Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,789 members, 7,817,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:23 AM

I Was About To Be Scammed On Jiji Yesterday - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / I Was About To Be Scammed On Jiji Yesterday (2463 Views)

New Fraudulent Tactics On Jiji / Is It Recommendable And Advisable To Purchase Used Electronic Devices On Jiji / Got Scammed On Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was About To Be Scammed On Jiji Yesterday by solaiphones: 12:08pm On Aug 22, 2018
b][/b]I posted my iPhone 7 on for sale. Yesterday I received a call from a buyer, he told me he is interested in the iphone not knowing he a local scammer. He first told me to come and meet him in his location, which I declined. I told him to meet me at ijaiye Bus-stop along abeokuta express way.
At around some minutes to 7 he called me again and told me he’s already at the bus stop.from there I’ve started suspecting him to be a scammer, because i was doubting how can someone come from ikeja to ifako ijaiye just to get an iPhone 7. I told my brother i will call him if anything what to happen because that’s our area.
When i got to the bus stop, it was an opened place people were moving and there was light i can see him he came out from a 2010 Toyota camry, holding an iPhone x, wearing a designer pair of shoes and neatly dressed like a banker.
We exchanged greetings, he asked of the iphone which i gave it to him, he inspected it. He said it is a nice phone. He asked me why I haven’t format the iPhone, i told him since I’m not sure he’s gonna buy the phone that after payment i erase everything including the iCloud on it. I collected it back from him immediately and put the iPhone in my pocket.
So, he told me he’s sending the money through internet transfer I told him no problem. I gave him my account no which he-confirmed the name on the account,it was correct.
After some seconds, he said he has transferred the money of wish I haven’t received. Immediately I logged in into my internet banking nothing was there. After like 10 min i told him I haven’t seen the money he was claiming he has sent it that it was the bank network which I already knew he’s a scammer. He was telling he’s a rich man that he’s having over 10m in his account that 150k is a chicken change to him.
After like 25 minute, he said he having some appointment that the money will enter it’s just a network problem probably because of yesterday holiday that I should erase the iCloud and hand over the phone to him, which I objected and i told him until his payment reflects in my internet banking I won’t hand over the phone to him
Immediately i told him to chill, that I want make a call, when he heard that he was a bit nervous. I called my brother to come and meet me at the location. I told to wait for my brother, he said I shouldn’t worry again that when the money enter I should call him to come and pick up the phone i was trying to delay him but i think he already knew I’m aware of his tricks immediately he drove off since yesterday’s night I haven’t seen the alert ooo this is his phone no ‭0902 611 5478‬

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was About To Be Scammed On Jiji Yesterday by Mizk(f): 12:10pm On Aug 22, 2018
cheesyLmao pants on fire
Re: I Was About To Be Scammed On Jiji Yesterday by adewumiopeyemi(m): 12:14pm On Aug 22, 2018
undecided undecided
Re: I Was About To Be Scammed On Jiji Yesterday by solaiphones: 12:22pm On Aug 22, 2018
If you see his appearance and his phonetics you won’t believe he’s a scammer
Re: I Was About To Be Scammed On Jiji Yesterday by Dannybammz: 12:44pm On Aug 22, 2018
Can't just stop laughing ;DCan't just stop laughing
Re: I Was About To Be Scammed On Jiji Yesterday by solaiphones: 12:50pm On Aug 22, 2018
A friend of mine which i narrated the scene to yhis morning also confirmed it that he has been scammed with the same method With his iPhone x
Re: I Was About To Be Scammed On Jiji Yesterday by noobody(m): 4:00pm On Aug 31, 2018
solaiphones:
A friend of mine which i narrated the scene to yhis morning also confirmed it that he has been scammed with the same method With his iPhone x

Na the same iphone x he carry come,e obvious say na d guy,unfortunate people undecided
Re: I Was About To Be Scammed On Jiji Yesterday by hustla(m): 7:13pm On Aug 31, 2018
solaiphones:
If you see his appearance and his phonetics you won’t believe he’s a scammer

Mshew That one na still learner

If na correct one wey them do for my guy, the transfer go reflect, u go check am see money for there.. But later.. Like after 3 hrs, the money go comot

Them Don flash ur account be that

O ja ti je e grin
Re: I Was About To Be Scammed On Jiji Yesterday by itiswellandwell: 7:16pm On Aug 31, 2018
hustla:

If na correct one wey them do for my guy, the transfer go reflect, u go check am see money for there.. But later.. Like after 3 hrs, the money go comot

O ja ti je e grin

Lol. Are you sure about this?

Even when you checked the money in your bank mobile app? Gist us more about this.
Re: I Was About To Be Scammed On Jiji Yesterday by hustla(m): 7:19pm On Aug 31, 2018
itiswellandwell:

Lol. Are you sure about this?

Even when you checked the money in your bank mobile app? Gist us more about this.

Na my friend e happen to, he sold iPhone ear buds to someone at IcM.. A transfer was made out to him and e check.. The money dey there for a few hrs lol

There have been similar cases all over Lagos, one is currently trending on Instagram - the guy used the method to purchase items. Worth 1.2m naira

The most popular case; the guy used the trick to buy a Porsche - about 30m naira or so

I'm surprised you dunno this scam
Re: I Was About To Be Scammed On Jiji Yesterday by itiswellandwell: 7:21pm On Aug 31, 2018
hustla:

Na my friend e happen to, he sold iPhone ear buds to someone at IcM.. A transfer was made out to him and e check.. The money dey there for a few hrs lol

There have been similar cases all over Lagos, one is currently trending on Instagram - the guy used the method to purchase items. Worth 1.2m naira

The most popular case; the guy used the trick to buy a Porsche - about 30m naira or so

Lol. This is fake alert joor
Re: I Was About To Be Scammed On Jiji Yesterday by mjay2018: 7:23pm On Aug 31, 2018
It shall not be well with scammers.
Re: I Was About To Be Scammed On Jiji Yesterday by hustla(m): 7:48pm On Aug 31, 2018
itiswellandwell:

Okay naw
I tell u say money reflect, u dey argue
Re: I Was About To Be Scammed On Jiji Yesterday by AIREGIN360(m): 8:34pm On Aug 31, 2018
hustla:

Okay naw
I tell u say money reflect, u dey argue
dont be naive there is no way money that reflects on your mobile app can disappear, it can never ever ever happen, all this is just fake alert, try and educate yourself and not argue what you know nothing about.

5 Likes

Re: I Was About To Be Scammed On Jiji Yesterday by itiswellandwell: 8:43pm On Aug 31, 2018
@ AIREGIN360,thanks for helping me enlightening him. I just dey wonder. If such could ever happen. Online banking or transfer go done end tey tey.
Re: I Was About To Be Scammed On Jiji Yesterday by bobo65(m): 8:43pm On Aug 31, 2018
Edited
Re: I Was About To Be Scammed On Jiji Yesterday by phazotron(m): 9:17pm On Aug 31, 2018
solaiphones:
b][/b]I posted my iPhone 7 on for sale. Yesterday I received a call from a buyer, he told me he is interested in the iphone not knowing he a local scammer. He first told me to come and meet him in his location, which I declined. I told him to meet me at ijaiye Bus-stop along abeokuta express way.
At around some minutes to 7 he called me again and told me he’s already at the bus stop.from there I’ve started suspecting him to be a scammer, because i was doubting how can someone come from ikeja to ifako ijaiye just to get an iPhone 7. I told my brother i will call him if anything what to happen because that’s our area.
When i got to the bus stop, it was an opened place people were moving and there was light i can see him he came out from a 2010 Toyota camry, holding an iPhone x, wearing a designer pair of shoes and neatly dressed like a banker.
We exchanged greetings, he asked of the iphone which i gave it to him, he inspected it. He said it is a nice phone. He asked me why I haven’t format the iPhone, i told him since I’m not sure he’s gonna buy the phone that after payment i erase everything including the iCloud on it. I collected it back from him immediately and put the iPhone in my pocket.
So, he told me he’s sending the money through internet transfer I told him no problem. I gave him my account no which he-confirmed the name on the account,it was correct.
After some seconds, he said he has transferred the money of wish I haven’t received. Immediately I logged in into my internet banking nothing was there. After like 10 min i told him I haven’t seen the money he was claiming he has sent it that it was the bank network which I already knew he’s a scammer. He was telling he’s a rich man that he’s having over 10m in his account that 150k is a chicken change to him.
After like 25 minute, he said he having some appointment that the money will enter it’s just a network problem probably because of yesterday holiday that I should erase the iCloud and hand over the phone to him, which I objected and i told him until his payment reflects in my internet banking I won’t hand over the phone to him
Immediately i told him to chill, that I want make a call, when he heard that he was a bit nervous. I called my brother to come and meet me at the location. I told to wait for my brother, he said I shouldn’t worry again that when the money enter I should call him to come and pick up the phone i was trying to delay him but i think he already knew I’m aware of his tricks immediately he drove off since yesterday’s night I haven’t seen the alert ooo this is his phone no ‭0902 611 5478‬

same happened to me at ibadan. the idiot thought I will leave d laptop with them without confirmation of alert. I just they look the fools.
Re: I Was About To Be Scammed On Jiji Yesterday by hustla(m): 9:18pm On Aug 31, 2018
AIREGIN360:
dont be naive there is no way money that reflects on your mobile app can disappear, it can never ever ever happen, all this is just fake alert, try and educate yourself and not argue what you know nothing about.

Lwkm
So they don't flash money in people's accounts?
You're the one who needs tons of education so they won't scam you. They even do it in the US with banks bigger than the likes of gtbank and Zenith

My friend said exactly the same thing until they scammed him

Dey there dey argue Bro
Re: I Was About To Be Scammed On Jiji Yesterday by hustla(m): 9:19pm On Aug 31, 2018
itiswellandwell:
@ AIREGIN360,thanks for helping me enlightening him. I just dey wonder. If such could ever happen. Online banking or transfer go done end tey tey.

Bro them dey flash account
This one no be Fake alert at all, real flashing of account wey money go enter and you'll check and see it there
Re: I Was About To Be Scammed On Jiji Yesterday by afolabia143: 9:25pm On Aug 31, 2018
AIREGIN360:
they der make pant they wear u.. old format wen men done dey do since .. it's like double spend in block chain

1 Like

Re: I Was About To Be Scammed On Jiji Yesterday by elpiro: 9:34pm On Aug 31, 2018
that account flashing works for real,I do think it is usually in partnership with some bank staff. I may be wrong though
Re: I Was About To Be Scammed On Jiji Yesterday by itiswellandwell: 9:48pm On Aug 31, 2018
elpiro:
that account flashing works for real,I do think it is usually in partnership with some bank staff. I may be wrong though

You are very right. The way hustla was saying it, he's saying it like a one man stuff. I actually know of that of usa, Canada and even UK and that's been on for long but that of Nigeria own isn't that common and if victim should pursue such case, the bank accomplice can be fished out. Saying this based on an experience. Hustla, sorry for the miscomprehension. Now that I understood, what you are saying is actually true. For one area like that, you need to see the nos of male bankers wey dey live that area and the nos of yahoo boys wey dey there too. Mheeennn, the way wey they take dey run things. Drink, womanise etc. So, they fit dey do such level together.
Re: I Was About To Be Scammed On Jiji Yesterday by voyy: 10:10pm On Aug 31, 2018
hustla:

Bro them dey flash account
This one no be Fake alert at all, real flashing of account wey money go enter and you'll check and see it there

just leave them, till it happens to them.... no nid to argue.
Re: I Was About To Be Scammed On Jiji Yesterday by voyy: 10:33pm On Aug 31, 2018
what i do is this: i have 2 accounts, i have one with less than 1k balance and the other with my all my cash. so once u re patronising me, i will give u d account with less than 1k balance. so if u do a fake alert by flashing my account, i will take u to the nearest atm or pos center and try to withdraw 1k or 2k ... so if its flashin of account, it will write insufficient fund .... and dats where i will burst d scammer nd embarrass him/her.
hope u all ve learnt from this.

5 Likes

Re: I Was About To Be Scammed On Jiji Yesterday by hustla(m): 10:39pm On Aug 31, 2018
voyy:

just leave them, till it happens to them.... no nid to argue.

grin
Re: I Was About To Be Scammed On Jiji Yesterday by solaiphones: 8:08am On Sep 01, 2018
hustla:

O ja ti je e grin
Yes you are right about that yahoo boys do this they will go to an unknown area to commit this crime. They will go to a store buy lot of things even restaurant. It’s called flashing of account but the fullz is usually expensive that’s reason it’s not that common among local scammers. I have seen alot of these. Even some stores don’t accept transfer again they prefer POS
Re: I Was About To Be Scammed On Jiji Yesterday by solaiphones: 8:13am On Sep 01, 2018
AIREGIN360:
Bro it’s happening ooooooo
Re: I Was About To Be Scammed On Jiji Yesterday by Nobody: 8:52am On Sep 01, 2018
U didn’t check the number on truecaller?

Re: I Was About To Be Scammed On Jiji Yesterday by solaiphones: 9:04am On Sep 01, 2018
tumababa:
U didn’t check the number on truecaller?
So he’s even a debtor aah nawa ooooo
Re: I Was About To Be Scammed On Jiji Yesterday by Rebornhombre: 9:05am On Sep 01, 2018
itiswellandwell:

They do flash account
Re: I Was About To Be Scammed On Jiji Yesterday by solaiphones: 9:07am On Sep 01, 2018
Rebornhombre:

They do flash account
Yes you are right but it’s very expensive
Re: I Was About To Be Scammed On Jiji Yesterday by henrixx(m): 9:08am On Sep 01, 2018
hustla:

dont be so naive. How can money reflect and then be deducted. Only the bank can do that. That's just a fake alert. Simple

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Will Buy icloud-locked Iphone xsmax/Xs/Xr/X/8+/8/7+/7 / Like New Samsung Galaxy Note 8. 110k / Uk Used S10 128GB Dual Sim For Sale SOLD!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.