poll:should Children Be In Or Out Of School During Summer? by momokiddies: 7:47pm On Aug 16, 2018
memories1:
Rest! Rest! Rest!

I wake mine up by 5:15am, so that she'll catch up with the 7:15am set time, stays till almost 4pm before getting home. That goes on for almost 4 months in a term, and when it's holiday, she can't get some rest and play around?

Let the kids rest joor.

5:15am ? she needs rest truly Moor lol.

(1) (Reply)

A Female Home Tutor Is Available For Your Kids Now In Port-harcourt. / I ... / Urgent!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.