Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,155 members, 7,815,024 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:21 AM

The Secret Behind My Grandfather Living Above 100 Years. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Secret Behind My Grandfather Living Above 100 Years. (428 Views)

Signs You're Living Above Your Means / My Grandfather Is Celebrating His Centenary Today / Man Found Money His Grandfather Hid In The Ceiling 30 Years Ago (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Secret Behind My Grandfather Living Above 100 Years. by wrightangle83(m): 11:06am On Aug 17, 2018
I was a teenager in 1993 when i had this interaction with my grandfather, who is now late.
He is a good story teller, who can confide you to your seat with good stories and history. We were too fund of him, hence we call him (opu dede) meaning, the oldest elder among his siblings.

He was very strong and healthy at time, that he even visits us alone in port Harcourt once every three months from Bonny.

He likes soft drinks/mineral a lot (coke, fanta or sprite) He refers to them as Miriam. If you want him to tell you stories or history, just go with a bottle of fanta to his room. He will impact you with undiluted knowledge.

There was this particular day we traveled to visit him in our village. While interacting with him, i asked him this question. ( THE SECRET BEHIND HIS OLD AGE) he looked at me and smiled, he then asked me to follow him inside his room. When we got inside, he told me that everyday he spends on earth, his just grace. Because he has reached the bus stop, waiting for the bus to arrive. But that the secret behind his old age, is to having a spirit of letting go, even when you are 100 percent sure of yourself.

He told me that, if i want to live long on earth to his age or even beyond as a man. I should learn from these words. That for every cemetery you see, out of every 100 graves of men there, only 5 or a little above 5, died of natural causes. That 95 or more died because of the following.

(1) money
(2) women
(3) land
(4) power

That those are the fundamentals of life, which one cannot live without, but if it goes your way, don't let it get to your head. And if it doesn't go your way, always have the spirit of "let go" even when you are too sure.

The big question is, are these still applicable in our modern day world today? We now have terrorism, religious killings, ethnic and tribal killings, sicknesses here and there, natural disasters as a result of climate change,

Please i need answers!!!!
From ( Isaac) aka Wrightangle
Re: The Secret Behind My Grandfather Living Above 100 Years. by Benbisco(f): 7:36pm On Aug 17, 2018
wrightangle83:
I was a teenager in 1993 when i had this interaction with my grandfather, who is now late.
He is a good story teller, who can confide you to your seat with good stories and history. We were too fund of him, hence we call him (opu dede) meaning, the oldest elder among his siblings.

He was very strong and healthy at time, that he even visits us alone in port Harcourt once every three months from Bonny.

He likes soft drinks/mineral a lot (coke, fanta or sprite) He refers to them as Miriam. If you want him to tell you stories or history, just go with a bottle of fanta to his room. He will impact you with undiluted knowledge.

There was this particular day we traveled to visit him in our village. While interacting with him, i asked him this question. ( THE SECRET BEHIND HIS OLD AGE) he looked at me and smiled, he then asked me to follow him inside his room. When we got inside, he told me that everyday he spends on earth, his just grace. Because he has reached the bus stop, waiting for the bus to arrive. But that the secret behind his old age, is to having a spirit of letting go, even when you are 100 percent sure of yourself.

He told me that, if i want to live long on earth to his age or even beyond as a man. I should learn from these words. That for every cemetery you see, out of every 100 graves of men there, only 5 or a little above 5, died of natural causes. That 95 or more died because of the following.

(1) money
(2) women
(3) land
(4) power

That those are the fundamentals of life, which one cannot live without, but if it goes your way, don't let it get to your head. And if it doesn't go your way, always have the spirit of "let go" even when you are too sure.

The big question is, are these still applicable in our modern day world today? We now have terrorism, religious killings, ethnic and tribal killings, sicknesses here and there, natural disasters as a result of climate change,

Please i need answers!!!!
From ( Isaac) aka Wrightangle

You already answered the question.

We now have terrorism, religious killings, ethnic and tribal killings, sicknesses here and there, natural disasters as a result of climate change,

(1) (Reply)

5 Types Of Friends You Need To Avoid / #nnu_income - Check Out Top Five Tasty Nigerian Soups For Tourists - Check Image / Marital Crisis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.