Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,106 members, 7,849,445 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 09:44 PM

How I got defrauded of over 6 figures through ussd code - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How I got defrauded of over 6 figures through ussd code (371 Views)

Help! My Brother Just Got Defrauded / How I Was Defrauded Of N3.2 Million And Almost Depressed / Stolen Money Through Ussd (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How I got defrauded of over 6 figures through ussd code by Mannothot(m): 4:20pm On Aug 16, 2018
On Monday my phone line which is linked to my bank's USSD code was stolen in Lagos, precisely by a pickpocketer... I tried to block my line but I was told I wasn't legible to do so since I wasn't the one that registered the Sim.. My mum actually gave this line to me and I have been using this line for over 5 years...

I put a call to my mum on Tuesday morning to block and retrieve my Sim which meant that my old stolen Sim would be blocked.. I didn't suspect anything until I tried to do my normal transaction using my ussd code and pin and I was told that my pin was incorrect after 3 trials I received a message from Ecobank that my ussd has been locked, that I should contact the center which I did... On getting there I was quite troubled as to why my ussd code could have been locked and I was asked to get a reset pin form. I didn't suspect any foul movement had been done on my account until I tried to use the pin that was reset and i went on to check my account balance and lo and behold my account was empty and my money had been swiped... Rushed back to the customer manager and laid a complaint to help me verify what may have happened which he did and printed a mini account statement which showed that my account had been compromised and there was an interbank transfer by two people who. I don't even have an idea of they are or neither was the transaction authorized by me. and the last transaction by these fraudulent act was a airtime top up which had the phone number recharged..

There are two people whose name were shown to have been the recipient of the interbank transfer and a phone number who topped up...

All this fraudulent activities happened even at the point where I had received my welcome back Sim 14/8/2018, as I received it on Tuesday and the last fraudulent top up even happened on the 15/8/2018...

I have lodged a complaint in my resident bank and I am yet to get a solid response from them which I believe these perpetrators can be traced.

Anyone with information on how to go about this or has an experience with these fraudulent activities by these perpetrators should pls come. To my aid..

Cc mynd44
Lalasticlala
Seun
Cc Dominique
Cc farano
Cc Rocktation

1 Like

Re: How I got defrauded of over 6 figures through ussd code by ozento: 5:35pm On Aug 16, 2018
cal ur account officer or customer care.

(1) (Reply)

Suspects Threatening Kidnap Of Businessmen In Niger State Arrested ( Photos ) / Gang In Shock As Notorious Kidnapper Is Captured By Police In Imo / What Is General Danjuma Saying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.