Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,874 members, 7,817,574 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:42 PM

You Are A Brand - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / You Are A Brand (224 Views)

Help A Friend Form A Brand Name / It's A Brand New Day / Nigerian Lady Who Does POP Ceiling For A Living Buys a Brand New Lexus Jeep(pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

You Are A Brand by hamlino15(m): 11:16am On Aug 21, 2018
Let’s face the fact; Whether you have a Business or not, YOU ARE A BRAND. If you have an image, value, mission or vision, you are a brand. After my research on what the word “brand” really is, I came to realize that you can only have either a Personal Brand or a Product Brand. This post is more of the formal.

Personal brand can be as little or crazy as that everyday one word or picture you put online. That is, our online presence and activities has emotional messages of dictating who we really are and what exactly we do. I can tell what you do just by checking your timeline, about, place of work, profile pictures, the groups and pages you added, your likes, the kind of meme your friends tag you with. A good example is a client from India, who was never my Facebook friend, but sent a message to help him with Branding his startup (Harini Advertising), after reading a post of how I helped a company in Bangladesh.
I may not have a website or any “online base” as of the time he needed my service, but he studied my social media activities.

Personal brand is your LOGO
Personal Brand is your identity. A representative of you or your business or generations.

1. This has to do with the emotional message in your colour preference. For example, BLACK represents Authority, Power, Boldness, Elegance etc. RED represents Passion, Love, Anger, Life, Health etc. BLUE represents Professionalism, Trust, Loyalty, Tech etc. BROWN represents Reliability, Earth, Masculinity etc. PINK represents Femininity, Youthful, Beauty, etc. Among others.

2. This has to do with your choice of fonts. For example, Helvetica (the most used font in the world) can be used for almost any niche or business. Trajan can be used in movie theaters or posters, religious, law, marriage, class etc. Garamond (2nd most used fonts in the world) can be used for timeless logos, magazines, websites and long body text etc. Futura can be used for large display, corporate, books, small text etc. Among millions.

3. What message exactly is your logo passing? If people see your design brand identity, what are they thinking of or what are they looking at? For example, McDonald logo represents Breastfeeding. Nike logo represents the wing of a Roman God of strength called Nike. Coca-Cola is a script typeface that represents the Norwegian flag. Among others.

4. This is also your profile picture, social media pictures and covers. And caption attached to them.

5. The Content you share on the media, the values you offer, your goals and aims, your zeal, reputation, perception, mission and vision are all products of your personal brand.
http://creativedohl.com/you-are-a-brand/

Damilare H. Oyekanmi (Creative designer, Content writer and Branding consultant @ [url]creativedohl.com[/url])

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Vacancy For Marketers / Cake Decorator/artist Needed At Sweet Land Of Wonder 2018 | Apply Now / Linux System Administrator At Gigalayer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.