Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,220 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:52 AM

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread - Car Talk (249) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread (446046 Views)

A Look At 2019 Armoured Mercedes-Maybach S560,Official Car Of President Buhari / So Buhari's Official Car Na Boi Boi Sef... / Donald Trump's Official Car "The Beast": 15 Amazing Facts You May Not Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) ... (259) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by whogoesthere: 12:46pm On Aug 04, 2023
nurey:

2010 to 2011 uses 2.5L 2ar engine. It looks like venza engine but venza is 2.7L 1ar.

Anybody in his right senses would pick 2010 upwards camry i4 with 2.5L than 07 to 09 i4 with 2.4L i4
Many thanks for your response boss. I'll just go for the 2010 camry then.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Tucode: 3:44pm On Aug 04, 2023
Subaru make really rugged cars and SUVs that are pitch perfect for our Nigeria roads such as the Forester, Outback and Impreza. But I’m quite surprised that they’ve not been able to make its way into the Nigerian market. I mean for a car brand that prides itself on building products for difficult driving terrains, they should be everywhere on our roads considering we have some of the worst roads for cars anywhere in the world! Why have Nigerians not accepted Subaru yet? Is it that they’re very unreliable? Do they have engine or electrical problems? Or it’s just a case of limited knowledge about the brand?

I’m presently on the lookout for a new compact/midsize SUV and I have been doing a lot of research on some of the best and affordable ones out there and I find the 2019 Subaru Forester quite interesting and impressive. Toyotas (RAV4 and Highlander) and Lexus of similar age, specs and features are just too pricey and that’s why I’m looking at cheaper alternatives.

So auto experts in the house, mechanics and car users and enthusiasts in the house, can you please drop your 2 cents on this matter? What is wrong with the Subaru?

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 9:18pm On Aug 05, 2023
Tucode:
Subaru make really rugged cars and SUVs that are pitch perfect for our Nigeria roads such as the Forester, Outback and Impreza. But I’m quite surprised that they’ve not been able to make its way into the Nigerian market. I mean for a car brand that prides itself on building products for difficult driving terrains, they should be everywhere on our roads considering we have some of the worst roads for cars anywhere in the world! Why have Nigerians not accepted Subaru yet? Is it that they’re very unreliable? Do they have engine or electrical problems? Or it’s just a case of limited knowledge about the brand?

I’m presently on the lookout for a new compact/midsize SUV and I have been doing a lot of research on some of the best and affordable ones out there and I find the 2019 Subaru Forester quite interesting and impressive. Toyotas (RAV4 and Highlander) and Lexus of similar age, specs and features are just too pricey and that’s why I’m looking at cheaper alternatives.

So auto experts in the house, mechanics and car users and enthusiasts in the house, can you please drop your 2 cents on this matter? What is wrong with the Subaru?

No parts in Nigeria. Abort mission if you can

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by kingreign(m): 9:05am On Aug 06, 2023
Tucode:

Hope you can deal with their flat engines?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Itsrm(m): 9:09am On Aug 06, 2023
Tucode:

If you can do your own repairs and it's not your only car, you have nothing to be worried about.

Lack of good mechanics, parts and resale value is why Nigerians don't buy it.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by chukel(m): 1:32pm On Aug 06, 2023
showietee:

I am in Abuja and the accord I have seen is from 4.7m above...

Don't just like all these Toyota carton, reason I am not really looking at Camry.... Have used several of them, especially the 2013 Camry, the moment you get to 120km the car becomes very light
go for a good BMW
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Tucode: 5:00pm On Aug 08, 2023
nurey:

No parts in Nigeria. Abort mission if you can

Okay. Mission hasn’t been activated yet. Oga Nurey could you please suggest to me alternatives to a Toyota RAV4 that’ll be equally reliable or close enough with good fuel economy, low maintenance cost and availability of parts. The 2018 RAV4 is just too pricey. 2017 Honda CRV is much cheaper and closer to my budget but the reviews about CVTs and then the complaints relating to their small 1.5l turbo engine are quite worrisome. Otherwise, the Honda fits almost perfectly to what I need which is great interior, great look, great gas mileage, nice features and from a popular brand known for reliability! What do you think sir?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Tucode: 5:02pm On Aug 08, 2023
kingreign:

Hope you can deal with their flat engines?

Not exactly! Can you suggest alternatives?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 5:15pm On Aug 08, 2023
Tucode:

Okay. Mission hasn’t been activated yet. Oga Nurey could you please suggest to me alternatives to a Toyota RAV4 that’ll be equally reliable or close enough with good fuel economy, low maintenance cost and availability of parts. The 2018 RAV4 is just too pricey. 2017 Honda CRV is much cheaper and closer to my budget but the reviews about CVTs and then the complaints relating to their small 1.5l turbo engine are quite worrisome. Otherwise, the Honda fits almost perfectly to what I need which is great interior, great look, great gas mileage, nice features and from a popular brand known for reliability! What do you think sir?

Honda CRV is even better than rav4 sef. Forget about CVT wahala honda perfected the tech since 2006 in honda city nah Nissan CVT dey give wahala. As for the 1.5Turbo engine if it was bad, the honda Accord won't be selling like hot Akara. In essence buy the CRV if you are comfortable with it.

Other notable mentions kia Sportage and Hyundai Tucson

6 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by obuneme: 7:49am On Aug 19, 2023
Oga nurey please between camry 011 and Acura TL 2014 which one can u recommend?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 1:52pm On Aug 19, 2023
obuneme:
Oga nurey please between camry 011 and Acura TL 2014 which one can u recommend?

Acura TL nah big man motor ooo, if you can be buying octane booster and maintenance cost plus parts replacement cost ain't an issue buy.

If you want simplicity then camry is better

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Registerforumj(f): 7:33pm On Aug 22, 2023
Good evening.
I’m about to get my first car and every useful advice will be appreciated. I’m an introvert hence I don’t have friends to consult.

Factors to consider:

I live in abuja and stay in town,the probability of me driving to an untareed road is low

My work requires me to move around alot within the city centre. (Sometimes my daily Uber fare ranges between 20-30k since the fuel hike)

I’ll be leaving the country in 2yrs time, hence I need the car for just 2yrs, I’ll most likely not sell it then.

I want something reliable, BUT FANCY

I want a car with low fuel consumption.

I hate cars with fabric seats

I was using a 2012 sonata and I Loved it, however it was an official car and maintenance cost was on the company, I would love to buy sane car, but nairaland review is scary.

I’m considering 2014 Elantra or Sonata…. But I keep hearing they’re not reliable.

Based on the above points what’s the best car you would advice I get.

Ps: THE BUDGET IS 5m
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 9:01pm On Aug 22, 2023
Registerforumj:
Good evening.
I’m about to get my first car and every useful advice will be appreciated. I’m an introvert hence I don’t have friends to consult.

Factors to consider:

I live in abuja and stay in town,the probability of me driving to an untareed road is low

My work requires me to move around alot within the city centre. (Sometimes my daily Uber fare ranges between 20-30k since the fuel hike)

I’ll be leaving the country in 2yrs time, hence I need the car for just 2yrs, I’ll most likely not sell it then.

I want something reliable, BUT FANCY

I want a car with low fuel consumption.

I hate cars with fabric seats

I was using a 2012 sonata and I Loved it, however it was an official car and maintenance cost was on the company, I would love to buy sane car, but nairaland review is scary.

I’m considering 2014 Elantra or Sonata…. But I keep hearing they’re not reliable.

Based on the above points what’s the best car you would advice I get.

Ps: THE BUDGET IS 5m

Acura CSX would have fit perfectly only it is an ultimate search.

Cars are now expensive sha may be an Elantra isn't bad though only that those GDI engines buy since nah 2years you are willing to use then I believe you can buy a high trim with leather.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Obidikejr(m): 3:29pm On Sep 12, 2023
Hello all

Accord 2013/14 or Camry 2013/14

Cc: nurey
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Obidikejr(m): 3:33pm On Sep 12, 2023
showietee:

I am in Abuja and the accord I have seen is from 4.7m above...

Don't just like all these Toyota carton, reason I am not really looking at Camry.... Have used several of them, especially the 2013 Camry, the moment you get to 120km the car becomes very light
Ah grin

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Obidikejr(m): 3:42pm On Sep 12, 2023
Aaaaarghmed:
why dont you get the 3rd gen honda crv.very sweet crisp ride.handles very well too
What year pls
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 5:04pm On Sep 12, 2023
Obidikejr:
Hello all

Accord noni, nobody drives camry any more grin

4 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by olaitoro(m): 8:14pm On Sep 12, 2023
nurey:

But here it is camry, you might pass a day without seeing an accord

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Alba3: 9:06pm On Sep 12, 2023
Obidikejr:
Hello all

If it 2014 model of the two, I will personally take the Camry, although I also like the Accord for its aesthetic in and out, its driving-feel, etc. However, the Camry is quieter/smoother, more fuel efficient and durable. They are both reliable choices.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Kingdemu: 9:45pm On Sep 12, 2023
Alba3:
If it 2014 model of the two, I will personally take the Camry, although I also like the Accord for its aesthetic in and out, its driving-feel, etc. However, the Camry is quieter/smoother, more fuel efficient and durable. They are both reliable choices.

4 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by dadabashua1(m): 9:44am On Sep 13, 2023
nurey:

the gap the accord give the Camry no be small self...the accord pls.

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Aaaaarghmed(m): 9:55am On Sep 13, 2023
Obidikejr:
Hello all

the accord kills the camry hands down

5 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Aaaaarghmed(m): 9:56am On Sep 13, 2023
Obidikejr:

What year pls
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by mejai(m): 2:16pm On Sep 13, 2023
Aaaaarghmed:
As in serious murdering. These days Honda get aura paz am.

3 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Obidikejr(m): 10:39pm On Sep 14, 2023
Aaaaarghmed:
Thanks boss
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Obidikejr(m): 10:44pm On Sep 14, 2023
nurey:

Baba o
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Obidikejr(m): 10:45pm On Sep 14, 2023
Aaaaarghmed:
Nice one
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Obidikejr(m): 12:40am On Sep 24, 2023
nurey:

I'm back oh my boss

Decided I was gonna get a cheaper car I will use for 2 years. Maybe then upgrade or GTFO this country

As a first car user, Would you recommend accord 2012 /CRV 2010 as good to go

Also 2.5m for Nigerian used a fair price for this models? Thanks
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 6:42am On Sep 24, 2023
Obidikejr:

I'm back oh my boss

Decided I was gonna get a cheaper car I will use for 2 years. Maybe then upgrade or GTFO this country

Would you recommend accord 2012 /CRV 2010 as good to go

Also 2.5m for Nigerian used a fair price for this models? Thanks

Yes they are good vehicles 2.5m may be too low try up yo 3m especially the CRV so you can get a good specimen.

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Obidikejr(m): 9:41am On Sep 24, 2023
nurey:

Yes they are good vehicles 2.5m may be too low try up yo 3m especially the CRV so you can get a good specimen.
My boss

Thanks

When I obtain am I go do you the honor of uploading pictures for you

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Collinsterol(m): 7:29am On Sep 30, 2023
My oga dem, i don come again. I appreciate your works here. God bless you guys.

I have a new very good dilemma.

Volvo XV60 and Ford Edge which is the best to go for in terms of fuel, body parts and host of other Nigerian factors to consider.

Ps: There's a little soft love for the XC tho
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 10:15am On Sep 30, 2023
Collinsterol:
My oga dem, i don come again. I appreciate your works here. God bless you guys.

I have a new very good dilemma.

Volvo XV60 and Ford Edge which is the best to go for in terms of fuel, body parts and host of other Nigerian factors to consider.

Ps: There's a little soft love for the XC tho

Buy XC60 over ford edge.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) ... (259) (Reply)

How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.