Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,932 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

Save Battery, Storage And Data With These Lite Versions Of Your Favorite Apps. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Save Battery, Storage And Data With These Lite Versions Of Your Favorite Apps. (19192 Views)

How To Save Battery On Your Iphone / How Do I Know If I Am Sharing My Data With Someone Unknowingly? / Whatsapp To End Support For Some Versions Of Android And Ios Devices (2) (3) (4)

Save Battery, Storage And Data With These Lite Versions Of Your Favorite Apps. by TechCapon(m): 9:18pm On Aug 17, 2018
TechCapon

No need to continue downloading all these bloated, poorly-coded, data-hungry, battery-hungry and bandwidth-hungry apps on your smartphones. Your favorite apps all have Lite versions that are designed to save your battery life, storage space and data consumption and the best part of it is that they load up faster even in areas with poor data connection. All the core, important features such as push notifications etc are all there and don’t think these lite apps are only for low end devices, they are for everyone including high end flagship phones. Most of these apps are available in Nigeria, few of them are not. In this post I will be writing about the benefits of using lite app instead of the main versions.

Benefits

Stops your device from being laggy and freezing all the time

Saves you a lot of storage space on your smartphone

Stops your device battery from draining faster than normal

Saves you money by limiting data usage.

1. Facebook Lite (1.6MB) Available on PlayStore and APK Mirror.

Jesus this is unbelievable ! The main Facebook app weighs almost 60MB but the stripped down version weighs only 1.6MB. This will save you almost over 56MB of storage space and there’s no doubt it will save data and battery. It’s simple and clean

2. Twitter Lite (3MB) Available on PlayStore and APK Mirror.

This stripped down version of the main Twitter app is available in 46 countries including Nigeria, South Africa, Zimbabwe Ghana, Guatemala, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Lebanon, Morocco etc. It also has push notifications and night mode, it works well even on 2G network.

3. Messenger Lite Available on PlayStore and APK Mirror.

Very nice and quiet app. I love it more than the main messenger app because it keep things nice and simple. Its also designed for 2G networks and areas with slow or unstable internet connections.

4. UC Browser Mini. Available on PlayStore and APK Mirror.

This popular Chinese browser UC Browser also have a lite version that weighs around 3MB. It’s super fast and designed to save battery, data and work well on low network connection. UC Browser Mini is the lite version of most famous browser app in Android.

5. Skype Lite (13mb). Available on PlayStore and APK Mirror.

With a notorious reputation for consuming data and battery, Skype lite has come to the rescue. It supports both voice nad video calls and works well even on 2G network, fantastic. It weighs only 13MB

6. Shazam Lite Available on PlayStore and APK Mirror.

Quit guessing and typing the lyrics of what’s playing around you. Shazam already has a straightforward app which lets you record first offline and search when you go online. The Shazam lite is the lightweight version of the main app. It saves battery and data.

7. Instagram Lite Available on PlayStore and APK Mirror.

Instagram quietly launched the Lite version of it’s app few weeks in selected countries (Nigeria not among) and it’s just 573 kilobytes which is a far cry from the main app which is 32 MB. It lets you filter and post photos to the feed or Stories, watch Stories and browse the Explore page, but currently lacks the options to share videos or direct message friends.

8. YouTube Go

YouTube Go is a new app for offline viewing and sharing. … “YouTube Go was designed and built from the ground up with insights from India, in order to bring the power of video to mobile users in a way that is more conscious of their data and connectivity, while still being locally relevant and social.”

Note: For those few apps that are not available in the Nigerian PlayStore, you can use VPN to change your location to a ssupported country and install it.

SOURCE:http://techcapon.com/save-battery-storage-and-data-these-lite-versions-of-your-favorite-apps/

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Save Battery, Storage And Data With These Lite Versions Of Your Favorite Apps. by Alejoc(m): 9:33pm On Aug 17, 2018
Dont bother saving battery.. I have the right powerbank you need for laptop, TV, Phones..... Pls see signature

Re: Save Battery, Storage And Data With These Lite Versions Of Your Favorite Apps. by Acjohn(m): 9:35pm On Aug 17, 2018
Me I need Buhari lite because his dealings with the economy is preventing boys from getting data.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Save Battery, Storage And Data With These Lite Versions Of Your Favorite Apps. by OCTAVO: 9:41pm On Aug 17, 2018
Re: Save Battery, Storage And Data With These Lite Versions Of Your Favorite Apps. by eezeribe(m): 9:50pm On Aug 17, 2018
OK
Re: Save Battery, Storage And Data With These Lite Versions Of Your Favorite Apps. by Drsheddy(m): 5:52am On Aug 18, 2018
K
Re: Save Battery, Storage And Data With These Lite Versions Of Your Favorite Apps. by umarshehu58(m): 5:53am On Aug 18, 2018
Good

Checkout my signature sha!
Re: Save Battery, Storage And Data With These Lite Versions Of Your Favorite Apps. by haryorbarmie83(m): 5:54am On Aug 18, 2018
Cool.
Re: Save Battery, Storage And Data With These Lite Versions Of Your Favorite Apps. by ELawal(m): 5:54am On Aug 18, 2018
Awesome, nice info ���

Re: Save Battery, Storage And Data With These Lite Versions Of Your Favorite Apps. by pol23: 5:55am On Aug 18, 2018
Even though I know typically nothing about coding...I still feel the app won't work well like the Original .
Can you tell us the cons?

Re: Save Battery, Storage And Data With These Lite Versions Of Your Favorite Apps. by Nobody: 5:56am On Aug 18, 2018
Well…
None of this for iOS angry
Re: Save Battery, Storage And Data With These Lite Versions Of Your Favorite Apps. by DONFRANSKID(m): 5:56am On Aug 18, 2018
some features are not available on the lite version I prefer the full version

Re: Save Battery, Storage And Data With These Lite Versions Of Your Favorite Apps. by eluquenson(m): 5:57am On Aug 18, 2018
That's nice, but will the lite versions has quality and rich content?
Re: Save Battery, Storage And Data With These Lite Versions Of Your Favorite Apps. by dbynonetwork: 5:59am On Aug 18, 2018
I am waiting for whatsapp lite...

Re: Save Battery, Storage And Data With These Lite Versions Of Your Favorite Apps. by Thejustw14(m): 6:01am On Aug 18, 2018
Everything lite.:!!:.
Re: Save Battery, Storage And Data With These Lite Versions Of Your Favorite Apps. by chubbyG(m): 6:03am On Aug 18, 2018
All nice
But the lite versions can't do everything the full version can do..
Re: Save Battery, Storage And Data With These Lite Versions Of Your Favorite Apps. by isholak21(m): 6:06am On Aug 18, 2018
There is a reason they call it lite version.... so don't expect it to work at full capacity
Re: Save Battery, Storage And Data With These Lite Versions Of Your Favorite Apps. by dPriv: 6:07am On Aug 18, 2018
Educative.
Re: Save Battery, Storage And Data With These Lite Versions Of Your Favorite Apps. by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:08am On Aug 18, 2018
Alejoc:
Dont bother saving battery.. I have the right powerbank you need for laptop, TV, Phones..... Pls see signature
You dey dash am angry

Re: Save Battery, Storage And Data With These Lite Versions Of Your Favorite Apps. by Donald3d(m): 6:09am On Aug 18, 2018
Re: Save Battery, Storage And Data With These Lite Versions Of Your Favorite Apps. by JasonScoolari: 6:15am On Aug 18, 2018
How about NEPA Lite? I have been having issues with that App for 2 months now.

18 Likes

Re: Save Battery, Storage And Data With These Lite Versions Of Your Favorite Apps. by Dumdumfashion(f): 6:16am On Aug 18, 2018
Very informative! Thanks OP

Re: Save Battery, Storage And Data With These Lite Versions Of Your Favorite Apps. by yjgm(m): 6:18am On Aug 18, 2018
Nice one op

Re: Save Battery, Storage And Data With These Lite Versions Of Your Favorite Apps. by cooljoe(m): 6:21am On Aug 18, 2018
TechCapon:
TechCapon

No need to continue downloading all these bloated, poorly-coded, data-hungry, battery-hungry and bandwidth-hungry apps on your smartphones. Your favorite apps all have Lite versions that are designed to save your battery life, storage space and data consumption and the best part of it is that they load up faster even in areas with poor data connection. All the core, important features such as push notifications etc are all there and don’t think these lite apps are only for low end devices, they are for everyone including high end flagship phones. Most of these apps are available in Nigeria, few of them are not. In this post I will be writing about the benefits of using lite app instead of the main versions.

Benefits

Stops your device from being laggy and freezing all the time

Saves you a lot of storage space on your smartphone

Stops your device battery from draining faster than normal

Saves you money by limiting data usage.

1. Facebook Lite (1.6MB) Available on PlayStore and APK Mirror.

Jesus this is unbelievable ! The main Facebook app weighs almost 60MB but the stripped down version weighs only 1.6MB. This will save you almost over 56MB of storage space and there’s no doubt it will save data and battery. It’s simple and clean

2. Twitter Lite (3MB) Available on PlayStore and APK Mirror.

This stripped down version of the main Twitter app is available in 46 countries including Nigeria, South Africa, Zimbabwe Ghana, Guatemala, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Lebanon, Morocco etc. It also has push notifications and night mode, it works well even on 2G network.

3. Messenger Lite Available on PlayStore and APK Mirror.

Very nice and quiet app. I love it more than the main messenger app because it keep things nice and simple. Its also designed for 2G networks and areas with slow or unstable internet connections.

4. UC Browser Mini. Available on PlayStore and APK Mirror.

This popular Chinese browser UC Browser also have a lite version that weighs around 3MB. It’s super fast and designed to save battery, data and work well on low network connection. UC Browser Mini is the lite version of most famous browser app in Android.

5. Skype Lite (13mb). Available on PlayStore and APK Mirror.

With a notorious reputation for consuming data and battery, Skype lite has come to the rescue. It supports both voice nad video calls and works well even on 2G network, fantastic. It weighs only 13MB

6. Shazam Lite Available on PlayStore and APK Mirror.

Quit guessing and typing the lyrics of what’s playing around you. Shazam already has a straightforward app which lets you record first offline and search when you go online. The Shazam lite is the lightweight version of the main app. It saves battery and data.

7. Instagram Lite Available on PlayStore and APK Mirror.

Instagram quietly launched the Lite version of it’s app few weeks in selected countries (Nigeria not among) and it’s just 573 kilobytes which is a far cry from the main app which is 32 MB. It lets you filter and post photos to the feed or Stories, watch Stories and browse the Explore page, but currently lacks the options to share videos or direct message friends.

8. YouTube Go

YouTube Go is a new app for offline viewing and sharing. … “YouTube Go was designed and built from the ground up with insights from India, in order to bring the power of video to mobile users in a way that is more conscious of their data and connectivity, while still being locally relevant and social.”

Note: For those few apps that are not available in the Nigerian PlayStore, you can use VPN to change your location to a ssupported country and install it.

SOURCE:http://techcapon.com/save-battery-storage-and-data-these-lite-versions-of-your-favorite-apps/
good morning. please, my PlayStore is not opening, what do I do?
Re: Save Battery, Storage And Data With These Lite Versions Of Your Favorite Apps. by michealewela: 6:24am On Aug 18, 2018
Let me know when whatsapp lite is available...
Re: Save Battery, Storage And Data With These Lite Versions Of Your Favorite Apps. by qanda: 6:28am On Aug 18, 2018
Op, can you take out 'poorly coded' from your opening sentence? The main apps are not poorly coded. The lite versions are typically built for developing countries with data challenges et al and as stated already.. the lite versions are limited. For example, there is a limit to the length of words a lite version user can post to a Facebook comment... Your write up is missing this information and abit misleading.

Re: Save Battery, Storage And Data With These Lite Versions Of Your Favorite Apps. by calddon(m): 6:28am On Aug 18, 2018
Lite apps are targeted at low end phones with limited n slow internet connectivity.

However the full apps have better GUI

Re: Save Battery, Storage And Data With These Lite Versions Of Your Favorite Apps. by finnestdope(m): 6:34am On Aug 18, 2018
I though I'm the only one that likes lite apps
Re: Save Battery, Storage And Data With These Lite Versions Of Your Favorite Apps. by elonize(m): 6:36am On Aug 18, 2018
It doesnt save data o,our ntwrk provides dey vex
Re: Save Battery, Storage And Data With These Lite Versions Of Your Favorite Apps. by Nobody: 6:38am On Aug 18, 2018
the lites render poor services. nothing like the original.
watin app want do for my phone if I no fit enjoy am

Re: Save Battery, Storage And Data With These Lite Versions Of Your Favorite Apps. by nazablossom(f): 6:48am On Aug 18, 2018
I tried facebook Lite once, didn't like it. I'm not going to try again.

Collection Infinix Clone [copy / China] Firmware / Which Network Has The Best 4G Service In Lagos Currently? / Best Ways To Download Paid Android Apps For Free: