Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,859 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread - Car Talk (207) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread (446412 Views)

A Look At 2019 Armoured Mercedes-Maybach S560,Official Car Of President Buhari / So Buhari's Official Car Na Boi Boi Sef... / Donald Trump's Official Car "The Beast": 15 Amazing Facts You May Not Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) ... (259) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by OfficialDJ: 8:40am On Oct 31, 2021
adeniyy:
Good day every, which car can you recommend for a first timer in Nigeria having a budget of 5m.
Thanks
2014 Honda accord

4 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by adeniyy(m): 9:46am On Oct 31, 2021
OfficialDJ:
2014 Honda accord
But why Honda. Least on my mind out of the popular brands angry sad

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by OfficialDJ: 9:55am On Oct 31, 2021
adeniyy:

But why Honda. Least on my mind out of the popular brands angry sad
great ride quality. Balanced on all fours.
Great aesthetics.
Premium interior feel with a good engine.
2.4 litre cylinder produces a fairly okay 185 horsepower, and you can't go wrong with it.

If you're looking for more power, go for the 3.5 litre v6 with 285hp.
A head-Turner when it's properly maintained and cleaned.

Plus, the notoriety of Hondas having leg issues was fixed.

8 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by emmaak2(m): 10:55am On Oct 31, 2021
OfficialDJ:
Great aesthetics.
2.4 litre cylinder produces a fairly okay 185 horsepower, and you can't go wrong with it.

Can I send u a message via email sir?

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by OfficialDJ: 11:01am On Oct 31, 2021
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by lagusboyyy(m): 11:14am On Oct 31, 2021
adeniyy:
Good day every, which car can you recommend for a first timer in Nigeria having a budget of 5m.
Thanks
2012-14 Toyota Camry.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by emmaak2(m): 11:54am On Oct 31, 2021
OfficialDJ:

Hope u see the mail Sir?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by adeniyy(m): 2:11pm On Oct 31, 2021
[quote author=emmaak2 post=107211652][/quote]
The leg issue is one of the thing that put Honda off my mind. But you recommending and adding that it has been fixed, I would love to go for it. Unfortunately, even Nigerian used is more than 5m sad sad sad

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by adeniyy(m): 2:12pm On Oct 31, 2021
[quote author=emmaak2 post=107211652][/quote]

The leg issue is one of the thing that put Honda off my mind. But you recommending and adding that it has been fixed, I would love to go for it. Unfortunately, even Nigerian used is more than 5m sad sad sad
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by adeniyy(m): 2:13pm On Oct 31, 2021
OfficialDJ:
Great aesthetics.

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Aaaaarghmed(m): 2:28pm On Oct 31, 2021
adeniyy:

if you dont like the honda,go for Rx330 .abeg just forget that camry 2012 things.

3 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Winnerly: 2:53pm On Oct 31, 2021
Aaaaarghmed:
if you dont like the honda,go for Rx330 .abeg just forget that camry 2012 things.

What of 2014 avalon?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by dadabashua1(m): 3:48pm On Oct 31, 2021
adeniyy:

exactly that particular Honda make sense die bro,for real,and the leg issues has being fixed,but its expensive can't get it at the price of 5M,just like you said even some Nigerian used are more than the 5M,consider Lexus like someone has suggested.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Winnerly: 3:56pm On Oct 31, 2021
dadabashua1:
exactly that particular Honda make sense die bro,for real,and the leg issues has being fixed,but its expensive can't get it at the price of 5M,just like you said even some Nigerian used are more than the 5M,consider Lexus like someone has suggested.

How about 014 avalon?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by dadabashua1(m): 4:01pm On Oct 31, 2021
Winnerly:

How about 014 avalon?
not a bad option either,just that Avalon only comes in V6 version as against other brands that has 4 cylinders options,but over all personally I will pick 2014/Camry over it due to personal preference even though some respected car sites also rate the 2014 Camry over the 2014 Avalon, Avalon is one Toyota brand that has not been well accepted in Nigeria when compared to other Toyota brands,although its far more luxurious than the Camry and in most cases made of more premium qualities.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Winnerly: 4:04pm On Oct 31, 2021
dadabashua1:
not a bad option either,just that Avalon only comes in V6 version as against other brands that have 4 cylinders options,but over all personally I will pick 2014/Camry over it due to personal preference even though some respected car sites also rate the 2014 Camry over the 2014 Avalon, Avalon is one Toyota brand that has not been well accepted in Nigeria when compared to other Toyota brands,although its far more luxurious than the Camry and in most cases made of more premium qualities.

Interesting insight. To make a pick between the 2014 Avalon and 2012 benz ml 350, which would be better? Currently in this dilemma
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by 9icetoo(m): 4:16pm On Oct 31, 2021
Winnerly:

What of 2014 avalon?
Not in the same price range. That's about 8m
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by dadabashua1(m): 4:27pm On Oct 31, 2021
Winnerly:

Interesting insight. To make a pick between the 2014 Avalon and 2012 benz ml 350, which would be better? Currently in this dilemma
two different classes here,SUV and sedan cheesy,and the Benz will cost you more to purchase.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by dadabashua1(m): 4:32pm On Oct 31, 2021
9icetoo:

Not in the same price range. That's about 8m
true, that's another point to consider.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by adeniyy(m): 4:40pm On Oct 31, 2021
Aaaaarghmed:
Can a poor man like me maintain Rx330 considering replacement of parts and fuel consumption. I live in the North where I need to speed past some were bandits. Please help me out my good people
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Aaaaarghmed(m): 5:02pm On Oct 31, 2021
adeniyy:

Can a poor man like me maintain Rx330 considering replacement of parts and fuel consumption. I live in the North where I need to speed past some were bandits. Please help me out my good people
yes ,if you can shell out 5m for a car,you shud be able to maintain rx330.of you need a sedan you can go for honda evil spirit 2012
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by OfficialDJ: 5:38pm On Oct 31, 2021
adeniyy:

and the list goes on.

Check jiji.

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ade95: 6:15pm On Oct 31, 2021
What’s your verdict on Volvo S60 2012 guys . Waiting your kind reply

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by 735i(m): 8:45pm On Oct 31, 2021
Winnerly:

How about 014 avalon?

Way more expensive. 5m won't buy am issue free naija used.

If you get to drive that Avalon, you'll be hooked!!

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Sufisunni: 9:16pm On Oct 31, 2021
Hi! What is the likely price of Corolla le price foreign used?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by OfficialDJ: 9:40pm On Oct 31, 2021
Sufisunni:
Hi! What is the likely price of Corolla le price foreign used?
2.3-2.4
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Winnerly: 10:09pm On Oct 31, 2021
735i:

Way more expensive. 5m won't buy am issue free naija used.

If you get to drive that Avalon, you'll be hooked!!

There’s something about that car. It just screams class

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by olumzzz(m): 5:07am On Nov 01, 2021
ade95:
Valarinz, you have a call
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ade95: 10:08am On Nov 01, 2021
ade95:

Awaiting your inputs guys…. That car looks sleek
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ibrash600: 3:39pm On Nov 01, 2021
Good day everyone, between Camry 2005 and Lexus es330 which would you recommend for first timer?? Thanks
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Aaaaarghmed(m): 4:35pm On Nov 01, 2021
ibrash600:
Good day everyone, between Camry 2005 and Lexus es330 which would you recommend for first timer?? Thanks
for first timer wud recommend d Camry because of its fuel consumption better than es330 and you fit use am learn but Lexus es330 is better that that camry.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ade95: 7:08pm On Nov 01, 2021
ade95:

(1) (2) (3) ... (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) ... (259) (Reply)

How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.