Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,332 members, 7,811,971 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:17 AM

Tope Mark-odigie Gives Clarity On Her Statement That Men Own Women - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Tope Mark-odigie Gives Clarity On Her Statement That Men Own Women (23597 Views)

Yul Edochie Replies Critics On 2nd Wife, Says 'Real Men Own Up' / Francis Odigie Calls Out Dumez Edo, Her Baby Daddy (Video) / Why Omotola Jolade Is A Big FOOL For Her Statement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tope Mark-odigie Gives Clarity On Her Statement That Men Own Women by Nobody: 8:20pm On Aug 24, 2018
Tallesty1:
I said the same thing sometime ago and people called for my hand(they can't have my head) . Nigeria women that ask for equality in marriage after her family collected thousands from her husband in the name of marriage/bride price are deceiving themselves.

Let's analyze marriage in Nigerian way.

Step 1. You asked for a girl's hand in marriage and she accepts.

Step 1. You do introduction.

Step 3. You fix date for the traditional marriage and her people bill you heavily.

Step 4. If if you bring the items in the list and they're satisfied with what you brought and the bride price or selling price, you can sugar coat it bride price to make them feel better.

Step 5. They will hand their Daughter over to you and she changes her name immediately. That's change of ownership for you.

If the above scenario doesn't appear to you as pure business arrangement and transaction then I don't know what will.

You own what you pay for. Even a kid knows that

Well thought out, well written.

4 Likes

Re: Tope Mark-odigie Gives Clarity On Her Statement That Men Own Women by Bawizzo(m): 8:21pm On Aug 24, 2018
Tallesty1:
I said the same thing sometime ago and people called for my hand(they can't have my head) . Nigeria women that ask for equality in marriage after her family collected thousands from her husband in the name of marriage/bride price are deceiving themselves.

Step 3. You fix date for the traditional marriage and her people bill you heavily.

Step 4. If if you bring the items in the list and they're satisfied with what you brought and the bride price or selling price, you can sugar coat it bride price to make them feel better.

Step 5. They will hand their Daughter over to you and she changes her name immediately. That's change of ownership for you.

If the above scenario doesn't appear to you as pure business arrangement and transaction then I don't know what will.

i agree with dat
Re: Tope Mark-odigie Gives Clarity On Her Statement That Men Own Women by ofuonyebi: 8:21pm On Aug 24, 2018
you got it all wrong with all you human calculation...

you cannot change what GOD...the creator has ordained....they are simply one....JESUS is LORD!

1 Like

Re: Tope Mark-odigie Gives Clarity On Her Statement That Men Own Women by hopexter(m): 8:21pm On Aug 24, 2018
This is the only thing left to add value to the devalued end time girls in marriage pls don't take this from them. embarassed
Re: Tope Mark-odigie Gives Clarity On Her Statement That Men Own Women by mannobi(m): 8:21pm On Aug 24, 2018
See as women dey attack her because of her statement. Even jumoke, a cohost was vehemently opposing her. We still love you ewa-bella. Keep it up
Re: Tope Mark-odigie Gives Clarity On Her Statement That Men Own Women by johnmattew: 8:25pm On Aug 24, 2018
i keep saying it,most of our youths, especially the ones on social media have lost it....the rate of understanding is close to zero.thwy allow bloggers to deceive the with false headlines.

the tvc woman was clearly protesting and criticising against our cultural practice but bloggers with their out-of-context headlines decided to twist it.....I doubt if lindaikeji moderators understood what you meant with the statement b4 jumping into conclusion

many bloggers got low IQ

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tope Mark-odigie Gives Clarity On Her Statement That Men Own Women by tosyne2much(m): 8:27pm On Aug 24, 2018
Sadly, that's the way it's going to be
Re: Tope Mark-odigie Gives Clarity On Her Statement That Men Own Women by dominique(f): 8:31pm On Aug 24, 2018
Until women stand up against this evil practice called bride price, men will continue to see them as their property and treat them as such

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tope Mark-odigie Gives Clarity On Her Statement That Men Own Women by Eponyeeboz: 8:32pm On Aug 24, 2018
Women own which men?

In Imo State, Rochas has passed a law that prohibits bride price from exceeding 10k. I'm sure they would give you invoice and receipt sef.

1 Like

Re: Tope Mark-odigie Gives Clarity On Her Statement That Men Own Women by Eponyeeboz: 8:34pm On Aug 24, 2018
dominique:
Until women stand up against this evil practice called bride price, men will continue to see them as their property and treat them as such

You're an unenlightened noise machine.

In India, women pay dowry to men.
I'm sure dumb feminists in India are wishing for what you want to throw away foolishly.
Re: Tope Mark-odigie Gives Clarity On Her Statement That Men Own Women by ednut1(m): 8:37pm On Aug 24, 2018
Eponyeeboz:

You're an unenlightened noise machine.

In India, women pay dowry to men.
I'm sure dumb feminists in India are wishing for what you want to throw away foolishly.
in uk do they pay bride price Y use india.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tope Mark-odigie Gives Clarity On Her Statement That Men Own Women by Eponyeeboz: 8:40pm On Aug 24, 2018
Tallesty1:

When you buy land, you get c of o.
When you buy car, you get change of ownership.
When you buy a wife, you get marriage certificate.
If women don't like it, they should stop collecting bride price, dowry and stop presenting marriage lists to men.

Useless women that can't fight boko haram would be making noise online. They should be equal with men by going to fight boko rams.

4 Likes

Re: Tope Mark-odigie Gives Clarity On Her Statement That Men Own Women by Eponyeeboz: 8:42pm On Aug 24, 2018
ednut1:
in uk do they pay bride price Y use india.

She wants a stop to collection of bride price and give her an example of an alternative universe which she can consider.
Re: Tope Mark-odigie Gives Clarity On Her Statement That Men Own Women by Lanruze: 8:44pm On Aug 24, 2018
Ugly Woman.... I don't like her one bit...

Her husband will soon start to show her attitude and she won't know is from her stupid and childish comments.

She has a happy home instead of protecting it she spews trash on her instagram page every second.....

Goat!!!

Once you are married your husband owns you and your respect for him will make him adore you and love you even more.

Wise Women accept it and use as a tool to keep their homes.

I have deleted the Ugly beast from my instagram page.

� Women better don't be deceived by somebody who will not practice what she preaches in her own home. Let her father the liver, effontry and temerity to try it with her husband and she'll be back in her father's house.

Africans have a far lower rate of divorce from the West cos of this singular virtue.

Mugu Woman..

2 Likes

Re: Tope Mark-odigie Gives Clarity On Her Statement That Men Own Women by styless(f): 8:52pm On Aug 24, 2018
Read about her once on www.dnbstories.com
Re: Tope Mark-odigie Gives Clarity On Her Statement That Men Own Women by isahsalee: 8:52pm On Aug 24, 2018
stane007:
TVC Presenter Tope Mark-Odigie, has given clarity on her controversial statement that men own women.

Tope in a post she shared on her social media handle this evening, said she does not in anyway support this idea where women are objectified and handed over as some property to men as our culture dictates. She says she hopes that the comments will help bring to the fore the need for this cultural mindset to be expunged.

Read post below;

“I have seen multiple tweets, comments, prayers and curses.

Let me set the records straight.

My comments on the show depict the reality of our society, which I don’t agree with, but is our TRUTH.
It is our CULTURE, we don’t need to like it, but we must not play ostriches.

We must face it head on and address it.

As long we celebrate the buying of women (in the name of TRADITIONAL WEDDING) our men will feel entitled to do whatever pleases them with their possessions.

We must change this negative culture that has perpetually “OBJECTIFIED” women.

Culture has evolved over many generations.
We have continually expunged parts that do not serve us – like the killing of twins and albinos.

It is time to expunge seeing women as Properties .
It is time to expunge buying and selling of women.
It’s time to expunge all violence against women.”

Source: https://lailasnews.com/tope-mark-odigie-gives-clarity-on-her-statement-that-men-own-women/

Lalasticlala

Are you done talking? I am your father, now you're 35 years of age, the western culture that you're making us to recognize also stipulates that, if a child is 18+ yrs of age he/she shall become independent and most not continue living with parents.

In this regard, please kindly pack your loads and leave my house before I open my eyes. Stupid girl.
Re: Tope Mark-odigie Gives Clarity On Her Statement That Men Own Women by AkupeMBANO(m): 8:56pm On Aug 24, 2018
Gabrie300:
Fucking Feminist You all shall die
fact
Re: Tope Mark-odigie Gives Clarity On Her Statement That Men Own Women by Nobody: 9:01pm On Aug 24, 2018
I own my wife and all she owns. Period. If not, the long list that was given to me wouldn't have been given.

She moves into my house,changes her name and serves me.

You can't have two captains in a ship.

She does my bidding because I am the head of the home.

I shower her with love while she submits.

4 Likes

Re: Tope Mark-odigie Gives Clarity On Her Statement That Men Own Women by Nobody: 9:04pm On Aug 24, 2018
Ishilove:
This lady does say a lot of shiit

Can't believe this is coming from a fellow lady.. did you comprehend the post at all??

In economics, a commodity is defined as anything that can be purchased with money . Since men pay before marrying women in Nigeria, you can't say that men don't own you.

The moment a man pay your bride price irrespective of the price you are his property.

Re-read her post and think carefully.
In essence what she's trying to say is that until this practice is stopped men won't stop thinking they own their women or entitled to their wives bodies.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tope Mark-odigie Gives Clarity On Her Statement That Men Own Women by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 9:09pm On Aug 24, 2018
I watched the programme today and Tope was kind of realistic.
I support Nyma and Jumoke's view on the issue discussed today.
And as Tope said if you cannot go with the rules don't do traditional wedding so that I won't hear those stupid rules she listed which some Nigerians believe especially once the traditional is done they believe another human is their property.That is why I would rather have a registry marriage only no time for elaborate or big things and spending unnecessary money(in my opinion) on wedding and have my honeymoon in Madagascar or Mauritius,family's opinion is secondary I done dey tell them small small for house.

4 Likes

Re: Tope Mark-odigie Gives Clarity On Her Statement That Men Own Women by Nobody: 9:09pm On Aug 24, 2018
dominique:

Truer words have never been spoken.

The fact that some ladies are even insulting her shows that most Nigerian ladies are the problem.

If they don't stand up to fight this evil act, it won't stop.

2 Likes

Re: Tope Mark-odigie Gives Clarity On Her Statement That Men Own Women by JuanDeDios: 9:16pm On Aug 24, 2018
But what is Tope Mark-Odigie? Or you mean Tope Odigie?
Re: Tope Mark-odigie Gives Clarity On Her Statement That Men Own Women by ferking(m): 9:17pm On Aug 24, 2018
she is correct women need to stand up for their right as human not to be proud to be bought as a good product, i will buy my woman before it's stop so that i will have authority over her,she must be my property no law can deny that.

1 Like

Re: Tope Mark-odigie Gives Clarity On Her Statement That Men Own Women by Edusouls(m): 9:28pm On Aug 24, 2018
yes we own women,not only that, we guide and mould them to our taste and our choice of how she should live her entire life, to our own satisfaction. Without man a woman is worthless just like green grasses on the field,you see nature and not men made it so..
Re: Tope Mark-odigie Gives Clarity On Her Statement That Men Own Women by Newboss(m): 9:35pm On Aug 24, 2018
isahsalee:

Are you done talking? I am your father, now you're 35 years of age, the western culture that you're making us to recognize also stipulates that, if a child is 18+ yrs of age he/she shall become independent and most not continue living with parents.

In this regard, please kindly pack your loads and leave my house before I open my eyes. Stupid girl.
You mean the Western culture stipulates that?
I love social media because it reveals the ignorance of people.

Keep getting your information from Tom and Jerry angry
Re: Tope Mark-odigie Gives Clarity On Her Statement That Men Own Women by OlufemiWhit(m): 9:36pm On Aug 24, 2018
Ishilove i'm very disappointed about y comment....... you could have made a more sensible comment Dan dat shiiit......read and understan b4 you comment

2 Likes

Re: Tope Mark-odigie Gives Clarity On Her Statement That Men Own Women by PDPGuy: 9:40pm On Aug 24, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
I watched the programme today and Tope was kind of realistic.
I support Nyma and Jumoke's view on the issue discussed today.
And as Tope said if you cannot go with the rules don't do traditional wedding so that I won't hear those stupid rules she listed which some Nigerians believe especially once the traditional is done they believe another human is their property.That is why I would rather have a registry marriage only no time for elaborate or big things and spending unnecessary money(in my opinion) on wedding and have my honeymoon in Madagascar or Mauritius,family's opinion is secondary I done dey tell them small small for house.

Well, the issue with your idea is that a lot of Nigerian pastors will say your marriage isn’t recognized by God if you don’t go through the traditional rites.
Re: Tope Mark-odigie Gives Clarity On Her Statement That Men Own Women by Spartan1203(m): 9:44pm On Aug 24, 2018
statusquoante:
Finally, Your View makes it to Nairaland.
She has 3 sons... smiley

Modified:
Just watched the repeat broadcast.
She was just playing the devil's advocate.

Dullards everywhere.
This is the only person that got what went down on that show. Classic devil's advocate
Re: Tope Mark-odigie Gives Clarity On Her Statement That Men Own Women by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:03pm On Aug 24, 2018
PDPGuy:

Well, the issue with your idea is that a lot of Nigerian pastors will say your marriage isn’t recognized by God if you don’t go through the traditional rites.

Oga I do not even plan on having a church wedding I don't go to church so which pastor wan see me tell me story I don't believe in all that.The day I told my aunt,mom and friends about this my idea of registry only they said the same thing and I responded with wetin concern me concern church.As long as my marriage (civil marriage)is legally recognized by the law every other thing does not matter
Once we do the registry marriage the money when I for use invite crowd I go use am go Madagascar or Mauritius depending on the one when cheap pass for honeymoon.
When that time comes I would stand my ground I done dey talk am for house small small.
I just want it small and simple not when I would do traditional,white and one uncle or aunty I do not now would want to come and collect something as part of bride price or whatever to me brideprice means you are buying the woman and I nor be anybody property .

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tope Mark-odigie Gives Clarity On Her Statement That Men Own Women by PDPGuy: 10:18pm On Aug 24, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:

Oga I do not even plan on having a church wedding I don't go to church so which pastor wan see me tell me story I don't believe in all that.The day I told my aunt,mom and friends about this my idea of registry only they said the same thing and I responded with wetin concern me concern church.As long as my marriage (civil marriage)is legally recognized by the law every other thing does not matter
Once we do the registry marriage the money when I for use invite crowd I go use am go Madagascar or Mauritius depending on the one when cheap pass for honeymoon.
When that time comes I would stand my ground I done dey talk am for house small small.
I just want it small and simple not when I would do traditional,white and one uncle or aunty I do not now would want to come and collect something as part of bride price or whatever to me brideprice means you are buying the woman and I nor be anybody property .

Wow.

You’re one brave Naija woman. I salute you for standing your ground.
Re: Tope Mark-odigie Gives Clarity On Her Statement That Men Own Women by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:22pm On Aug 24, 2018
PDPGuy:

Wow.

You’re one brave Naija woman. I salute you for standing your ground.

Thank you.
On that day I would definitely stand my ground it is my life and choice and na my money and future hobby money we go take do registry make I see one uncle or aunty when go put mouth tell me how to do my own wedding I have already started telling them and who has ears must listen.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tope Mark-odigie Gives Clarity On Her Statement That Men Own Women by Ishilove: 11:08pm On Aug 24, 2018
OlufemiWhit:
Ishilove i'm very disappointed about y comment....... you could have made a more sensible comment Dan dat shiiit......read and understan b4 you comment
And who exactly are you?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Emem Ison's Twin Dedication: Olu Jacobs, Rita Dominic, Chioma Akpotha Attend / J Martins Fights Show Promoters In United States (Video) / Seyi Shay Looking Sleek & Sexy In New Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.