Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,043 members, 7,825,312 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 11:25 AM

5 Sure Rules For Wearing Men’s Suit - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / 5 Sure Rules For Wearing Men’s Suit (15379 Views)

Nigerian Man Harasses Nigerian Lady For Wearing A Short Dress Abroad / Lady Embarrassed For Wearing Skimpy Dress On The Road / Woman Denied From Entering CBN Abuja Office For Wearing This (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Sure Rules For Wearing Men’s Suit by dynamic006(m): 3:27pm On Aug 23, 2018
strangest:
I totally disagree with the tie and pocket square having different colours... it doesnt look good just like the picture you posted... now examine this one that i posted and reconfirm why it is essential for both to have the same colour
Plain tie should be on strip shirt.
Re: 5 Sure Rules For Wearing Men’s Suit by yaksman22(m): 3:27pm On Aug 23, 2018
Ssssss
Re: 5 Sure Rules For Wearing Men’s Suit by chukzyfcbb: 3:27pm On Aug 23, 2018
Op its not that matching ties and pocket fillers are wrong. No, that's incorrect!

Its just that to stay different and classy, ITS SUGGESTED that one should match the tie with something entirely different just to stand out.

Don't say that its Incorrect to match tie and pocket filler, because that's a pure lie!

1 Like

Re: 5 Sure Rules For Wearing Men’s Suit by HajimeSaito(m): 3:28pm On Aug 23, 2018
czarina:
where's that gif from? If you don't mind

From Imgur.com
Re: 5 Sure Rules For Wearing Men’s Suit by holyfather(m): 3:28pm On Aug 23, 2018
soberdrunk:
I don't know why the fashion industry likes to discriminate against we pot-bellied men, why don't they ever use use pot-bellied models to market suits, i am a pot-bellied brother and meeeennnhhhh when i step out in that 3-piece i be looking like an African /Italian Mob boss....... cool cool
I'd like to see what you really look like. No pun intended angry grin grin
Re: 5 Sure Rules For Wearing Men’s Suit by chukzyfcbb: 3:28pm On Aug 23, 2018
strangest:
I totally disagree with the tie and pocket square having different colours... it doesnt look good just like the picture you posted... now examine this one that i posted and reconfirm why it is essential for both to have the same colour
actually it does look good matching with different colours, the pic u just posted is just basic and not even so appealing.
Re: 5 Sure Rules For Wearing Men’s Suit by Originality007: 3:29pm On Aug 23, 2018
soberdrunk:
I don't know why the fashion industry likes to discriminate against we pot-bellied men, why don't they ever use use pot-bellied models to market suits, i am a pot-bellied brother and meeeennnhhhh when i step out in that 3-piece i be looking like an African /Italian Mob boss....... cool cool

grin grin bro i feel ur pain
Re: 5 Sure Rules For Wearing Men’s Suit by CanineOfJackal: 3:59pm On Aug 23, 2018
I love my blazers. I'm planning on tailoring two new ones this week.

I also prefer tailoring my blazers because nobody cares about the brand you wore rather people care about the fit of the suit on you
Re: 5 Sure Rules For Wearing Men’s Suit by brixton: 4:04pm On Aug 23, 2018
Thank u
Re: 5 Sure Rules For Wearing Men’s Suit by GreatManBee: 4:05pm On Aug 23, 2018
Opinionated:

Suit is essential in every guy’s wardrobe. Before you start shopping, Jumia, Nigeria’s No. 1 shopping destination, shares some tips for wearing the right and perfect men’s suit.

Double-button for business

Those looking to pull off a more professional look or those who want to show more professionalism at work are advised to opt for a double-button suit, preferably with notched lapels to maximize the formality of the suit.

Vests can add a touch of class

Wearing a vest has the power to transform what is essentially a fairly normal suit into something a bit special. It’s also a great way to stay warm and, works in both formal and casual settings.

Pocket squares should never match the tie

One of the key rules of suit wearing is to avoid choosing the same colour pocket square as your tie. Instead, your tie and pocket square should both be distinctive yet still complimenting each other for the optimum look.

Accessorise with modesty

Suit accessories such as cufflinks, tie bars and even wrist watches undoubtedly add something unique to your look. However, going too overboard can leave you looking like you are trying too hard to impress.

Match your belt with your shoes

Another simple, yet often unheeded rule of suits is that your belt should be the same colour as your shoes. A thin leather belt will always look smart and befitting no matter what kind of suit you have on.

Source: 5 Sure Rules For Wearing Men’s Suit

Nice!
Re: 5 Sure Rules For Wearing Men’s Suit by lawalosky(m): 4:11pm On Aug 23, 2018
YorubaAssasin:
How many NL guys sabi afford suit sef? undecided

OP... Abeg, waka far joor! angry

Our bend-down select, okirika shirt and trousers dey alright! grin
Ma niggar

1 Like

Re: 5 Sure Rules For Wearing Men’s Suit by Batworks: 5:22pm On Aug 23, 2018
Oh...so you want to use just one picture to buttress not using same colour for pocket pad and tie..
I disagree with that....nice post thi
Re: 5 Sure Rules For Wearing Men’s Suit by Batworks: 5:22pm On Aug 23, 2018
Oh...so you want to use just one picture to buttress not using same colour for pocket pad and tie..
I disagree with that....nice post tho!
Re: 5 Sure Rules For Wearing Men’s Suit by czarina(f): 5:45pm On Aug 23, 2018
HajimeSaito:

From Imgur.com
ok thanks but I meant the movie or whatever it was extractor from?
Re: 5 Sure Rules For Wearing Men’s Suit by czarina(f): 5:45pm On Aug 23, 2018
HajimeSaito:

From Imgur.com
ok thanks but I meant the movie or whatever it was extracted from?
Re: 5 Sure Rules For Wearing Men’s Suit by eodavids(m): 6:02pm On Aug 23, 2018
Opinionated:

Suit is essential in every guy’s wardrobe. Before you start shopping, Jumia, Nigeria’s No. 1 shopping destination, shares some tips for wearing the right and perfect men’s suit.

Double-button for business

But

Those looking to pull off a more professional look or those who want to show more professionalism at work are advised to opt for a double-button suit, preferably with notched lapels to maximize the formality of the suit.

Vests can add a touch of class

Wearing a vest has the power to transform what is essentially a fairly normal suit into something a bit special. It’s also a great way to stay warm and, works in both formal and casual settings.

Pocket squares should never match the tie

One of the key rules of suit wearing is to avoid choosing the same colour pocket square as your tie. Instead, your tie and pocket square should both be distinctive yet still complimenting each other for the optimum look.

Accessorise with modesty

Suit accessories such as cufflinks, tie bars and even wrist watches undoubtedly add something unique to your look. However, going too overboard can leave you looking like you are trying too hard to impress.

Match your belt with your shoes

Another simple, yet often unheeded rule of suits is that your belt should be the same colour as your shoes. A thin leather belt will always look smart and befitting no matter what kind of suit you have on.

Source: 5 Sure Rules For Wearing Men’s Suit

Thanks op.
But why did you show the picture of a one-button suit, instead of the two buttons you are projecting as smarter and better?
Isn't that an inconsistency?
Re: 5 Sure Rules For Wearing Men’s Suit by TissuePaper: 6:12pm On Aug 23, 2018
HajimeSaito:
Dress well, but don't try to overdo it. If you keep it simple it works out well. If you try to overdo anything, you may not get away with it.....

[img]https://i./3NnWC.gif[/img]
bro I couldn't stop laughing to this.. Aswear grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Sure Rules For Wearing Men’s Suit by Sammyimpostor: 6:35pm On Aug 23, 2018
Here to learn
Re: 5 Sure Rules For Wearing Men’s Suit by SeKTo(m): 6:52pm On Aug 23, 2018
crunchyg:
5 sure ways Buhari to win the 2019 election would have been a nice topic
so we cannot talk about other things or live our lives because they are doing election next year, people should really stop using election to comment on non election related posts
Re: 5 Sure Rules For Wearing Men’s Suit by crunchyg: 9:25pm On Aug 23, 2018
SeKTo:
so we cannot talk about other things or live our lives because they are doing election next year, people should really stop using election to comment on non election related posts
Sai baba all the way
Re: 5 Sure Rules For Wearing Men’s Suit by DEHVEHLOP(m): 9:55pm On Aug 23, 2018
Suit na for educated people dem...

We for South East no dey go school so e no consan us!

We fit be illiterates but we dey rich wella
Re: 5 Sure Rules For Wearing Men’s Suit by iamkingzlee(m): 11:19pm On Aug 23, 2018
soberdrunk:
lmao grin
Re: 5 Sure Rules For Wearing Men’s Suit by seunfape(m): 7:24am On Aug 24, 2018
Who suggested the ruke,guy I get my own rule .
Re: 5 Sure Rules For Wearing Men’s Suit by Greenback: 3:24pm On Aug 26, 2018
DEHVEHLOP:
Suit na for educated people dem...

We for South East no dey go school so e no consan us!

We fit be illiterates but we dey rich wella
Correct. Igbo Amaka.

Na only malu/cows and dung mallams sabi.
You be correct Igbo guy grin

Any mallam wey talk against Igbo anyhow,na amadioha go faya am.
Re: 5 Sure Rules For Wearing Men’s Suit by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jun 01, 2019
Just appealing m8 lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (Reply)

Olofa Palace Is D Most Beautiful Palace In Nigeria / How Will You React When You See Someone Wearing The Same Clothes As Yours? / Popular Water Based Moisturizers For My Oily Skin That I Can Afford

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.