Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,813 members, 7,956,075 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:22 AM

Drake Vs Eminem - Thank Him Now - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Drake Vs Eminem - Thank Him Now (1849 Views)

Lil Wayne Vs Eminem, Who Do U Prefa? / 2pac Vs Eminem......2012 Final Mc Bracket Espn / Kanye West Vs. Eminem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Drake Vs Eminem - Thank Him Now by MilkyEnt: 1:58pm On Jun 26, 2010
Rapper Drake didn't accomplish the one million first week sales he anticipated moving but will be credited with the highest selling album for the 2010 year thus far with his debut album "Thank Me Later." According to Soundscan, Toronto's native , http://www.urbanworldtv.com/article.php?id=3366

Re: Drake Vs Eminem - Thank Him Now by Genuflect(m): 2:55pm On Jun 26, 2010
Wait till next week when they announce how much Em sold in his first week
Re: Drake Vs Eminem - Thank Him Now by eldee(m): 3:11pm On Jun 26, 2010
Genuflect:

Wait till next week when they announce how much Em sold in his first week

Come on . . . for a debut album in this torrent era, that's exceptional.

Besides Eminem sales on Relapse just proves that he doesn't need to drop sumn good to sell records.
Re: Drake Vs Eminem - Thank Him Now by Genuflect(m): 3:21pm On Jun 26, 2010
eldee:

Come on . . . for a debut album in this torrent era, that's exceptional.

Besides Eminem sales on Relapse just proves that he doesn't need to drop sumn good to sell records.
I'm not implying that Drake didn't try. I just think it's too early to say he has the highest selling album of the year especially when Eminem just dropped his own record too
Re: Drake Vs Eminem - Thank Him Now by mcbhydemi: 7:21pm On Jun 26, 2010
I disagree with @eldee because
Artist usually have their highest sales early in their career, they tend to start fallin in sales when pple start getting tired of their styles, c the hype drake has behind him, u only have this kind of hype once in ur career.
Relapse lyrics wasn't below par, the accents spoilt it for me
Eminem is projected to sell 700k.
Re: Drake Vs Eminem - Thank Him Now by eldee(m): 8:13pm On Jun 26, 2010
mc_bhydemi:

I disagree with @eldee because
Artist usually have their highest sales early in their career, they tend to start fallin in sales when pple start getting tired of their styles, c the hype drake has behind him, u only have this kind of hype once in your career.
Relapse lyrics wasn't below par, the accents spoilt it for me
Eminem is projected to sell 700k.

Nah . . . in recent times, your first album is usually the one that people don't trust.
You only get a good fanbase after that. . . Kanye, Lil Wayne, 50 Cent and other big sellers of the 2000s did better after their debut efforts.

Drake's sales are super-impressive, 50Cent sold 872,000 before the days of piracy.
Re: Drake Vs Eminem - Thank Him Now by Genuflect(m): 8:58pm On Jun 26, 2010
eldee:

Nah . . . in recent times, your first album is usually the one that people don't trust.
You only get a good fanbase after that. . . Kanye, Lil Wayne, 50 Cent and other big sellers of the 2000s did better after their debut efforts.

Drake's sales are super-impressive, 50Cent sold 872,000 before the days of piracy.
Actually nah, Drake had way too much buzz so you can't blame the listeners. Through out last year, pesin no hear word. Drake this, Drake that. Guest appearances, endorsements by bigger artists, a good record label, he even performed his song at the Grammy's, everybody was so looking forward to the album. It really looked like this album was gonna blow up more. So that issue of trust doesn't apply with him. I still think 450k is okay for him tho. If he wanted more, then enu e ti fe niyen
Re: Drake Vs Eminem - Thank Him Now by hax: 5:10pm On Jun 27, 2010
That's nice.

Pop sells.

(1) (Reply)

Fans Annoyed At Dbanj's Koko Concert / Lyrics: Woju Remix By Kiss Daniel Feat Davido And Tiwa Savge - Niaja Lyrics Zone / Ycee - AHAHN (a Young M.A Cover)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.