Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,962 members, 7,852,250 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 02:38 PM

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread - Car Talk (232) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread (454265 Views)

A Look At 2019 Armoured Mercedes-Maybach S560,Official Car Of President Buhari / So Buhari's Official Car Na Boi Boi Sef... / Donald Trump's Official Car "The Beast": 15 Amazing Facts You May Not Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) ... (260) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nymphomaniac(m): 12:47pm On Oct 03, 2022
zera:
Hi guys,

I plan on getting a Honda car. I have someone who wants to sell Nigeria used Honda accord 2003, it's clean, first body, but I read lot of reviews about the car. I heard Honda's from 2000-2003 do have leg issues, transmission etc.

Is it advisable to go for the honda accord 2003 and also I plan on using it more frequently.
make sure you are going with a sound mechanic who will check the engine and transmission and confirm both as ok. If possible, scan the car. As for the ball joint problem, it’s a problem with the accord up to 2007. You will hear the signs when it starts to go bad. My advise is to fix an original ball joint that will last really long for you after you have gotten the car.

All the best.

Don’t buy if car isn’t sound.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Aaaaarghmed(m): 3:50pm On Oct 03, 2022
zera:
Hi guys,

I plan on getting a Honda car. I have someone who wants to sell Nigeria used Honda accord 2003, it's clean, first body, but I read lot of reviews about the car. I heard Honda's from 2000-2003 do have leg issues, transmission etc.

Is it advisable to go for the honda accord 2003 and also I plan on using it more frequently.
its a good and reliable car.but why not get 2004 upwards.If you can avoid the 2003 and get upwards model.Do your checks and use better ball joint and drive in peace.It worked for me

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by phnibeogu: 3:55pm On Oct 03, 2022
how reliable is a 2018 acura ilx vs a 2014 Honda accord
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by phnibeogu: 4:05pm On Oct 03, 2022
nurey:

Honda accord
Hyundai Genesis
Honda civic
Lexus ES
Toyota corolla
Acura TSX, TL, ILX Etc
please what can u tell me about the ilx any red flags ?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by seanfer(m): 4:08pm On Oct 03, 2022
phnibeogu:

some body parts can be hard and expensive to get....
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by phnibeogu: 4:11pm On Oct 03, 2022
seanfer:

some body parts can be hard and expensive to get....
but is it reliable?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by seanfer(m): 4:14pm On Oct 03, 2022
phnibeogu:

but is it reliable?

It should be reliable ... Acura is the luxury version brand of Honda..
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 5:23pm On Oct 03, 2022
phnibeogu:

please what can u tell me about the ilx any red flags ?

It is based on the 2011 yo 2017 civic sedan. Depends on what engine you are buying, comes in 2.0L, 2L and 1 5L plus electric motor (hybrid). I did say stick to the 2.0 and 2.4L due to technical know how.

Should be reliable considering it's a more rushed up civic. But body parts may be expensive it's a rare ride
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by phnibeogu: 5:46pm On Oct 03, 2022
nurey:

It is based on the 2011 yo 2017 civic sedan. Depends on what engine you are buying, comes in 2.0L, 2L and 1 5L plus electric motor (hybrid). I did say stick to the 2.0 and 2.4L due to technical know how.

Should be reliable considering it's a more rushed up civic. But body parts may be expensive it's a rare ride

thanks
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by royalair(m): 12:34am On Oct 04, 2022
I'm thinking of getting a Mazda 3 or Mazda 6 sedan 2004-2007 Please how durable are these cars

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by jceesquare(m): 9:39pm On Oct 08, 2022
Hustlersdiary:

Does this mean the Avalon rides as smooth as the es? Does it have soft suspensions like the es as well?
Same car, different skin.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by freezyprinzy(m): 2:02am On Oct 09, 2022
phnibeogu:
I don’t know about the Acura but the accord is 10/10 very reliable and parts are readily available. Get the v6.

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by dadabashua1(m): 7:54am On Oct 09, 2022
freezyprinzy:
I don’t know about the Acura but the accord is 10/10 very reliable and parts are readily available. Get the v6.
that model of accord is so reliable so tey you struggle to find negatives to use against it grin,but if he can get the 016 model,ha ya ya cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by freezyprinzy(m): 10:47pm On Oct 09, 2022
dadabashua1:
that model of accord is so reliable so tey you struggle to find negatives to use against it grin,but if he can get the 016 model,ha ya ya cheesy
Bruhhhhh if he can close eyes and buy the 016 work yaf finish.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by qloreal: 11:04pm On Oct 09, 2022
Guys please help me analyze this VIN history report

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by qloreal: 11:05pm On Oct 09, 2022

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Hustlersdiary: 11:37pm On Oct 09, 2022
jceesquare:

Same car, different skin.

Ehen, thanks.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Lovelynife(m): 2:32pm On Oct 13, 2022
Good afternoon my ogas. Please i need advise on nissan almeria (bank model). Is the car reliable? Learnt the engine is just 200k but gearbox is 500k. I want to buy manual drive though
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by dasanchez1(m): 11:25pm On Oct 19, 2022
nurey:

Please what's your assertion on Mitsubishi L200 sportero 2017 model?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 8:40am On Oct 20, 2022
dasanchez1:
Please what's your assertion on Mitsubishi L200 sportero 2017 model?

It's a good buy though, just take care of the engine
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by dasanchez1(m): 1:59pm On Oct 20, 2022
nurey:

It's a good buy though, just take care of the engine
thanks a lot
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by blackbone989(m): 5:12pm On Oct 20, 2022
Any thing to say about Altima 07-10 2.5l engine?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 10:07am On Oct 21, 2022
blackbone989:
Any thing to say about Altima 07-10 2.5l engine?

Manual transmission okay

CVT be weary
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ConAir(m): 11:52am On Oct 21, 2022
Good afternoon my beautiful people, please i need a cool comparison of these vehicles
Acura tsx 2005 and Mercedes Benz c230
Please i need comparison on
Realiability
Fuel economy
Low maintenance
Please i really appreciate a detailed analysis, thank you all.
Cc: nurey, heavenlybang and all great cartalkers.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 5:07pm On Oct 21, 2022
ConAir:
Good afternoon my beautiful people, please i need a cool comparison of these vehicles
Acura tsx 2005 and Mercedes Benz c230
Please i need comparison on
Realiability
Fuel economy
Low maintenance
Please i really appreciate a detailed analysis, thank you all.
Cc: nurey, heavenlybang and all great cartalkers.

Benz w203 is okay, but buy from 2005 to 2007 because of improvements in interior and all. Most people would agree on a NA engine than the turbo charged variants.

The Acura TSX is same as Accord of same year except it is more luxurious.

I have always loved the TSX and admire it, but the w203 too isn't bad though a bit smaller than the TSX and cramped in the back seat.

Reliability the TSX is tops, fuel economy any 4cylinder of both would do.

Low maintenance is on par to a degree

7 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ConAir(m): 9:33am On Oct 22, 2022
nurey:

Benz w203 is okay, but buy from 2005 to 2007 because of improvements in interior and all. Most people would agree on a NA engine than the turbo charged variants.

I have always loved the TSX and admire it, but the w203 too isn't bad though a bit smaller than the TSX and cramped in the back seat.

Thank you so much sir, please i read that acura tsx requires premium fuel, please will this affect the fuel consumption?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 10:54am On Oct 22, 2022
ConAir:
Thank you so much sir, please i read that acura tsx requires premium fuel, please will this affect the fuel consumption?

I am certain the 2005 acura TSX does not require premium gasoline. Though it maybe recommended but not required.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by TrebleChamp(m): 10:20am On Oct 23, 2022
nurey:

I hear all Acura vehicles need premium fuel to function optimally? Na wetin push me go Toyota be that, as their are only few Stations that sell Premium fuel in Nigeria....
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by TrebleChamp(m): 10:21am On Oct 23, 2022
nurey:

I am certain the 2005 acura TSX does not require premium gasoline. Though it maybe recommended but not required.
Didn't see this before quoting you earlier...
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 12:20pm On Oct 23, 2022
TrebleChamp:
I hear all Acura vehicles need premium fuel to function optimally? Na wetin push me go Toyota be that, as their are only few Stations that sell Premium fuel in Nigeria....

You can overcome the challenge using octane booster

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ConAir(m): 7:38am On Oct 24, 2022
nurey:

Thank you so much,i always enjoy your detailed analysis and your great contribution. GOD Bless you.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by dadabashua1(m): 8:29am On Oct 24, 2022
ConAir:
Thank you so much,i always enjoy your detailed analysis and your great contribution. GOD Bless you.
true nurey is truly doing a nice job,kudos to him.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) ... (260) (Reply)

How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.