Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,122 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:24 AM

I Want To Start A Poultry After I Graduate - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / I Want To Start A Poultry After I Graduate (18247 Views)

I Am Running A Poultry At A Loss. I Need Help! Please, Someone Should Reply. / Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) / We Help People Set Up A Poultry Farm, We Also Give Imformation On Poultry Busi' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Start A Poultry After I Graduate by Victorplus: 8:00am On Apr 07, 2012
Johnayodele. I'm intend 2 go in poultry business after my nysc and pls you will be my mentor, pls now i want 2 know the cost of feeding 100 chicks from day old to point of laying and kg/bird per cost. Thanks.
Re: I Want To Start A Poultry After I Graduate by deribigbe(m): 8:21am On Apr 07, 2012
Pls start b4 leaving School o !
Re: I Want To Start A Poultry After I Graduate by jamesproctor: 11:21am On Apr 07, 2012
Re: I Want To Start A Poultry After I Graduate by obnelly: 8:28pm On Sep 25, 2012
This is quite interesting,but unfortunately the thread is so short because not everybody want to be a farmer but everybody want to eat food made by farmers,few people that are ready to serve in the farm will always be the king.Experience in animal husbandry is a plus plus,and you must have interest in taking care of animals before you can be successful in poultry business.You can start small and grow big.I started small but now i thank God.No doubt poultry business is capital intensive but never mind their is money in the business and it requires hard labour ,no pain,no gain ,you must fold your sleeves to ready for the farm jobs for you to be successful.The beautiful thing about it is you can sack your boss once you know how to make money through farming.Every year you keep expanding your flock ,that is the beautiful thing about poultry because your production cant be enough for the populace so you need more production.If everybody is into farming if we have excess we can send to those famine area of the world.Dont forget you can make bio fuel from your farm waste,this i have done for different farm owner and they are happy about it.wouldnt you wanna go green? I am proud to be a farmer and Engineer(Agricultural and bioresources Engineer).for your poultry waste into bio fuel for power generation and space heating, contact me (+234)-0802-8482-859

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Start A Poultry After I Graduate by miqos02(m): 9:55pm On Sep 25, 2012
obnelly: This is quite interesting,but unfortunately the thread is so short because not everybody want to be a farmer but everybody want to eat food made by farmers,few people that are ready to serve in the farm will always be the king.Experience in animal husbandry is a plus plus,and you must have interest in taking care of animals before you can be successful in poultry business.You can start small and grow big.I started small but now i thank God.No doubt poultry business is capital intensive but never mind their is money in the business and it requires hard labour ,no pain,no gain ,you must fold your sleeves to ready for the farm jobs for you to be successful.The beautiful thing about it is you can sack your boss once you know how to make money through farming.Every year you keep expanding your flock ,that is the beautiful thing about poultry because your production cant be enough for the populace so you need more production.If everybody is into farming if we have excess we can send to those famine area of the world.Dont forget you can make bio fuel from your farm waste,this i have done for different farm owner and they are happy about it.wouldnt you wanna go green? I am proud to be a farmer and Engineer(Agricultural and bioresources Engineer).for your poultry waste into bio fuel for power generation and space heating, contact me (+234)-0802-8482-859
Pls educate me on the bio fuel thing in relation to the farm waste
Re: I Want To Start A Poultry After I Graduate by Marconau: 8:45pm On Nov 21, 2012
Does anyone know where I can get a pen for layers to rent in Lagos and environ. If u have any contact me on: 08024583320
Re: I Want To Start A Poultry After I Graduate by obnelly: 6:55pm On Dec 27, 2012
Good farmer will not rent cages for his bird,reason why is because of disease transmission.easily can you kill your chicken due to mobile diseases.

If you want to convert your farm waste to useful bio product you can contact me.
Re: I Want To Start A Poultry After I Graduate by sp2002(m): 1:32pm On Dec 28, 2012
for more information on atarting a poultry or you need somebody to kick start a poultry farm for you do contact:
SP2002 POULTRY AND LAND CONSULTANCY
SP2002.GNBO.COM.NG
TJ.SP2002@GMAIL.COM

WE ESTABLISH FARMS FOR BEGINNERS AND CONSULT FOR EXISTING ONES.
Re: I Want To Start A Poultry After I Graduate by Gozychuks(m): 5:50pm On May 31, 2013
miqos02:
Pls educate me on the bio fuel thing in relation to the farm waste
Am interested in the bio fuel production gozychuks@gmail.com
Re: I Want To Start A Poultry After I Graduate by knowledge4(m): 8:59pm On Jun 07, 2013
The profitability analysis is about the financial projections for 12 months of egg production for a 1000 chicken layers farm raised from day old age,prepared on Microsoft Excel format. Those applying for entrepreneurship/agricultural loans or grants will find it useful for writing their proposals or to support their applications.

The financial projection or profitability analysis (Profit & Loss Accounts) for 12 months has the following:
A) Layers Chicken:
1) Analysis of egg revenue from 1000 layers on daily and monthly basis for 12 months
2)Revenue from the disposal of old layers at the end of egg production
3)Analysis of farm expenses(diesel costs, salaries,transport,consultancy,miscellaneous,etc) on a daily and monthly basis for 12 months
4)Depreciation of major farm assets on a daily and monthly basis for the 12 months
5)The analysis of feed costs at the different stages of development in the chickens for the initial 20 weeks and during the egg production phase.
5)Gross and Net Profit position daily and monthly
6) Farm assets to set up + cost
7) The Sunk Cost i.e. the analysis of operating costs for the first 20 weeks from day old status to the commencement of egg laying.A cash flow projection for 12 months of sales is included in the report.
Re: I Want To Start A Poultry After I Graduate by samshoz(m): 4:06pm On Jun 26, 2013
Hi every, i intend to start a mini/backyard poultry farm, i want rear about 50 day olds. I need some info that can aid my success. 1. Where can i get quality day olds? 2. How much is a carton of 50 chicks(broilers)? 3. What kind of drug and how do i go about vaccination? 4. What kind of feed is required? I intend building a wood cage, like a mini pen and use lamp for humidity. Pls, kindly give me some guiding info. I reside in Sango, though am close to abatior but stil need to get insight first.
Re: I Want To Start A Poultry After I Graduate by millhouse: 4:24pm On Jun 26, 2013
very good info
Re: I Want To Start A Poultry After I Graduate by jamp: 5:12pm On Jul 19, 2013
samshoz: Hi every, i intend to start a mini/backyard poultry farm, i want rear about 50 day olds. I need some info that can aid my success. 1. Where can i get quality day olds? 2. How much is a carton of 50 chicks(broilers)? 3. What kind of drug and how do i go about vaccination? 4. What kind of feed is required? I intend building a wood cage, like a mini pen and use lamp for humidity. Pls, kindly give me some guiding info. I reside in Sango, though am close to abatior but stil need to get insight first.

go through this thread, yiu will get all info you need
https://www.nairaland.com/640716/starting-poultry-farm-blog/35#16899934
Re: I Want To Start A Poultry After I Graduate by eazeefix: 8:54pm On Sep 21, 2013
I have 39 units of battery cages for sale. Used for only one cycle so no repairs are needed. If you know anyone that might be interested kindly contact me. 08023116432
Re: I Want To Start A Poultry After I Graduate by lanre316: 8:15pm On Nov 02, 2013
eazeefix: I have 39 units of battery cages for sale. Used for only one cycle so no repairs are needed. If you know anyone that might be interested kindly contact me. 08023116432

I assumed you were practicing poultry business before. Please do you mind sharing your past experience in this business, good or bad, so we may learn.
Thanks in advance.
Re: I Want To Start A Poultry After I Graduate by bassdow: 3:58pm On Nov 05, 2013
Good day Nairalanders
I have interest in starting a poultry farm before I graduate from school and like I have always heard, always start small and grow big. I plan starting with a startup capital of between 200k to 250k. Please any advice on how to go about it as one of my biggest chalenge now is SPACE ( i mean land or poultry house). I stay around Ejigbo part of Lagos and can't start a backyard poultry because it's a rented apartment and my landlord won't be ok with it due to it's nature. I am really open to suggestions and advice.
Also what part of lagos can I get a land for about 150k and less since I can't locate it far away from my constant reach or is it ok for me to rent a space (though i have been told of it's negative impacts). Will be glad to hear from you all
Thanks as I awaits your infos
Re: I Want To Start A Poultry After I Graduate by ultrazone(m): 10:47pm On Jul 24, 2014
mmm
Re: I Want To Start A Poultry After I Graduate by knowledge4(m): 5:19pm On Oct 13, 2014
Poultry Farming is one of the viable businesses that anyone can do starting at a small scale.It is true that many of the unemployed Nigerians have no access to capital required to set up a business.It is true that some of the commercial banks are not willing to finance agricultural ventures especially chicken farming.

A bank known as the Bank of Agriculture,owned by the Federal Government of Nigeria is giving out loans to genuine farmers who can prove their genuineness.The F.G.N has provisioned N200 Billion as loans to farmers and the steps to access the loan are straight forward if you are a genuine person with genuine intentions.If you are an unemployed Nigerian graduate looking for paid employment,pay attention to this post and take a step of faith to key into it.

The steps to obtain the loan are as follows:
1) Locate the office of the Bank of Agriculture that covers the area or local government area where your farm is situated and open an account with the bank with a minimum deposit of N3000.00

2) For the ‘Know Your Customer’ (KYC) requirements, you must present your NEPA Bill which confirms your place of residence + any of the approved means of identification such as International Passport, Drivers License, National Identity Card or Voters Registration Card.

3) Other requirements are:
Complete and signed account form
Complete and signed mandate card
Present 4 passport photographs of yourself

4) You must run and operate the account for at least 3 -6months before applying for the loan. Do not think that you can just open the account, abandon it and show up after 6 months for the loan. The loan is not the usual national cake and the bank, newly repositioned, is not fooled. If you play that old game, the bank will doubt your integrity and commitment to repay the loan if granted and that means you may not get it.

Running and operating the loan means that you make it an active account. This means making sure that you save money and withdraw from the account on a regular basis. The bank wants to see that there are transactions going on in the account. Therefore, you should make regular deposits and withdrawals on the account during the 6 month period to create an active relationship that makes the bank have confidence in you.

5) You must have an existing farm, at a fixed location and the farm must have its record of operations and activities on a daily basis neatly kept. The era of armchair farmers/political farmers/farms of no fixed address/classroom farmers are over. The bank will visit your farm for inspection when you apply for the loan.

6) The bank will check what you have on ground; see how far you have gone; what the loan is required for, and ensure that the loan is appropriate for what it is required. The bank wants to know whether you have an adequate knowledge of your area of farming business. You must be able to demonstrate the practical hands-on experience in your area of farming. The bank wants to know whether you have a project you are working on and the fund requirements. And within a month of the inspection, the loan will be approved if the bank is satisfied.

You can obtain a loan of N250,000.00 from the Bank of Agriculture without any collateral.With this amount,you can set up a small backyard chicken business that will pay more than the elusive salary job you are seeking. Some graduates earn N15,000.00 monthly in the name of earning a salary.What a pity!I will show you how to go about setting up a small chicken business with as low as N100,000.00.Visit 1st signature below for estimates to set up a chicken farming business

What are you waiting for?
Get the location ready and put it into preparation before inviting the bank for inspection.
Then, go open an account with the Bank of Agriculture and operate it as required for at least 6 months.Make an estimate of the farm’s fund requirements and get it ready before applying for the loan.
Re: I Want To Start A Poultry After I Graduate by Adex203: 1:31am On Jul 03, 2015
I love agric proud to be an Agric engineer
Re: I Want To Start A Poultry After I Graduate by docchuks(m): 6:40am On Jan 12, 2016
To start the poultry business after you graduate, you need serious training and then you need to arm yourself with a sellable business plan.

http://www.businessplannigeria.com.ng/poultry-farming-business-plan-nigeria/
Re: I Want To Start A Poultry After I Graduate by heywai001(m): 3:13pm On Jun 02, 2016
hello fellow nairaland family, I have 200 spent layers to cull off, and I don't know how to go about it. I need link to contact buyers, kindly help me to look for buyers.
the farm is in Ijebu Ijesa, Osun state.
looking up to hear from you guys.
here are my contacts
heywai001@rocketmail.com

Thanks.

signed

Gabriel Ayodeji Saanumi.
Re: I Want To Start A Poultry After I Graduate by Georgechris(m): 10:32pm On Jun 30, 2016
George Christopher Fisheries : Contact us for construction of Ur Quality Tarpaulin fish ponds, fingerlings & mature cat fishes 07030815857.
Re: I Want To Start A Poultry After I Graduate by Showboy206: 6:34am On Aug 27, 2021
I have a poultry pen for rent at Agodo Egbe Lagos state. Call 08058298062

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My New Cucumber Farm / Drip Irrigation For Vegies ACRE and HECTARE Kit... Talk to us / Dangote fertilizer Urea 46%+ is Available.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.