Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,968 members, 7,817,841 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:00 PM

Is This The Right Way To Do This During A Building Construction... - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Is This The Right Way To Do This During A Building Construction... (781 Views)

See A Building On Fire In Ikeja Lagos / FASTEST ONE STOREY BUILDING CONSTRUCTION EVER BUILT IN 3 WEEKS & 5 DAYS / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This The Right Way To Do This During A Building Construction... by BestDataDeals(m): 1:07pm On Aug 18, 2018
I'll be uploading some pictures of what my engineer did in my site. He has been doing it in other construction sites he has managed. Mostly in riverside or waterlogged land. But here in ogun state...it's not really water logged and has a strong soil.

But he just insist that since it won't cost much to use polymer, amongst other measures, let us just use it to separate the dpc from the main building....

But many people have called me to say it's wrong. Some even say my house is standing on just nylon. Lol.

The engineer explained to me why it is done that way. And why it doesn't in and way endanger the solidity of the house...

So for experienced builders, I need well thought out response.

Thanks.

Re: Is This The Right Way To Do This During A Building Construction... by fabulous85: 2:16pm On Aug 18, 2018
your Engineer is doing the right thing. forget those people.
Re: Is This The Right Way To Do This During A Building Construction... by fabulous85: 2:20pm On Aug 18, 2018
your concern should be with the way the blocks are laid because from the third picture your house was not properly plumbed ( not Straight).
Re: Is This The Right Way To Do This During A Building Construction... by BestDataDeals(m): 2:50pm On Aug 18, 2018
fabulous85:
your concern should be with the way the blocks are laid because from the third picture your house was not properly plumbed ( not Straight).

It's definitely the way the camera took the pictures....it's very straight. Like I said, he's an experienced engineer.
Re: Is This The Right Way To Do This During A Building Construction... by clarocuzioo(m): 3:16pm On Aug 18, 2018
This is wrong, this looks more like a bricklayer's work, than an Engineer's work.
If he had wanted to use that membrane, it should be under a DPC slab which should be about 6 inches, but am not seeing the DPC Slab.
Please check those blocks, they are not properly plumed, use a long range to confirm please.
Also i did not see enough columns (pillars) in the structure especially at the edges.

1 Like

Re: Is This The Right Way To Do This During A Building Construction... by Asquare84(m): 4:11pm On Aug 18, 2018
He is doing the right thing in order to avoided peeling of the wall in future. The following pix is the current state of my house the inside is even worse. Allow him to do his job it a common practice among engineer in abuja

2 Likes

Re: Is This The Right Way To Do This During A Building Construction... by simplywhy(m): 5:07am On Aug 24, 2018
More comments on this please.
Re: Is This The Right Way To Do This During A Building Construction... by BestDataDeals(m): 2:51pm On Aug 25, 2018
More comments....

(1) (Reply)

The Claridge Phase 1, Sangotedo / Laser Distance Meter Rangefinder At Giveaway Price / Distress Sale - Shop @ Tejuosho Ultra Modern Shopping Centre 5.5M

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.