Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,362 members, 7,819,308 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:07 PM

The Blind Lover-episode 5(the End) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Blind Lover-episode 5(the End) (367 Views)

The Blind Lover(A story of love and pain)-EPISODE 4 / The Man I Married - Episode 5 / Short Story : The Monk And The Blind Millionaire. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Blind Lover-episode 5(the End) by stblessing(f): 8:48pm On Aug 23, 2018
Episode 5
Toby stared downwards on the floor. He was covered with wounds and bruises from the torture he was getting. Its been three days since Toby and Mary have been kidnapped by the dreaded cultists. Mary was raped until she bled while Toby was given serious torture.
On this particular day however,he was lucky. One of the kidnappers had left his phone on a nearby table and had gone out to drink. Toby noticed it and moved his chair towards the direction of the table. He picked up the phone,dialed lillian's number and called her.
Lillian was lying down on her foam,head facing upwards and thinking when her phone rang. She took the phone
"Hello?"
"Hello Lillian,its me Toby"
"Christ Jesus!"Lillian exclaimed"Toby!,where are you?what happened?"
"No time for explanations. Listen,you have to go to the police now with KC. We are some where around bush street in an unco...aahh!"Toby yelled and the line went off.
"Toby!Toby!!lillian quickly got up and ran outside.
Meanwhile,Toby's nappers must have thought that Toby tipped them off so they decided to kill him that day. They brought him in an open space in the building and brought Mary out to" watch" his demise. They tied Toby to a pillar as Mary was in tears.
"Do you know what killed Judas Iscariot?"Funsho began"betrayal. Judas betrayed his master and he ended up killing himself. The only difference between you and Judas is that,you,will be killed."He laughed"Douglas!come out here and finish him". Douglas stepped out with a rifle in his hand. He was shaking all over. Could he kill his best friend?"Do it!!"Funsho commanded and Douglas aimed the gun. After staring for some time,he placed his hand on the trigger and was about to pull when Mary suddenly ran in front of Toby and blocked his way. To late!,she was shot on the left arm. It was at that moment that she was able to see again. It was as if time paused. All stared at the angel lying down in pain on the floor
"Maryyyyyy!!!!"Toby screamed and struggled out of the ropes. He knelt down and carried his lover on his hand admist tears. Mary placed her hand on his cheek,smiled and closed her eyes in death
"No no noooooooo!!"Toby continued to scream"please don't go!!don't gooo..I love you so much"toby said and cried. Funsho,who had been staring at the whole scenario in shock,finally spoke"w..well!what are you waiting for?do it!!!!"And Douglas aimed again when the police,Lillian and KC suddenly burst in. They quickly defeated the cultist and rounded them up. When Lillian saw her friend,dead and in a pool of blood,she almost fainted while KC almost ran mad. They couldn't believe ever gentle Mary was gone,forever.
Mary was buried in her hometown admist tears and bitterness. Everyone knew Mary as a kind God-fearing girl." Why do the good ones always have to go?"They asked. It was only Toby that didn't attend the burial. The shame was to much for him to bear. He felt it was all his fault. He came later in the night after the burial where he paid his last respects and spent the night.
After that night,Toby never came out of his room again. He was very depressed and emotionally ill. Many family and friends tried to contact him but he switched off his phone.
It was a month after that,that Toby called Lillian. She was shocked
"Hello Toby. What's going on with you?your line has been switched off and we've tried to call you"
"I want you to come to my house now"Toby said in a dull and scary voice
"Why?,are you ok?"
"Just come...now"he said and cut the phone. Lillian became scared. She took her bag and ran to his house. When she arrived,she knocked several times,but no answer. It took the intervention of some neighbors to break open the door and what they saw would give many nightmares for life. His body was dangling on a rope attached to a ceiling fan. Toby,had killed himself. Lillian just knelt down and cried as neighbors just sighed and murmured. After some hours,his body was taken down and his house cleared out when lillian came across a letter
"Dear Lillian
I'm sorry you have to see this,
I know you must be very angry
With me because I'm the cause
Of your best friends death. But
Its ok. I loved her too and there
Is no way I'm going to spare myself
When I know that the only woman
I loved in the world died all because
Of me. So,I'm ending it. Hope you
Forgive me"

Toby"

Lillian read the letter and wept. O!what a tragedy.

Side note: Love they say is truly blind
THE END

(1) (Reply)

Girl Escapes Parking Fines After She Wrote A Poem The Authorities, They Replied / 10 Ways An Author Can Promote And Market A Book In Nigeria / N10,000 Each To Winners On Story Writing Competition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.