Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,446 members, 7,830,227 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:13 PM

Dear Hustler Next Door - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Dear Hustler Next Door (324 Views)

The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) / The Lover Next Door II / The Girl Next Door (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dear Hustler Next Door by Kamzygists(m): 8:52am On Aug 24, 2018
Dear hustler next door,

I hope this finds you well.
To be born poor is default, dying when you are still poor is a choice. I am the typical free thinker who would rather cry in a Benz than laugh on a bicycle. Any lady who says that money doesn’t matter,dump her. Turn to the voices in my head. In my head is a series of doubts and uncertainties; Is Education really the key to success? Are there other hidden keys that weren’t mentioned? How did Bill Gates and Paul Allen defy this law? What exactly defines success?
Where many born great or was it archived
For years (I am just 16plus) I sought answers to each question. I went to school like everyone else (I am still a student), Read as many books, tabloids, magazines as I could, traveled the world in the comfort of my parents and myself and finally figured it out. This article is meant for twenty or so year olds who are stuck in between establishing their own legacy or conforming to the stereotypical wisdom of the ages. It can also do if you are hungry for success, as I am. How do you define success? Everyone has their own description of what their ideal life is. It could be fame, power, a house, lots of money. I don’t know, answer the question and keep reading. In other words, doing what you love, finding a way to get big bucks for it, spending big bucks on yourself and voila! Sustaining your lifestyle. If all the work you are putting on planet earth isn’t geared towards any of the three, you must be an alien. Philanthropy you say? You can never give what you do not have. Education, since time immemorial, has been the key to success. All of you in campus must agree that a broke semester is worse than a dog-bite *sigh* Blame it on my dog-phobia…Eureka! Those talents you have been sitting on can pay the bills. Singing, writing, plaiting, name it! I get all psyched up to attending Mr and Miss Africa beauty pageant, largely attributed to the talent showcasing than the annoying cold of the night. Young entrepreneurship around campus is more than meets the eye, whilst the drive is owed to tough economic conditions, all I see is young Chris Kirubi. Talking hasn’t paid any less than motivation, radio presenters are not exempted. Hold up! Everyone gets paid to talk. However, your portfolio is built on the wisdom of the words you speak. And Education comes in, Talent is fine, a learned artist is a bonus. Every learned musician gets more respect from society than an unlearned one does. Education gives you network, connects your thinking to great minds and the world as a whole. It broadens your capacity to execute ideas, and get into people’s minds, know what they want and communicate your way to the bank. We do know most people are stuck to jobs they do not love for reasons we do not know. How many times have you encountered a bitter nurse? The resentment we accrue from doing things we do not love but are expected to only disfavor whoever we are servicing. Yet again, education may also be the slowest road to success. Embrace your education as you do your talent. Somewhere in between the career of your choice and society expectations, you will find solace in something you love. To my ordinary hustlers, do what you love.

Yours faithfully,
Hustler in charge.

The last son of the gods
. #De_Confer

(1) (Reply)

SINTA: Drunk Barber / 7 Ways To Become A Better Writter / Nigeria At 58

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.