Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,090 members, 7,811,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:53 PM

Are We Really Divided Tribally? - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Are We Really Divided Tribally? (576 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are We Really Divided Tribally? by atoleybaba(m): 7:15am On Aug 17, 2018
Just concluded my 3weeks compulsory nysc camp in nasarawa and I had the privilege to meet and mix with various peeps and hommies from different part of the country (I must say I was really grateful for such experience) in that 3 weeks, we all laughed and fought and settled like we have known each other for years!!!! I met guys and girls who agitated for Biafra yet were friendly with both the northerners and westerners like they spoke same language. Even when me and my fellow yorubas spoke our language beside the ibos even tho they were not happy being segregated from the conversation, they lay out their grievance in a respectful manner and we all laugh over it and get along good.
I saw thick skin ibo trying to learn the hausa language and smile graciously with the northerners and even joked about being 2nd wife to one of the northern corper. Even I became a friend with an ibo girl that frowns alot and look like someone that hates other tribes
We all knew we were from different background and tried to respect each other's belief. All these and more made me think hard. Do we really have tribal issue in this country, or the politicians and really behind this tribal wars and unrest?

Just concluded my 3weeks compulsory nysc camp in nasarawa and I had the privilege to meet and mix with various peeps and hommies from different part of the country (I must say I was really grateful for such experience) in that 3 weeks, we all laughed and fought and settled like we have known each other for years!!!! I met guys and girls who agitated for Biafra yet were friendly with both the northerners and westerners like they spoke same language. Even when me and my fellow yorubas spoke our language beside the ibos even tho they were not happy being segregated from the conversation, they lay out their grievance in a respectful manner and we all laugh over it and get along good.
I saw thick skin ibo trying to learn the hausa language and smile graciously with the northerners and even joked about being 2nd wife to one of the northern corper. Even I became a friend with an ibo girl that frowns alot and look like someone that hates other tribes
We all knew we were from different background and tried to respect each other's belief. All these and more made me think hard. Do we really have tribal issue in this country, or the politicians and really behind this tribal wars and unrest?
Re: Are We Really Divided Tribally? by eezeribe(m): 7:20am On Aug 17, 2018
NYSC is an Ivory Tower....
When you come to the real world you would wake up from your illusion...
All of you were just trying to coexist in camp for peace to reign , so that the aim of your purpose there would be fulfilled.
Or do you expect anybody to say or do anything stupid in a strange land?
In camp, everyone is usually humble, or do you want the soldiers to reprimand you
It's during politics, appointments, businesses, promotions,etc you would understand better...
From this your post, you really sound unenlightened, uneducated and unexposed, maybe it's only the Bible and what you were thought in school that you know.
As typical of the average Nigerian graduate.

2 Likes

Re: Are We Really Divided Tribally? by fk001(m): 7:22am On Aug 17, 2018
We are not divided. Social media is the problem.
Re: Are We Really Divided Tribally? by sammirano: 7:28am On Aug 17, 2018
Lolz
Re: Are We Really Divided Tribally? by 9japrof(m): 7:46am On Aug 17, 2018
Welcome to the real world boy, you are deluded, please wake up.

Nigeria is very divided, Shey you said you were posted to nasarawa, just give yourself some few days and you would come back here to sing a different song.

Northerners are given preferential treatment in Nigeria more especially when you are in northern Nigeria.

With that said, NYSC still has some positives
Re: Are We Really Divided Tribally? by nzeobi(m): 8:01am On Aug 17, 2018
discrimination has always been there with man. how many yoruba landlords rent their properties to igbos here in lagos.

taking discrimination to the extreme is what should be abhorred.
in hausa they are those called the real hausas and fake ones. same thing in yoruba and igbos.
Re: Are We Really Divided Tribally? by Oshin56(m): 2:05pm On Aug 17, 2018
We are divided but you can not know that at Nassarawa come down to Abuja you will know the difference
Re: Are We Really Divided Tribally? by derecho(m): 5:21pm On Aug 17, 2018
Did I miss anything in his post that suggested he is a Christian or that he reads the bible?Friend,
if you are an ardent reader and student of the Bible you'll know what it can do to a man.
To boot it's not wisdom to arrogate wisdom to yourself. He may be a poor writer/narrator but that does not equate unintelligence
eezeribe:
NYSC in an Ivory Tower....
All of you were just trying to coexist in camp for peace to reign , so that the aim of your purpose there would be fulfilled.
In camp, everyone is usually humble, or do you want the soldiers to reprimand you
It's during politics, appointments, businesses, promotions,etc you would understand better...
From this your post, you really sound unenlightened, uneducated and unexposed, maybe it's only the Bible and what you were thought in school that you know.
Re: Are We Really Divided Tribally? by atoleybaba(m): 10:10am On Aug 19, 2018
eezeribe:
NYSC in an Ivory Tower....
you are just one of the few that is giving this country problem. Your life is filled with hate. Imagine just on a simple post, you decided to insult me

(1) (Reply)

Real Fact About No Batch C But Batch A Rumor Going Viral / A Must Read For All Corps Members. / NYSC Next Batch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.