Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,437 members, 7,836,755 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:20 PM

Nigerian Feminist Narrates How She Avoided Kneeling For Her Husband Durin Weddin - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerian Feminist Narrates How She Avoided Kneeling For Her Husband Durin Weddin (359 Views)

Feminist Allegedly Loses Husband To Her Non Feminist Friend / Women Did Not Come From Men's Ribs - Nigerian Feminist Says / "My Mom Walked Me Down The Aisle" - Lady Who Avoided Kneeling At Her Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Feminist Narrates How She Avoided Kneeling For Her Husband Durin Weddin by Oracleofinfo: 8:54am On Aug 24, 2018
Canada based Nigerian feminist narrates how she avoided kneeling for husband during traditional marriage

Canada based Nigerian feminist narrates how she avoided kneeling for husband during traditional Wedding.

A Nigerian woman based in Toronto has told of how she challenged cultural norms by choosing not to kneel down for her husband during her traditional marriage, and that Nigerian men are mad about it.

The gorgeous Yoruba bride said she and her husband spoke to the coordinators (Alagas) ahead of the wedding and asked that they do not ask her to kneel for her husband. The wedding day came and it was the way the bride and groom wanted it. There was no mention of submission and she didn’t have to kneel.

She said her sister also took a stand at her own wedding which took place earlier this week.

SHe wrote;

“Speaking of submission, during my Yoruba engagement, my husband and I told the Alagas to not use that word or ask me to kneel for him. Everyone told me it wouldn’t be possible because of culture. But guess whose knees didn’t touch the ground?”
FULL STORY AND THE TRADITIONAL WEDDING PICTURES IN THE LINK BELOW
https://www.informationorbit.com/canada-based-nigerian-feminist-narrates-how-she-avoided-kneeling-for-husband-during-traditional-marriage/

Re: Nigerian Feminist Narrates How She Avoided Kneeling For Her Husband Durin Weddin by Caseless: 8:55am On Aug 24, 2018
Stupid girl!

She should not have gotten married in the first place. She should create a deek for herself.

Re: Nigerian Feminist Narrates How She Avoided Kneeling For Her Husband Durin Weddin by Shelumiel: 9:11am On Aug 24, 2018
Mark my words , this marriage is already bound to failure .
Re: Nigerian Feminist Narrates How She Avoided Kneeling For Her Husband Durin Weddin by chiommy123(f): 9:28am On Aug 24, 2018
Her marriage will fail cos she didn't kneel for her husband who obviously agreed with her. Tell me something

(1) (Reply)

"Misty Mornin' / ** Beware Of Baby MAMA And Baby Daddy Saga# / COURT MARRIAGE (what's Your Take?)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.