Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,222 members, 7,811,620 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:50 PM

Everything (5) Wrong With Eid-el-adha - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Everything (5) Wrong With Eid-el-adha (1081 Views)

Saudi Arabia Declares Wednesday Eid-el-fitr, Says Fasting Continues / New Moon Sighted, Sultan Of Sokoto Announces Date For 2021 Eid-el-kabir / Happy Eid-el-Adha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Everything (5) Wrong With Eid-el-adha by usermane(m): 4:20am On Aug 21, 2018
I critique Eid-el-Adha in this article. I've been wanting to do for several years, but until I put my pen to paper only recently, even I did not realize how fundamentally flawed the subject is.

This is of course a critique of a Muslim doctrine and however polite I put my words, people are bound to be hurt, and few will be too hurt to even proceed beyond the title.
But I’m afraid, the truth has to be said, and if it mean stepping on a few toes, then so be it.
Re: Everything (5) Wrong With Eid-el-adha by usermane(m): 4:21am On Aug 21, 2018
1/5. The Arafat Day:
Proceeding the Eid day, Muslims fast annually on the 9th of Dhul Hijjah. Of course, it is not in the Qur’an and of course the fast in the Qur’an only pertains to Ramadan, sin atonement or compensation for lapses in hajj rites. Therefore, this is an inherited practice that the Muslim ancestors attribute to Muhammad. But Muhammad lived by the Qur’an and had no authority to invent doctrine and promise rewards.

Yes. And if it stopped at that, it wouldn't be too bad. But Muslims then say that the reward for this fast is forgiveness of all their sins for the "current year as well as for the coming year".

Say what?! The Lord forgives sins that have not even been committed yet? How ridiculous!
Re: Everything (5) Wrong With Eid-el-adha by usermane(m): 4:21am On Aug 21, 2018
2/5. The Eid day:
In traditional Islam, Qur’an is an abstract book interpolated and extrapolated by traditions of Muslim ancestors. So Eid-el-Adha has come to be the biggest Muslim festival despite not even the slightest mention in the Qur’an.

The problem though is this; Hajj may be performed anytime within a period of months, it is not limited to 5 days in Dhul Hajj(Qur'an 2:197). Thus, animal sacrifice as Hajj rite cannot be limited to just the 1-3 specific (10-12 Dhul Hijjah) days that mark Eid-el-Adha.
Since animal sacrifice can be done anytime over a window of months for hajj. Basically, no single day can be assigned for Eid-el-Adha.
Re: Everything (5) Wrong With Eid-el-adha by usermane(m): 4:22am On Aug 21, 2018
3/5. Anti-Islamic and paganist significance of the animal sacrifice.
Still keen on Eid? OK.

Eid to Muslims signifies Abraham’s utmost faith in God, proved by his willingness to sacrifice his only son at the altar on direct instruction from God. This belief that a God of good and justice will test his servant by an instruction to commit evil, to kill his own innocent son is beyond blasphemy. It is reminiscent of pagan customs where human murder sacrifices to appease the gods are conducted periodically.

I theorize that such paganist belief have been imported into traditional Islam from Judaic traditions. Not only does Judaism promulgate such beliefs, but in fact there are reports that certain Jewish sect(s) literally undertook human murder ritual sacrifice as dictated by their traditions.

www.come-and-hear.com/editor/br_3.html - Human sacrifice, the Talmud and Moloch Problem.

The Qur’an never confirm such belief, in contrary, it explains that Abraham had wrongly resolved from a dream that God was instructing him to murder his son.(Qur'an 37:102-106).
Re: Everything (5) Wrong With Eid-el-adha by usermane(m): 4:23am On Aug 21, 2018
4/5. Animal slaughtered improperly:
When Muslims sacrifice animals, they lay it down, slit it throat and let it bleed to death - Dhabiha. A cumbersome and easily botched method, carelessly conducted in abattoirs busy with customers on Eid day.

Dhabiha is also not as humane or painless as often claimed. It may take tens of seconds for animal to bleed to death. If there is any religious method of animal slaughter closest to humane and painless, it is the Sikh’s method; Jhatka.

The bigger problem however is with those Muslims that insist dhabiha slaughtered animals are the only source of halal meat. And that any alternative method risking the animal death before live slitting of its throat is haram. The meat is haram, even if the animal death is less painful and more humane than dhabiha. It’s for this reason that some Muslim scholars reject even stunning before dhabiha.

I mean, really?? Only dhabiha meat is halal? Is meat of wild animals hunted and killed in the forest by spears, bow and arrow or gun haram?
My God. The irrationality of religious dogmas.
Re: Everything (5) Wrong With Eid-el-adha by usermane(m): 4:23am On Aug 21, 2018
5/5. Too much meat.
Remember I mentioned earlier that the Qur’an allows hajj anytime over a period of months, not five exclusive days of only one particular month as taught by Muslims. This way, not all annual pilgrims are crammed in the sites at once and thus preventing overcrowding and associated hazards that have claimed lots of lives.

This way, not all pilgrims sacrifice their animal on the same day. Next, keep in mind that animal sacrifice is mentioned only in regards to pilgrims, not for every capable Muslim in every nook of the earth. Also, pilgrims do not have to all offer animal sacrifice individually.

Accepting these Qur’anic facts would conserve a lot of resources and animal lives. But Muslims have for long abandoned the Qur’an, distorting and violating its teachings with the traditions of their fathers, which they ascribed to Muhammad. Now, look the grave consequence today.

Within the three days of Eid, about a few millions of animals are sacrificed by pilgrims during annual hajj. People, it’s reported there’s been so much meat in excess and so much had to be burnt or buried. Or shipped outside the Saudi kingdom.
https://www.thenational.ae/world/flash-freezing-takes-care-of-surplus-meat-from-haj-sacrifice-1.310668

But, I know, right? Who’s going to collect this much meat when tens to probably hundreds of millions of animals are already sacrificed on the same day by non-pilgrim Muslims worldwide?

As a Muslim alerted to animal slaughter on such a largely wasteful scale and conducted within a few days in the name of God, I find myself more appreciative of the vegan movement. And many Muslims share my stance. See links below.

https://m.huffingtonpost.ca/anila-muhammad/animal-muslim-eid_b_1971072.html - Should Muslims Reconsider Animal Slaughter on Eid?

http://thecompassionatemuslim..com/2012/09/test-post-title.html?m=1#comment-form

Peace.

1 Like

Re: Everything (5) Wrong With Eid-el-adha by NobodyKnows(m): 10:00am On Aug 21, 2018
Re: Everything (5) Wrong With Eid-el-adha by BeansAndBread(m): 11:52am On Aug 21, 2018
Left to me o, if I was a MOD this thread will be closed down!
Re: Everything (5) Wrong With Eid-el-adha by usermane(m): 1:00pm On Aug 21, 2018
^^^^

Sure thing. And ban the OP as well. How dare he question our religious tradition!
Re: Everything (5) Wrong With Eid-el-adha by usermane(m): 4:55am On Aug 23, 2018
Ignorance and Con artistry behind Arafat day fast

There is no issue with persons who opt to fast on any day if they feel it would increase them in piety. There is an issue with people who fast on a specific date and attribute this fast to God with illogical promises of forgiveness or rewards.

Let's look again at the hadith on Arafat day fast.

Sunan Ibn Majah » Fasting
It was narrated from Abu Qatadah that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said:
“Fasting on the Day of ‘Arafah, I hope from Allah, expiates for the sins of the year before and the year after.”

It simplifies sins and forgiveness to the same level as Health and Medical insurance. You fast today, all your sins for next year will be forgiven; You pay insurance fee today, all your bills for next year will be covered. The difference being that while the medical insurance benefit does reach you, the promised benefit of fasting on Arafat day completely eludes you.

If we read the Qur'anic verses on sins and forgiveness, we find a few verses implying that sins are only forgiven if the sinner desist for good.

6:54 And if those who believe in Our revelations come to you, then say: "Peace be upon you, our Lord has decreed mercy upon Himself, that any of you who commits sin out of ignorance and then repents afterwards and amends, then He is Forgiving, Merciful."

If you fast on Arafat day, you of course get rewarded as fasting on any other day. But even if you fasted to be forgiven of your sins all through this year, your sins won't be forgiven if you persist in them.

The same applies to forgiveness of future sins, Islam doesn't work that way. No such thing as 'Sin Insurance Offers'. If you sin, just repent to God and desist for good. You cannot wipe the slate clean by just abstaining from food and sex for a day or more.

Do not let anyone con you with special fast and robust reward of forgiveness awaiting you. There is no short cut to God's forgiveness than desisting from those particular sins you keep repeating. No amount of fasting, praying or charity will acquit you of your sins unless you discipline yourself.
Re: Everything (5) Wrong With Eid-el-adha by Rashduct4luv(m): 8:12am On Aug 24, 2018
Abeg leave this OP and let's chao our meat. See a long epistle to cancel 'Eid. All these are just as weak as anything!

Millions if not Billions of Muslims will keep on celebrating 'Eid.
Re: Everything (5) Wrong With Eid-el-adha by Rashduct4luv(m): 9:58am On Aug 24, 2018
usermane:
1/5. The Arafat Day:
Proceeding the Eid day, Muslims fast annually on the 9th of Dhul Hijjah. Of course, it is not in the Qur’an and of course the fast in the Qur’an only pertains to Ramadan, sin atonement or compensation for lapses in hajj rites. Therefore, this is an inherited practice that the Muslim ancestors attribute to Muhammad. But Muhammad lived by the Qur’an and had no authority to invent doctrine and promise rewards.

Bros! Muhammad salallahu alayhi wa salam is to be obeyed as Allah says

(a) Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “He who obeys the Messenger has indeed obeyed Allaah . . .” [al-Nisaa’ 4:80] Allaah described obedience to the Prophet (peace be upon him) as being a part of obedience to Him. Then He made a connection between obedience to Him and obedience to the Prophet (peace be upon him): “O you who believe! Obey Allaah and obey the Messenger . . .” [al-Nisaa’ 4:59]

(b) Allaah warns us not to go against the Prophet (peace be upon him), and states that whoever disobeys him will be doomed to eternal Hell. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “. . . And let those who oppose the Messenger’s commandment beware, lest some fitnah (trial, affliction, etc.) befall them or a painful torment be inflicted on them.” [al-Nur 24:63]

(c) Allaah has made obedience to His Prophet a religious duty; resisting or opposing it is a sign of hypocrisy: “”But no, by your Lord, they can have no Faith, until they make you [Muhammad] judge in all disputes between them, and find in themselves no resistance against your decisions, and accept (them) with full submission.” [al-Nisaa’ 4:65]

(d) Allaah commands His slaves to respond to Him and His Messenger: “O you who believe! Answer Allaah (by obeying Him) and (His) Messenger when he calls you to that which will give you life . . .” [al-Anfaal 8:24]

(e) Allaah also commands His slaves to refer all disputes to him: “. . . (And) if you differ in anything amongst yourselves, refer it to Allaah and His Messenger . . .” [al-Nisaa’ 4:59]

How do we obey the Messenger?

usermane:
Yes. And if it stopped at that, it wouldn't be too bad. But Muslims then say that the reward for this fast is forgiveness of all their sins for the "current year as well as for the coming year".

Say what?! The Lord forgives sins that have not even been committed yet? How ridiculous!

An average Muslim should believe that Allah forgives whoever He wills...And that Allah can do all things.

If Allah can forgive the Prophet's past and future sins according to Surat Al Fath vs 2, He can forgive anyone He wishes to forgive.

That Allah may forgive you your sins of the past and the future and complete his favour on you......Qur'an 48 vs 2
Re: Everything (5) Wrong With Eid-el-adha by Rashduct4luv(m): 10:07am On Aug 24, 2018
usermane:
2/5. The Eid day:
In traditional Islam, Qur’an is an abstract book interpolated and extrapolated by traditions of Muslim ancestors. So Eid-el-Adha has come to be the biggest Muslim festival despite not even the slightest mention in the Qur’an.

The problem though is this; Hajj may be performed anytime within a period of months, it is not limited to 5 days in Dhul Hajj(Qur'an 2:197). Thus, animal sacrifice as Hajj rite cannot be limited to just the 1-3 specific (10-12 Dhul Hijjah) days that mark Eid-el-Adha.
Since animal sacrifice can be done anytime over a window of months for hajj. Basically, no single day can be assigned for Eid-el-Adha.

Using this same logic of yours:

How do we calculate the number of days of Ramadan from the Qur'an?

How do we know the time for Solah and each Solah's number of Rakah from Qur'an?

How do we know how to do Zakat, Solah and Hajj in full from the Qur'an?

1 Like

Re: Everything (5) Wrong With Eid-el-adha by Rashduct4luv(m): 10:11am On Aug 24, 2018
usermane:
3/5. Anti-Islamic and paganist significance of the animal sacrifice.
Still keen on Eid? OK.

Eid to Muslims signifies Abraham’s utmost faith in God, proved by his willingness to sacrifice his only son at the altar on direct instruction from God. This belief that a God of good and justice will test his servant by an instruction to commit evil, to kill his own innocent son is beyond blasphemy. It is reminiscent of pagan customs where human murder sacrifices to appease the gods are conducted periodically.

I theorize that such paganist belief have been imported into traditional Islam from Judaic traditions. Not only does Judaism promulgate such beliefs, but in fact there are reports that certain Jewish sect(s) literally undertook human murder ritual sacrifice as dictated by their traditions.

www.come-and-hear.com/editor/br_3.html - Human sacrifice, the Talmud and Moloch Problem.

The Qur’an never confirm such belief, in contrary, it explains that Abraham had wrongly resolved from a dream that God was instructing him to murder his son.(Qur'an 37:102-106).

You are a liar. Those Qur'an verses never said that!
Re: Everything (5) Wrong With Eid-el-adha by Empiree: 3:17am On Aug 25, 2018
Usermane at it again

Do you want me to whoop yo ¥ss again

I remembered you made this same criticisms few years ago. Virtually you have problems with not only voluntary Islamic traditions but obligatory practices.

This is why ain't taking you serious. You are only threading Islam you don't know it. We told you before if you think Qur'an isa novel book to be read mechanically?. The prophet (Sallalahu aliy wasalam) practicalized it.

Practical is where we derived HOW, WHERE and WHEN. The people at the time, the Sahaba, saw him do the practical. How many times we have to tell you this?.
Re: Everything (5) Wrong With Eid-el-adha by usermane(m): 6:00am On Aug 25, 2018
Rashduct4luv:

Bros! Muhammad salallahu alayhi wa salam is to be obeyed as Allah says

(a) Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “He who obeys the Messenger has indeed obeyed Allaah . . .” [al-Nisaa’ 4:80] Allaah described obedience to the Prophet (peace be upon him) as being a part of obedience to Him. Then He made a connection between obedience to Him and obedience to the Prophet (peace be upon him): “O you who believe! Obey Allaah and obey the Messenger . . .” [al-Nisaa’ 4:59]

(b) Allaah warns us not to go against the Prophet (peace be upon him), and states that whoever disobeys him will be doomed to eternal Hell. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “. . . And let those who oppose the Messenger’s commandment beware, lest some fitnah (trial, affliction, etc.) befall them or a painful torment be inflicted on them.” [al-Nur 24:63]

(c) Allaah has made obedience to His Prophet a religious duty; resisting or opposing it is a sign of hypocrisy: “”But no, by your Lord, they can have no Faith, until they make you [Muhammad] judge in all disputes between them, and find in themselves no resistance against your decisions, and accept (them) with full submission.” [al-Nisaa’ 4:65]

(d) Allaah commands His slaves to respond to Him and His Messenger: “O you who believe! Answer Allaah (by obeying Him) and (His) Messenger when he calls you to that which will give you life . . .” [al-Anfaal 8:24]

(e) Allaah also commands His slaves to refer all disputes to him: “. . . (And) if you differ in anything amongst yourselves, refer it to Allaah and His Messenger . . .” [al-Nisaa’ 4:59]

How do we obey the Messenger?

An average Muslim should believe that Allah forgives whoever He wills...And that Allah can do all things.

If Allah can forgive the Prophet's past and future sins according to Surat Al Fath vs 2, He can forgive anyone He wishes to forgive.

That Allah may forgive you your sins of the past and the future and complete his favour on you......Qur'an 48 vs 2

The prophet is just one person. His future sins and the circumstance pertaining to such sins would have been foresighted by God to warrant forgiveness. This is not the case for every Muslim that fast on Arafat day.

As for "Obey Allah and Obey the messenger", I do not share your interpretation that "Obey the messenger" mean obey hadith. The messenger judged according to the Qur'an, he could never derive legislation and invent doctrines on his own. The only legislator in Islam is God, not God + messenger. God never shares his authority in legislation with anyone.(Qur'an 4:105)

Please, see Qur'an 69:38-47.
Re: Everything (5) Wrong With Eid-el-adha by usermane(m): 6:06am On Aug 25, 2018
Rashduct4luv:

Using this same logic of yours:

How do we calculate the number of days of Ramadan from the Qur'an?

How do we know the time for Solah and each Solah's number of Rakah from Qur'an?

How do we know how to do Zakat, Solah and Hajj in full from the Qur'an?

If you sincerely care for the answers to these questions, you know your way through Google to Muslim Websites that promote Qur'anic Islam.
Re: Everything (5) Wrong With Eid-el-adha by usermane(m): 6:13am On Aug 25, 2018
Rashduct4luv:

You are a liar. Those Qur'an verses never said that!

I'm not lying. Read and digest the verses. Abraham said he saw himself sacrificing his son to God. He then resolve that this must be a divine order to sacrifice his son.
Re: Everything (5) Wrong With Eid-el-adha by usermane(m): 6:24am On Aug 25, 2018
Empiree:
Usermane at it again

Do you want me to whoop yo ¥ss again

I remembered you made this same criticisms few years ago. Virtually you have problems with not only voluntary Islamic traditions but obligatory practices.

This is why ain't taking you serious. You are only threading Islam you don't know it. We told you before if you think Qur'an isa novel book to be read mechanically?. The prophet (Sallalahu aliy wasalam) practicalized it.

Practical is where we derived HOW, WHERE and WHEN. The people at the time, the Sahaba, saw him do the practical. How many times we have to tell you this?.

I told you long before that the sole duty of the messenger is to convey the message(Qur'an 5:99). If there is anything needed for practice, the Lord will include it in the Qur'an. I can't believe I'm getting sucked into the rabbit hole again.

Man, "Is God not enough for His servant?"(Qur'an 39:36).
Re: Everything (5) Wrong With Eid-el-adha by Rashduct4luv(m): 8:47am On Aug 25, 2018
usermane:

The prophet is just one person. His future sins and the circumstance pertaining to such sins would have been foresighted by God to warrant forgiveness. This is not the case for every Muslim that fast on Arafat day.

As for "Obey Allah and Obey the messenger", I do not share your interpretation that "Obey the messenger" mean obey hadith. The messenger judged according to the Qur'an, he could never derive legislation and invent doctrines on his own. The only legislator in Islam is God, not God + messenger. God never shares his authority in legislation with anyone.(Qur'an 4:105)

Please, see Qur'an 69:38-47.

Subhanallah! Haba!

He who obeys the Messenger, has indeed obeyed Allaah, but he who turns away, then we have not sent you (O Muhammad) as a watcher over them.” [al-Nisa’ 4:80].

The Qur’aan, which you claim to follow, denies the faith of the one who refuses to obey the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and does not accept his ruling: “But no, by your Lord, they can have no Faith, until they make you (O Muhammad) judge in all disputes between them, and find in themselves no resistance against your decisions, and accept (them) with full submission.” [al-Nisa’ 4:65].

How do we make Muhammad judge in all disputes...?
Re: Everything (5) Wrong With Eid-el-adha by Rashduct4luv(m): 8:54am On Aug 25, 2018
usermane:

I'm not lying. Read and digest the verses. Abraham said he saw himself sacrificing his son to God. He then resolve that this must be a divine order to sacrifice his son.

So by his resolve he made a mistake right?

And by making the mistake (of wanting to murder his son) Allah failed to correct him.
Re: Everything (5) Wrong With Eid-el-adha by Rashduct4luv(m): 8:59am On Aug 25, 2018
usermane:

If you sincerely care for the answers to these questions, you know your way through Google to Muslim Websites that promote Qur'anic Islam.

You can tell us as your are a no-hadith only Qur'an person! Tell us your view.

How did you know the Islamic months from Qur'an only?
Re: Everything (5) Wrong With Eid-el-adha by Empiree: 12:00pm On Aug 25, 2018
usermane:

I told you long before that the sole duty of the messenger is to convey the message(Qur'an 5:99). If there is anything needed for practice, the Lord will include it in the Qur'an. I can't believe I'm getting sucked into the rabbit hole again.

Man, "Is God not enough for His servant?"(Qur'an 39:36).
smh... So when Quran says "iqama salat" you mean the prophet (saw) just conveyed to them the same phrase without telling them what that is?. You are incredible grin

When Quran says "the month of Ramadan is the month in which Quran was revealed", you mean the prophet just conveyed the same phrase without demonstrating what it is?. How would his companions know when it is month of Ramadan if not through his demonstration?. You are incredible cheesy grin

Sorry, brother. Qur'an isn't a novel.
Re: Everything (5) Wrong With Eid-el-adha by usermane(m): 1:45pm On Aug 25, 2018
OK. Please Empiree, Rashduct4luv lets restrict our posts to the subject of the thread; Arafat fast, Eid date, Abraham's test, Dhabiha, and meat.

This not 2015 anymore. I no longer do back and forth debate on validity of Hadith with anyone. What I do now is criticism of Hadith matn (content).
Re: Everything (5) Wrong With Eid-el-adha by Empiree: 4:13pm On Aug 25, 2018
usermane:
OK. Please Empiree, Rashduct4luv lets restrict our posts to the subject of the thread; Arafat fast, Eid date, Abraham's test, Dhabiha, and meat.

This not 2015 anymore. I no longer do back and forth debate on validity of Hadith with anyone. What I do now is criticism of Hadith matn (content).
well, let me see where you are driving at. Ofcourse I understand that Arafat is separate from Eld. This is why Eld lasts for 3 days. Some celebrate eld on Tuesday. Some on Wednesday. Some Thursday this yr.

I don't know if that's what you are referring to. So clarify yourself before I comment further. But Arafah is one day.
Re: Everything (5) Wrong With Eid-el-adha by usermane(m): 2:25am On Aug 26, 2018
Empiree:
well, let me see where you are driving at. Ofcourse I understand that Arafat is separate from Eld. This is why Eld lasts for 3 days. Some celebrate eld on Tuesday. Some on Wednesday. Some Thursday this yr.

I don't know if that's what you are referring to. So clarify yourself before I comment further. But Arafah is one day.

First, do you really think God will forgive all Muslim's sins of last this lunar year and the next lunar year if he fasts on Arafat day?

Do you think a one day fast can wipe away so much past and future sins?

What is your take on sins and forgiveness in Islam.
Re: Everything (5) Wrong With Eid-el-adha by Empiree: 4:36am On Aug 26, 2018
usermane:

First, do you really think God will forgive all Muslim's sins of last this lunar year and the next lunar year if he fasts on Arafat day?

Do you think a one day fast can wipe away so much past and future sins?

What is your take on sins and forgiveness in Islam.
Are you despair or in doubt that Allah forgives sins of the past, present and future?. If that's your thought, then, that's you. You will find Allah where you leave Him. If you think He can not or does not forgive your sin bcus of 1 day fast on Arafat, it means you place your doubt in Him. In that case, let me remind you of this hadith

The Prophet (sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam) said: “Allah, Blessed and Exalted is He, says, ‘O son of Adam, as long as you call on Me, I shall forgive you of what you have done, and think nothing of it. O son of Adam, even if your sins were to reach up to the clouds in the sky, and then you were to ask for My forgiveness, I would forgive you and think nothing of it. O son of Adam, even if you were to come to Me with sins nearly as great as the earth, and then you were to meet Me after death, not worshipping anything besides Me, I would bring you forgiveness nearly as great as the earth.’” [Tirmidhi]

O, I forgot you don't believe hadith. Very well then. Let's take a look at ayah of Quran (Sura Az-Zumar)

Say, "O My servants who have transgressed against themselves [by sinning], do not despair of the mercy of Allah . Indeed, Allah forgives all sins. Indeed, it is He who is the Forgiving, the Merciful."

If you think he doesn't forgive your sin for fasting on Arafat, you simple lose hope and you have no faith.
Re: Everything (5) Wrong With Eid-el-adha by usermane(m): 6:46am On Aug 26, 2018
Empiree:
Are you despair or in doubt that Allah forgives sins of the past, present and future?. If that's your thought, then, that's you. You will find Allah where you leave Him. If you think He can not or does not forgive your sin bcus of 1 day fast on Arafat, it means you place your doubt in Him. In that case, let me remind you of this hadith

The Prophet (sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam) said: “Allah, Blessed and Exalted is He, says, ‘O son of Adam, as long as you call on Me, I shall forgive you of what you have done, and think nothing of it. O son of Adam, even if your sins were to reach up to the clouds in the sky, and then you were to ask for My forgiveness, I would forgive you and think nothing of it. O son of Adam, even if you were to come to Me with sins nearly as great as the earth, and then you were to meet Me after death, not worshipping anything besides Me, I would bring you forgiveness nearly as great as the earth.’” [Tirmidhi]

O, I forgot you don't believe hadith. Very well then. Let's take a look at ayah of Quran (Sura Az-Zumar)

Say, "O My servants who have transgressed against themselves [by sinning], do not despair of the mercy of Allah . Indeed, Allah forgives all sins. Indeed, it is He who is the Forgiving, the Merciful."

If you think he doesn't forgive your sin for fasting on Arafat, you simple lose hope and you have no faith.

Peace!

There is no proof in such verses that God forgives people sins that have not been committed yet. Forgiveness comes after sin, not before sin.
Also, yes. God may forgive past sins of over a year, but do you think one really need to fast before this can happen?
Do you think that unless one fast on Arafat day, he cannot be forgiven for his sins of the last 12 months?

Speaking on the verse you quoted. I absolutely agree that God is merciful enough to forgive any amount of sins. But, it must be borne in mind that if the sinner returns to such sins, God will no longer forgive him. One can't continue to take God through a repetition of 'sin and asking forgiveness'. That will be insincere on the part of the sinner.

People should be taught that their past sins are forgiven if they permanently stop committing them. No amount of fasting will forgive your sins of 2018, if you resume those sins later in 2019. Obedience is better than sacrifice.
Re: Everything (5) Wrong With Eid-el-adha by Empiree: 11:33am On Aug 26, 2018
usermane:

Peace!

There is no proof in such verses that God forgives people sins that have not been committed yet. Forgiveness comes after sin, not before sin.
Also, yes. God may forgive past sins of over a year, but do you think one really need to fast before this can happen?
Do you think that unless one fast on Arafat day, he cannot be forgiven for his sins of the last 12 months?
no. Allah may forgive sins at anytime. But you stand better chance at critical time of mandatory rituals like this. Hajj in itself rebirth you. Therefore, fast on Arafat stands the chance of being forgiving faster than any regular days. It is no problem if you don't believe it. That's btw you and your Lord. There is nothing to reform in this.

Speaking on the verse you quoted. I absolutely agree that God is merciful enough to forgive any amount of sins. But, it must be borne in mind that if the sinner returns to such sins, God will no longer forgive him. One can't continue to take God through a repetition of 'sin and asking forgiveness'. That will be insincere on the part of the sinner.
well, agree due to another verse which states that God forgives sin done in ignorance but not sin delibrately perpetrated. But again, His Mercy is beyond measures. You aren't in position to determine who and what He forgives and what He doesn't.

People should be taught that their past sins are forgiven if they permanently stop committing them. No amount of fasting will forgive your sins of 2018, if you resume those sins later in 2019. Obedience is better than sacrifice.
of course people are reminded of this. The verse of quran and many Hadith said the same. When kitab and sunnah say God forgives, they simply encourage you not to lose hope.

That hope is portrayed in another Hadith when it says for as long as you don't commit major sins, if you sin again and again and you ask for forgiveness God will forgive. This doesn't in anyways encourages recurring sins. It rather encourages tawba (returning to God by constantly ask for forgiveness), due to another hadith which says God loves those who sin but constantly turn to Him. But those who sin and refuse to ask for forgiveness dare God or lose hope like you do. God says He hates those people. He would replace them with those who sin and ask for His forgiveness. This is why Tijaniyya sect made it mandatory to recite

Isgifar 100

La ilaha ila Allahu 100

Salawat ala nabi 100

morning and night in their litanies. This is where Sufism is derived.

1 Like

Re: Everything (5) Wrong With Eid-el-adha by usermane(m): 6:46am On Aug 27, 2018
Peace Empiree

"The person who fast on Arafat day is forgiven quicker than he who doesn't". Would have even be more convincing if you brought forth a supporting hadith or verse for such interpolation. You've now introduced another concept; Speed of sin forgiveness.

You're basically saying that God holds back on forgiving sinners that repents, except for those sinners that fast on special days.

We've reached a stumbling block here. I wouldn't want to drag this further. Q & A takes so much time. If you disagree with any other of my critique on Eid-el-Adha. You're free to leave behind your comments.
Re: Everything (5) Wrong With Eid-el-adha by Rashduct4luv(m): 8:12am On Aug 27, 2018
Usermane, i quoted a verse of the Qur'an wherein Allah forgived the Prophet but probably you skipped it.

What about that?
Re: Everything (5) Wrong With Eid-el-adha by usermane(m): 8:22am On Aug 27, 2018
Rashduct4luv:
Usermane, i quoted a verse of the Qur'an wherein Allah forgived the Prophet but probably you skipped it.

What about that?

I already gave my word on the verse. It's important to distinguish between one man(messenger) and an entire population of Muslims.

The prophet is just one person. His future sins and the circumstance pertaining to such sins would have been foresighted by God to warrant forgiveness. This is not the case for every Muslim that fast on Arafat day

(1) (2) (Reply)

Terrorist Plot To Bomb Imam Ali Mosque,Assasinate Ayat. Sistani Foiled / Al-maathuurat By Imaam Shaheed Hassan Al-baanah / Does The Quran Realy States That Muslims Should Not Hav Pity On Non Muslims?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.