Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,270 members, 7,836,217 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

Igbos vs Yorubas: Which Tribe Owns The Music Industry,Which Is The Most Influen - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Igbos vs Yorubas: Which Tribe Owns The Music Industry,Which Is The Most Influen (1449 Views)

Meet 23yrs Old Who Owns The Biggest Hotel In IMO State / Meet The Man Who Owns The Best Restaurant In The World / Mompha: "Muhammed Awal Mustapha, My Son, Wears Gucci & Owns A House" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbos vs Yorubas: Which Tribe Owns The Music Industry,Which Is The Most Influen by Macopol01(m): 3:37am On Aug 21, 2018
Hello guys,

We need to have a serious discussion. I was having an argument with a friend of mine and I thought our dear NL readers could contribute.

Over the years, Nigerian music has thrived all over Africa and now to the rest of the world, a beautiful thing every successful Nigerian music maker contributed to, let’s give ourselves some props.

But when it comes to music in Nigeria, two tribes come to mind: Yorubas and the Igbos. These two tribes are blessed in several ways when it comes to the entertainment industry they have shaped a lot.

So when it comes to the music which tribe has done most?

I personally thought most people would agree the Yoruba tribes are the best music makers in Nigeria, I believe they have done more to push the state of our music industry, but it looks like some people disagree with that.

Let us take it back to the beginning, look at the likes of Fela, Shina Peters, Majek Fashek, King Sunny Ade, and more, these people went international with our music and did well, they are all Yoruba music makers.

And not forgetting to mention when it comes to music in Nigeria? Most hit songs are sang in Yoruba language even by people who are not of the tribe, look at the likes of Terry G, Oritsefemi, Timaya, and etc, these guys are not Yorubas but they made hit songs singing in Yoruba

And personally for me, I think since I was born I have never remembered a time most reigning artists in the country are not Yorubas or sing in Yoruba.

Don’t get me wrong Igbos have been really great in our industry too, but to be sincere don’t you think Yorubas have done more and are doing more?

This is my opinion, and just so you know I am not Yoruba nor Igbo.

So Guys �

Igbos vs Yorubas: Which Tribe Owns The Music Industry, Which Is The Most Influential?

Please share your thoughts in the comments section.

Re: Igbos vs Yorubas: Which Tribe Owns The Music Industry,Which Is The Most Influen by pablobellins(m): 3:40am On Aug 21, 2018
Re: Igbos vs Yorubas: Which Tribe Owns The Music Industry,Which Is The Most Influen by Nukilia: 3:43am On Aug 21, 2018
Can we just stop all these rubbish and salvage ourselves from the shipwreck of political and tribal bigotry! cry

1 Like

Re: Igbos vs Yorubas: Which Tribe Owns The Music Industry,Which Is The Most Influen by fk001(m): 3:44am On Aug 21, 2018
Is it not obvious to you.

Sorry Op but you are a dullard.

1 Like

Re: Igbos vs Yorubas: Which Tribe Owns The Music Industry,Which Is The Most Influen by pointblank247(m): 3:56am On Aug 21, 2018
buhari may be right about nigerian youths
Re: Igbos vs Yorubas: Which Tribe Owns The Music Industry,Which Is The Most Influen by Nobody: 2:11pm On Aug 21, 2018
The Yoruba's rule music while the Igbo's rule movies.

(1) (Reply)

HAHA!!! Davido In Studio On NYSC Uniform(Photo And Vid) / Drake Brought Out Wizkid's To Perform @ O2 Kemiolunloyo Mocks Davido / Toke Makinwa Covers Genevieve Magazine In All Natural Look

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.