Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,712 members, 7,816,926 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:21 PM

The 7 Most Annoying Video Game Characters Of All Time - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / The 7 Most Annoying Video Game Characters Of All Time (13509 Views)

Most Beautiful Female Game Characters / List Of Most Iconic Video Game Characters. / 7 Best Video Game Movies Of All Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The 7 Most Annoying Video Game Characters Of All Time by Nobody: 11:26am On Aug 17, 2018
Vasaratti16

Have you ever played a video game and you encounter a character so annoying, that you’ve been tempted to quit the game entirely?

Over the years there have been some truly awful video game characters, whether that is due to poor technical design, writing or just bad in terms of the way they affect your enjoyment of the game. Sometimes you encounter a character so bad that it takes you out of the game completely, and for all the good memories you have of that specific game, you will also remember THAT character for ruining your gaming experience.

It’s not just individual NPC characters within a game that can be a source of great annoyance. Sometimes you are forced to play with a ‘companion’, who will more than likely try their best to stop you from playing a game in your usual way.

The worst kind are the ones you have to keep alive, these, of course, are usually the ones who always decide to run head first into danger, causing a great amount of stress and frustration in the process.

I have chosen ten of, what I believe to be, the most annoying video game characters of all time. The only rule I applied was I had to have encountered them for myself, so if you think I’ve missed some bigger ones, it could be because I have not played that specific game. Please be sure to leave your picks in the comments section at the end.
So, let’s do this…
https://xgeeks.co.uk/2017/03/08/the-10-most-annoying-video-game-characters-of-all-time/

1 Like

Re: The 7 Most Annoying Video Game Characters Of All Time by Nobody: 11:31am On Aug 17, 2018
#7: Eric Sparrow - Tony Hawks Underground

[img]https://xgeekssite.files./2017/03/3.png[/img]

Before Aidan Gillen brought Petyr Baelish to life on Game of Thrones , the world’s biggest two-timing backstabber was Eric Sparrow.

Acting as your best friend, Eric would constantly betray you time and time again. When he wasn’t ramming the knife deep into your back, he would constantly get into trouble which left you to deal with the all the ramifications. He stole your tape. Never forget.
Re: The 7 Most Annoying Video Game Characters Of All Time by Nobody: 12:51pm On Aug 17, 2018
#6: Ashley Graham - Resident Evil 4

Speaking of making things hard for people, we present you with Ashley Graham from Resident Evil 4. She was the President's daughter and had to be rescued by Leon from the Los Iluminados cult, and she earned our ire not because we had to keep her safe from all of the baddies, but because she was pretty useless and often got in our way—or worse, she often got killed.

While games like BioShock Infinite and The Last of Us offered amazing and helpful sidekicks like Elizabeth and Ellie, Resident Evil 4's Ashley was most useful hiding in a dumpster while letting us do our thing.

While we don't outright hate her, we just have too many memories of her impeding our progress. If only she knew jiu-jitsu or something, we would have liked her more.

12 Likes

Re: The 7 Most Annoying Video Game Characters Of All Time by Nobody: 12:57pm On Aug 17, 2018
#5: Larry – The Walking Dead: Season One

[img]https://xgeekssite.files./2017/03/5.png?w=723[/img]

When playing any of The Walking Dead games I try to really immerse myself in the game and with its characters. I try to play it as realistically as possible, I make the choices that I feel I would make if I was in that situation. I try to empathise and understand even the most testing or nauseating of characters.

Then Larry came along. What a d*#@!!
With such a vial and annoying character, I found myself taking great pride in every misfortune that fell his way. And when that salt block crushed his skull into mush, the smile on my face put The Jokers to shame.

4 Likes

Re: The 7 Most Annoying Video Game Characters Of All Time by Nobody: 1:05pm On Aug 17, 2018
#4: Tingle -The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask

This middle-aged midget is obsessed with fairies. He also likes to wear green skin-tight clothes while he dances around the forest and rides red balloons. He may seem like an innocently strange character at first, but he soon gets under your skin as he ends every conversation with the magic words: “Kooloo-Limpah.” And there’s no avoiding him, as he sells you your Maps! Tingle somehow even managed to garner his own spin-off games.
Re: The 7 Most Annoying Video Game Characters Of All Time by Nobody: 1:08pm On Aug 17, 2018
#3: Natalya Simonova - Goldeneye 007

[img]https://xgeekssite.files./2017/03/9.png[/img]

Man alive.

Take Ashley Graham and crank her up to one hundred.

Keeping Natalya alive became a massive chore, and my 10-year-old self would rage quit many a time as she would die repeatedly, either by enemy fire, or running in to my line of sight and she would meet her end by my bullet.

2 Likes

Re: The 7 Most Annoying Video Game Characters Of All Time by Nobody: 1:16pm On Aug 17, 2018
#2: Vanille - Final Fantasy XVIII

Don’t let her good looks fool you. This chick is mental angry .

Beyond naïve, this hottie is perhaps gaming’s biggest bimbo. Even worse, she’s not even a minor character, she actually joins your party! Not to mention, she is equipped with one of the most irritating voices ever recorded. What kind of person ends every sentence with giggles and awkward pauses?

2 Likes

Re: The 7 Most Annoying Video Game Characters Of All Time by Nobody: 1:23pm On Aug 17, 2018
1: Navi The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

[img]https://xgeekssite.files./2017/03/10.png[/img]

Hey! Hey! Listen! Hey! Hey! angry

NO! You listen you whiny shining ball of utter s*@#! angry angry

*Deep breath*

Yes, my top pick for the most annoying video game characters of all time is Navi, the ‘helpful’ fairy from the excellent Zelda game Ocarina of Time .

While she is intended to be a constant source of knowledge, to allow you to progress in the game, her constant irritating presence had the opposite effect.
I have yet to meet anyone who actually enjoyed the character, and should that day ever arrive, I would truly question their sanity!

lalasticlala

3 Likes

Re: The 7 Most Annoying Video Game Characters Of All Time by Tamarapetty(f): 1:44pm On Aug 17, 2018
Lol, i think i've found myself a game freak!! Vasaratti16

3 Likes

Re: The 7 Most Annoying Video Game Characters Of All Time by NLIS11: 2:36pm On Aug 17, 2018
lol

1 Like

Re: The 7 Most Annoying Video Game Characters Of All Time by HajimeSaito(m): 2:37pm On Aug 17, 2018
Must admit, I've never heard of most of these. Not really a hardcore gamer, but give me a good game and I can sit for hours trying to figure it out if i find it intriguing. Never really been a fan of multi player games because I like moving at my own pace.
Re: The 7 Most Annoying Video Game Characters Of All Time by Dacronym(m): 2:38pm On Aug 17, 2018
What is this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The 7 Most Annoying Video Game Characters Of All Time by PotatoSalad(m): 2:41pm On Aug 17, 2018
Where is Trevor Phillips?

Or Lamar with all his yapping angry

7 Likes

Re: The 7 Most Annoying Video Game Characters Of All Time by lilfreezy: 2:41pm On Aug 17, 2018
Riper ROO
Re: The 7 Most Annoying Video Game Characters Of All Time by hustla(m): 2:41pm On Aug 17, 2018
Vasaratti16:
#3: Natalya Simonova - Goldeneye 007

[img]https://xgeekssite.files./2017/03/9.png[/img]

Man alive.

Take Ashley Graham and crank her up to one hundred.

Keeping Natalya alive became a massive chore, and my 10-year-old self would rage quit many a time as she would die repeatedly, either by enemy fire, or running in to my line of sight and she would meet her end by my bullet.

God know say if I see this Natalya for real life, she go chop slap for my hand

She waste my money many times for game house, Golden Eye 007 on Nintendo 64, especially for Cradle (and Frigate; can't remember clearly)

Yeye girl

Chei I miss the 90s embarassed

7 Likes

Re: The 7 Most Annoying Video Game Characters Of All Time by tosyne2much(m): 2:42pm On Aug 17, 2018
I don't know what to say
Re: The 7 Most Annoying Video Game Characters Of All Time by chuks34(m): 2:43pm On Aug 17, 2018
That Ashley of a girl too mumu for resident evil.
always drawing someone backward.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 7 Most Annoying Video Game Characters Of All Time by Nobody: 2:43pm On Aug 17, 2018
PotatoSalad:
Where is Trevor Phillips?

Or Lamar with all his yapping angry

Trevor is very annoying! I never played up to 5 missions with him I usually switched between lamar and Franklin when Trevor doesn't have a main mission that's part of the game other than the 3 heist. He is just soo annoying!

Lamar and his friend (forgotten his name) and Micheal were my favourite characters all through.

And op add shadow observer from shadow Fight 3.

Dude kills you with 2 hits. So freaking annoying angry

Re: The 7 Most Annoying Video Game Characters Of All Time by PotatoSalad(m): 2:44pm On Aug 17, 2018
Vasaratti16:

Speaking of making things hard for people, we present you with Ashley Graham from Resident Evil 4. She was the President's daughter and had to be rescued by Leon from the Los Iluminados cult, and she earned our ire not because we had to keep her safe from all of the baddies, but because she was pretty useless and often got in our way—or worse, she often got killed.

While games like BioShock Infinite and The Last of Us offered amazing and helpful sidekicks like Elizabeth and Ellie, Resident Evil 4's Ashley was most useful hiding in a dumpster while letting us do our thing.

While we don't outright hate her, we just have too many memories of her impeding our progress. If only she knew jiu-jitsu or something, we would have liked her more.

Always Screaming "Leon!!! Help!!!"

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 7 Most Annoying Video Game Characters Of All Time by thobby4(m): 2:44pm On Aug 17, 2018
nice one that is why i prefer soccer most of the time

1 Like

Re: The 7 Most Annoying Video Game Characters Of All Time by Nobody: 2:46pm On Aug 17, 2018
Ashley Graham should be number 1 on the list, Resident Evil 4 is just too dope

1 Like

Re: The 7 Most Annoying Video Game Characters Of All Time by DonMoga(m): 2:46pm On Aug 17, 2018
If you know you've not play any of these games mentioned but still pretending to feel belong, pls gather here and chop "likes and share".

auto grand theft san andrea like us

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The 7 Most Annoying Video Game Characters Of All Time by VideoExpert(m): 2:47pm On Aug 17, 2018
okay
Re: The 7 Most Annoying Video Game Characters Of All Time by flex04(m): 2:49pm On Aug 17, 2018
Re: The 7 Most Annoying Video Game Characters Of All Time by vedaxcool(m): 3:00pm On Aug 17, 2018
Vasaratti16:

I am playing the game for over a week, na so so baby sitting person go dey do
Re: The 7 Most Annoying Video Game Characters Of All Time by PotatoSalad(m): 3:00pm On Aug 17, 2018
Ire2:

Trevor is very annoying! I never played up to 5 missions with him I usually switched between lamar and Franklin when Trevor doesn't have a main mission that's part of the game other than the 3 heist. He is just soo annoying!

Lamar and his friend (forgotten his name) and Micheal were my favourite characters all through.

And op add shadow observer from shadow Fight 3.

Dude kills you with 2 hits. So freaking annoying angry
You mean Michael and Franklin.
Lamar is like OG Loc in gta san andreas. Proud mofo that can't do shii.
Franklin is calm and cordinated. Michael ain't bad though. Lol

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ps5 Is Out.... Finally / PES 2012 Patch 2.4.1 - DOWNLOAD NOW + Crack Multiplayer / What Is The Most Difficult Game You Played?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.