Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,285 members, 7,811,838 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:58 PM

The Diagnosis (episode 1) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Diagnosis (episode 1) (557 Views)

Romantic Story : My Dirty Friend (18+) Episode 1 / Romantic Story :- Diary Of A Lekki Houseboy (18+) Episode 1 / Romantic Story : - My Boss (18+) Episode 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Diagnosis (episode 1) by yunusaaishatope: 6:57pm On Aug 18, 2018
The diagnosis (episode 1)
I was sleeping in one corner when this patient was brought in to the labour ward around 4am. I waited to observe deliveries and the babies refused to be delivered, so I sat up in one corner and slept thinking I would go to my residence in the morning. She was very weak, you know Nigerian nurses now, when they were told there was a new patient who was weak, one of them said, 'so! let her come in now, God will not allow her to see what will not make her walk' but when this young woman was wheeled in all of them were on their toes, she was that serious. The running up and down then began, giving oxygen etc, it was truly an emergency. The house officers started reviewing her,and setting up intravenous access at the same time. She was gravida 4 parity 2 plus 1 none alive, 2 previous scar, one rupture, one manual vacuum aspiration done and currently carrying twins( she is carrying the fourth pregnancy, she has given birth 2 times through CS, her womb had torn before, she has had a miscarriage before and she has no child alive). She was in distress, pulse was unrecordable, it was just too fast, she was paper white, she was sweating, her extremities were cold, fetal sound unrecordable, fluild in abdomen, abdominal tenderness, the blood pressure was unrecordable, the veins could not even be gotten because they had collapsed, a senior and a junior registrar joined these 2 house officers in searching for the veins but after a while one access was gotten, they haven't even finished collecting the sample, when I heard the senior registrar say 'give this woman a heart massage, call the anaesthetists on call' Nigerian factor, the anaesthetists were attending to another patient in the theatre she started forming and suctioning was commenced, the anaesthetists came and said 'this woman is gone' . I was filling the form for blood on a side when I heard time of death....... The other patients in labour ward forgot their labour pains, one that just delivered even started crying. All within 15minutes. Before she died she kept saying her elective cesarean section was supposed to be in 3 days time. The attending doctors and nurses were furious, it's a maternal mortality and it's been a while they had that. I could remember the most senior doctor say 'why was this woman not admitted till now, whose firm patient is this, this is incompetence '.
However when the patient was reviewed in the morning, the firm that managed her made the doctors that attended to her know that they had wanted to admit the woman 2 weeks ago but the huaband declined her admission. They counselled her not to get pregnant again and offered her contraceptive methods after her last miscarriage but she declined, they told them to come immediately if there is any problem or go to a nearby general hospital which they gave her the address. This is Nigeria and she was only 28, she couldn't accept not having a baby.
But hey, what was her diagnosis?
Re: The Diagnosis (episode 1) by stblessing(f): 2:06pm On Aug 19, 2018
Nice one,please read and comment on my own story"The Blind Lover"and tell me how you find it
Re: The Diagnosis (episode 1) by yunusaaishatope: 3:00pm On Aug 22, 2018
Thank you stblessing. Will read your story later and comment

(1) (Reply)

I Need 2 Writers / I Am Lusting After These / Grammatical Mistakes That Will Make You Look Like A World Class Idiot.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.