Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,091 members, 7,814,801 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:07 PM

NCDMB Offers N76bn Intervention Funds To Support Local Companies - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / NCDMB Offers N76bn Intervention Funds To Support Local Companies (5007 Views)

Accessing Cbn Intervention Funds / Coronomics: CBN Slashes Interest Rates For Intervention Funds To 5% / Abia State: Receipt And Management Of Intervention Funds (bailout And Paris Club (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NCDMB Offers N76bn Intervention Funds To Support Local Companies by ManirBK: 9:51pm On Aug 24, 2018
As part of efforts to grow the economy and support local companies, the Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board (NCDMB) has made available $200 million (about N76 billion) as intervention fund through loans.
by SaharaReporters, New YorkAug 24, 2018
As part of efforts to grow the economy and support local companies, the Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board (NCDMB) has said it has made available $200 million (about N76 billion) as intervention fund through loans.
Simbi Wabote, NCDMB Executive Secretary, stated this in Yenagoa, the Bayelsa State capital, on Friday, at a capacity building workshop for Energy and Business Correspondents, entitled: 'NCDMB and the Nigerian Content Intervention Fund'.
Represented by Isaac Iyalah, the Director, Finance and Personnel Management, the Executive Secretary revealed that, so far, about 45 applications had been received.
While 11 applications have been approved, he noted that $11 million had also been released to the qualified beneficiaries.
http://saharareporters.com/2018/08/24/ncdmb-offers-n76bn-intervention-funds-support-local-companies

1 Like

Re: NCDMB Offers N76bn Intervention Funds To Support Local Companies by ManirBK: 9:51pm On Aug 24, 2018
May God bless the government and increase their wisdom in tackling poverty in nigeria. cursing a government that will occupy aso rock till 2023 is counter productive. we also ask that the enemies of this country start to loose whats dearest to them. na pray I dey pray for my country o, if u no like am, I dey my house, come and beat me.

8 Likes

Re: NCDMB Offers N76bn Intervention Funds To Support Local Companies by alizma: 9:55pm On Aug 24, 2018
good news
Re: NCDMB Offers N76bn Intervention Funds To Support Local Companies by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:05am On Aug 25, 2018
Good development
Re: NCDMB Offers N76bn Intervention Funds To Support Local Companies by Pabloosas(m): 7:05am On Aug 25, 2018
grin
Re: NCDMB Offers N76bn Intervention Funds To Support Local Companies by medexico(m): 7:07am On Aug 25, 2018
some people will say it is because of election.

1 Like

Re: NCDMB Offers N76bn Intervention Funds To Support Local Companies by Dididrumz(m): 7:08am On Aug 25, 2018
PAPER TALK....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NCDMB Offers N76bn Intervention Funds To Support Local Companies by Neofingerz: 7:09am On Aug 25, 2018
Abeg
Re: NCDMB Offers N76bn Intervention Funds To Support Local Companies by don4real18(m): 7:10am On Aug 25, 2018
If this wouldn't be politicized as usual, then it is a good initiative
Re: NCDMB Offers N76bn Intervention Funds To Support Local Companies by qanda: 7:11am On Aug 25, 2018
Good
Re: NCDMB Offers N76bn Intervention Funds To Support Local Companies by clarocuzioo(m): 7:11am On Aug 25, 2018
Same way NYSC allawee was increased.

1 Like

Re: NCDMB Offers N76bn Intervention Funds To Support Local Companies by pilarnig(m): 7:14am On Aug 25, 2018
This man want use goodies kill us?

IPad and PDP right now...

Re: NCDMB Offers N76bn Intervention Funds To Support Local Companies by Eponyeeboz: 7:14am On Aug 25, 2018
The only way Ipob pigs can benefit is if there's a special fund for kidnappers, fraudsters, armed robbers and baby factory operators.
Re: NCDMB Offers N76bn Intervention Funds To Support Local Companies by Realdeals(m): 7:16am On Aug 25, 2018
Why wasn't the announcement not made officially, it's a sign of fraud, man know man sharing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NCDMB Offers N76bn Intervention Funds To Support Local Companies by israelmao(m): 7:22am On Aug 25, 2018
Figures are being thrown up this day as make-believe everybody knows elections are around the corner.If you can,just cash in on anyone that is true please do because this is the best time to get politicians' attentions and also the time you can be heard and listened to.

1 Like

Re: NCDMB Offers N76bn Intervention Funds To Support Local Companies by seunfly: 7:31am On Aug 25, 2018
I have two problems with this news.

No 1) Poeple will not make any attempt to access this fund to improve their own life and the country at large, rather they will sit down, look for bad things about the government and Nigeria as whole to blame and condemn.

No 2) Some scrupulous element in government, agency handling the money and politicians from both sides ( religion, political party, ethnicity and ideology) will do every to frustrates common man from accessing the loan so that they can easily and quietly steal it.

1 Like

Re: NCDMB Offers N76bn Intervention Funds To Support Local Companies by Primusinterpares(m): 7:31am On Aug 25, 2018
I am a Nigerian and I need a job with one of these oil company via these local content act.

I don't know any senetor, governor, house of rep member, or big oga at the top... I only know God.

I am a graduate of Mechanical Engineering, am Sharp, smart, articulate, and I have some interesting couple of years experience in the industry.

1 Like

Re: NCDMB Offers N76bn Intervention Funds To Support Local Companies by franchasng: 7:33am On Aug 25, 2018
Jagajaga talk, always writing rubbish no evidence to show real implementation and effect on the economy and positive effect on the lives of real Nigerians angry
Re: NCDMB Offers N76bn Intervention Funds To Support Local Companies by nobosaba(m): 7:35am On Aug 25, 2018
ManirBK:
As part of efforts to grow the economy and support local companies, the Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board (NCDMB) has made available $200 million (about N76 billion) as intervention fund through loans.
As part of efforts to grow the economy and support local companies, the Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board (NCDMB) has said it has made available $200 million (about N76 billion) as intervention fund through loans.
Simbi Wabote, NCDMB Executive Secretary, stated this in Yenagoa, the Bayelsa State capital, on Friday, at a capacity building workshop for Energy and Business Correspondents, entitled: 'NCDMB and the Nigerian Content Intervention Fund'.
Represented by Isaac Iyalah, the Director, Finance and Personnel Management, the Executive Secretary revealed that, so far, about 45 applications had been received.
While 11 applications have been approved, he noted that $11 million had also been released to the qualified beneficiaries.
http://saharareporters.com/2018/08/24/ncdmb-offers-n76bn-intervention-funds-support-local-companies

Na only hear we take dey hear?

Una go write something, una nor go find the time write how we go take apply.
Re: NCDMB Offers N76bn Intervention Funds To Support Local Companies by Donpenny(m): 8:16am On Aug 25, 2018
Nice gesture if this is true if it is not propaganda as usual or some kind of political gimmick gear towards winning 2019 election
Re: NCDMB Offers N76bn Intervention Funds To Support Local Companies by Nobody: 8:36am On Aug 25, 2018
ManirBK:

Election campaign
Re: NCDMB Offers N76bn Intervention Funds To Support Local Companies by larride(m): 9:01am On Aug 25, 2018
PrecisionFx:

Election campaign

You mean Sahara reporters, Sowore own company is campaigning for Buhari and APC? That’s a new one

2 Likes

Re: NCDMB Offers N76bn Intervention Funds To Support Local Companies by Makawhizzy: 10:16am On Aug 25, 2018
ManirBK:
May God bless the government and increase their wisdom in tackling poverty in nigeria. cursing a government that will occupy aso rock till 2023 is counter productive. we also ask that the enemies of this country start to loose whats dearest to them. na pray I dey pray for my country o, if u no like am, I dey my house, come and beat me.
The pool of funds will provide loans to Nigerian companies involved in manufacturing in the oil and gas industry as well as firms seeking to acquire assets, especially rigs and marine vessels. Beneficiaries will get a maximum of $10m, repayable after five years at eight percent interest rate.

The NCI Fund will also cover contract financing for Nigerian oil service providers, contract financing for oil and gas community contractors and contract and loan refinancing for service companies that already have facilities with Nigerian banks.

The Fund will be disbursed directly by the BOI, with community contractors able to access N20m which they will repay with five percent interest.

Speaking at the event, Minster of State for Petroleum Resources, Dr. Ibe Kachikwu called on financial institutions, oil companies and other stakeholders to grow the Nigerian Content Intervention Fund to $1bn.

He said, “The Fund needs to be sizeable to finance big ticket items. We will work internally, first to get BOI to contribute its counterpart funding. I also expect the oil industry to contribute. I will like to see investments drives that will bring in Foreign Direct Investments into this Fund. “

The minster also called for transparent disbursement, geographical spread and application to different segments of the industry.

How does that include ordinary Nigerians who need loans of N50,000-N300,000 to do business?
Re: NCDMB Offers N76bn Intervention Funds To Support Local Companies by Makawhizzy: 10:18am On Aug 25, 2018
seunfly:
I have two problems with this news.

No 1) Poeple will not make any attempt to access this fund to improve their own life and the country at large, rather they will sit down, look for bad things about the government and Nigeria as whole to blame and condemn.

No 2) Some scrupulous element in government, agency handling the money and politicians from both sides ( religion, political party, ethnicity and ideology) will do every to frustrates common man from accessing the loan so that they can easily and quietly steal it.
Check the official website and you will see those the loans are meant for. It's same rich class
Re: NCDMB Offers N76bn Intervention Funds To Support Local Companies by ifdaeg(m): 10:20am On Aug 25, 2018
I own a pharmaceutical company that employs 162 Staff. How can someone access the loan, what is the address of the agency?
Re: NCDMB Offers N76bn Intervention Funds To Support Local Companies by Ademat7(m): 1:38pm On Aug 25, 2018
wow! what a great effort,much respect for your job creation prowess
ifdaeg:
I own a pharmaceutical company that employs 162 Staff. How can someone access the loan, what is the address of the agency?
Re: NCDMB Offers N76bn Intervention Funds To Support Local Companies by jesmond3945: 2:34pm On Aug 25, 2018
Why supporting an already obsolete industry while such an amount can drive innovation in ICT.
Re: NCDMB Offers N76bn Intervention Funds To Support Local Companies by panicacid: 5:58pm On Aug 25, 2018
my own is how can one apply for this loan?, why only oil and gas sectors

(1) (Reply)

Group Wants EFCC To Investigate Investments and Securities Tribunal (IST) / Empty Cosmetic Lotion Bottles/cosmetic Containers / Nigeria’s Public Debt Hits N97.34 Trillion, Rises By 10.7%

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.