Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,353 members, 7,860,933 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:16 PM

A Must Read For All Nigerian Youths - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / A Must Read For All Nigerian Youths (329 Views)

Unlock The Genius In Ur Child With Sight Words. A Must-read For Young parents / How To Overcome Setbacks In Life - A Must Read For Nigerian Youths / British Air Hostess: All Nigerian do on a plane is eat their food & drink (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Must Read For All Nigerian Youths by SCOTTYOUNG: 11:22am On Aug 21, 2018
AN OPEN LETTER TO ALL NIGERIAN YOUTHS
Written by Obiora Okeke

Most Nigerian Youths haven't discovered their place in their Country. Running after Politicians, chanting and going on errands isn't an assured Future for yourself and our Country. Just as Hayakawa will always say, β€œIt is the individual who knows how little they know about themselves who stands the most reasonable chance of finding out something about themselves before they die.”

Many youths have sacrificed their lives so cheap for those who feel the youths can be used to achieve their purpose by giving little token. We've been used and we've been dumped now they're calling us all again in different auspicious groups ahead of 2019 Elections.

I want every Youth reading this to understand our stand come 2019 Elections. Have you ever asked yourself questions like this?

- Where are the Youths in Nigeria Government?
- What happened to those we risked our lives under harsh weather conditions just to see they emerge?
- Have they forgotten all their Promises?
- Do they still acknowledge our efforts and contribution?

These questions will get you thinking about what most leaders feel about you. They only run back to us when they need us to join their rally, engage in electoral malpractice and other social vices just for their ambition to be successful. It's a pity.

Do you know that the Youths constitute over 30% of Nigeria's Total Population? Why then are we marginalized? Is because most of us haven't discovered our place in the Economy.

Several governments have come and passed and none has taught it wise to set aside a day in Nigeria where Youths will be celebrated. I engaged several youths in conversation on 12th August, 2018 during the International Youths Day. I discovered that most of us never knew about such. This is because only few Government (Local, State and Federal) acknowledged this day and celebrated it. I started asking myself what's the essence of the Minister/Commisioner for Youths and Sports? Is he/she only interested in Sports and not Youths? The answer I got was "When a 60 years old man is made to head Youths what do you expect". This same thing runs even in our Churches. Most Youth Presidents and Youth Pastors in our Churches today are Men. Do they feel the Youths are not capable? Is because we don't know our place.

Do you know that less than 20% of Youths participate in electoral process. I also engaged some youths in conversation and I realized that many of us are not ready to even vote next year. We have our PVC but it's just a document to many of us.. This is too bad. Most youths have the mentality that "OUR VOTES WON'T COUNT" and I replied "IT IS THE GOOD PEOPLE THAT ELECT THE BAD LEADERS BY NOT VOTING". When we don't vote, we give room for bad Governance in our Country.

We complain of bad Governance yet we have a tool just as a gun in the hands of a hunter to terminate the life of any animal so also we can terminate the selfish ambition of some of our leaders.

Curt Coffman once said "A great manager is someone who says, You come to work with me, and I'll help you be as successful as possible; I'll help you grow. I'll help you make sure you're in the right role; I'll provide the relationship for you to understand and know yourself. And I want you to be more successful than me." This is the spirit of True Leadership.

John Maxwell will say "The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails.”

We need Leaders that'll look beyond their personal interest and see to the general good of the people. Leaders that'll become a solution and not a burden to us.

The first process to get such is by getting your ticket.
The ticket that'll grant you access to vote credible leaders.
That ticket is your VOTERS CARD.
It's your Voice ...
It's your Power...
It's a gun in the hands of a hunter..
It might be the last bullet in your gun so use wisely.
#GETYOURPVC Today

Written by Obiora Okeke
Obiora Okeke hails from Orumba South Local Government of Anambra State. He's currently a 300L Civil Engineering Student and Director of Public Relations, Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike
Abia State, Nigeria. He's an advocate of Good Governance and a passionate Leader..
Call/Whatsapp: 08064933665
Facebook: @iamobioraokeke
Twitter: @iamobioraokeke
Instagram: @amobioraokeke
Email: obioraokeke2@gmail.com

Please share to all Nigerian Youths.
Thanks
#TeamObiora

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Fashion For The ELITE / Want To Be A Graphic Designer? Check Steps. / Lagos New Time Bomb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.