Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,963 members, 7,817,838 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:51 PM

Raising Broilers For Personal Consumption - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Raising Broilers For Personal Consumption (793 Views)

The Best Breeds For mini poultry for personal Consumption. Suggestions needed pl / Dont Be Fooled, Here Is A Practical Cost Analysis Of Raising 100 Layer Birds / Raising Broilers; My Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Raising Broilers For Personal Consumption by Floryangel8: 12:15pm On Aug 25, 2018
Looking at the price of meat and broilers I tried raising 15 broilers for 9 weeks. It came out well altogether 2.5 bags of feed.
Pictures below

Re: Raising Broilers For Personal Consumption by Asquare84(m): 12:56pm On Aug 25, 2018
This good if you have deep freezer you can slaughter them and keep them in the frerzer . You can decide to be eating one per week. Before you finish consumption you can still rear another to keep the circle going

1 Like

Re: Raising Broilers For Personal Consumption by Floryangel8: 3:09pm On Aug 25, 2018
My husband suggested that too. But thinking of feeding more to attain maximum weight. Might think of that sha.
quote author=Asquare84 post=70596505]This good if you have deep freezer you can slaughter t
hem and keep them in the frerzer . You can decide to be eating one per week. Before you finish consumption you can still rear another to keep the circle going[/quote]
Re: Raising Broilers For Personal Consumption by Asquare84(m): 3:17pm On Aug 25, 2018
Floryangel8:
My husband suggested that too. But thinking of feeding more to attain maximum weight. Might think of that sha.
quote author=Asquare84 post=70596505]This good if you have deep freezer you can slaughter t
hem and keep them in the frerzer . You can decide to be eating one per week. Before you finish consumption you can still rear another to keep the circle going

From the pix your sheared I think it may be advisable your follow your husband advice in other to avoid more cost another thing is that you did not share your experience in terms of mortality rate

1 Like

Re: Raising Broilers For Personal Consumption by kunleweb: 7:57pm On Aug 25, 2018
Floryangel8:
Looking at the price of meat and broilers I tried raising 15 broilers for 9 weeks. It came out well altogether 2.5 bags of feed.
Pictures below

Excellent
Re: Raising Broilers For Personal Consumption by Floryangel8: 2:31am On Aug 26, 2018
No mortality.

From the pix your sheared I think it may be advisable your follow your husband advice in other to avoid more cost another thing is that you did not share your experience in terms of mortality rate[/quote]
Re: Raising Broilers For Personal Consumption by kunleweb: 4:50am On Aug 26, 2018
Floryangel8:
Pictures below

How many times did you feed them daily/week? and what quantity of feed did you feed them with? Mind sharing?
Re: Raising Broilers For Personal Consumption by Floryangel8: 3:58pm On Aug 26, 2018
Seriously I didn't measure, but as they grow I was increasing it. If I check food is empty I put again.
Re: Raising Broilers For Personal Consumption by kunleweb: 4:34pm On Aug 26, 2018
Floryangel8:
Seriously I didn't measure, but as they grow I was increasing it. If I check food is empty I put again.

is it twice you feed them daily?
Re: Raising Broilers For Personal Consumption by Floryangel8: 11:37am On Aug 27, 2018
Morning and evening. Water constantly

(1) (Reply)

Broilers Have Cough / Increase Your Egg Output And Meat Output By 20% / Start Your Meat Processing Cow, Chicken,pork,lamb And Goat Is A Good Busines

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.