Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,708 members, 7,816,912 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:02 PM

Seven Armed Robbers Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Ondo State - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Seven Armed Robbers Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Ondo State (383 Views)

Court Sentences Three Kidnappers To Death By Hanging In Rivers / Two Armed Robbers Sentenced To Death In Akwa Ibom / 8 Nigerian Robbers Sentenced To Death In UAE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Seven Armed Robbers Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Ondo State by theJournalng(m): 8:51pm On Aug 23, 2018
Seven armed robbers have been sentenced to death by hanging in Ondo state High Court on, Akure.

The convicted gun men, who have been sentenced to death by hanging, were reported to be involved in the killing of Banji Adafin, an American-based businessman, who return to Nigeria for vacation.

The seven convicts: Jimoh Sodiq a.k.a Akamo, Yomi Balogun a.k.a Regal, Oluwaseun Oluwalola a.k.a Iyan, Blessing Ogunlade, Akeem Adedayo, Sodiq Babatunde and Oso John Omoniyi a.k.a Bosco were found guilty of armed robbery, illegal possession of firearms and conspiracy to commit murder.

The eighth offender, Damilola Samuel a.k.a Mama, who was the girlfriend of one of the convicts was also sentenced to one-year imprisonment, for allegedly aiding the culprit.

The armed robber reportedly attacked and killed, the deceased in the presence of his wife, before carting away valuables on July 4th, 2017, at No. 5 Temidire street, Muyiwa Oni Avenue along Akure\Owo expressway, Akure.

In a four-hour court judgement, the trial judge, Justice Samuel Bola held that the officials of the Department of State Services (DSS) and prosecuting counsel had proved beyond reasonable doubts that the seven accused men are culpable in the death of late Banji Adafin.

Justice Bola explained that the offenders committed the offences in contravention of the Criminal Code, laws of Ondo state (2006) and the Robbery and Firearms Act, laws of the Federation (2004).

The defense counsels, Abdulrahman Yusuf and Samuel Aiyesa, In their reaction to the judgement, said that the judgement would be appealed after it was reviewed.

Meanwhile during the trial, Abimbola Adafin, the wife of the deceased, had given a clear description of how the armed robbers invaded their home and killed her husband.

“l was inside the bedroom with my husband and daughter when l heard Hannah Temitope (a relative) and Deborah Petti (a housemaid) suddenly scream at the top of their lungs which made me rush out of the bedroom to the living room,” she told the court.

“When I got to the sitting room, I saw why the two women screamed. They were held at gunpoint by two armed robbers.

“When I saw the armed robbers, I panicked and ran back to the room. Unknown to me, the armed robbers had gained access inside the house through the kitchen door.”

Source: jornalng.com

https://journalng.com/2018/08/23/seven-armed-robbers-sentenced-death-hanging-ondo-state/
Re: Seven Armed Robbers Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Ondo State by KingSatan: 8:59pm On Aug 23, 2018
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Impressive.

More Blood to Suck kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

(1) (Reply)

Mother Sells Six-week-old Baby, Buys Phone With Proceeds / 23-year-old Lady Sells Six-week-old Baby, Use Money To Buys Mobile Phone / Alfa Asked Me To Bring Human Heart, Hands For Money Ritual – Suspect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.