Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,157 members, 7,811,321 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:17 AM

EA Might Be Staring At Extinction In The Eye For Battlefield V - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / EA Might Be Staring At Extinction In The Eye For Battlefield V (1318 Views)

FIFA 24 Rebrands As EA FC 24 / Fifa 16 Mod Ea Sports Fc 24 Android Free Download / EA To Remove All Russian Clubs & The National Team From FIFA 22 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

EA Might Be Staring At Extinction In The Eye For Battlefield V by LucemFerre: 1:40am On Aug 26, 2018
You know the saying "be careful what you wish for, you might get it," well, EA has a first-hand experience with the stunt pulled by EA's Chief creative officer, Patrick Soderlund, in his response to the backlash of the historical inaccuracy in Battlefield V by the fans.
First he called people who were calling them out for their inaccuracies, uneducated and then went on to add, "you have two choices: either accept it, or don't buy the game. I'm fine with either/or."
Well, so far pre-order stats are showing that people might choose the latter option.

I honestly wish the boycott will stick to their words and prove to EA that they can't get away with everything.
Women in games wouldn't have been a big deal but, claiming accuracy and compromising because SJW somehow got to you and then saying something dumb and insulting to your fans to back the contradiction is not wise at all.

I said it faces extinction because, these kinda stunts might make investors pull out, and being behind COD BO4 (which isn't even receiving an all-good reception) by almost 80% in pre-order is making that possibility plausible.

There are many reviews about this on YouTube.

At the end of the day it's all entertainment but, this looks more like political correctness than just diversification.

What do you think?
Are people blowing this out of proportion or should EA taste the wrath of fans, so they can get their sh!t together and know that there's only one God and EA ain't it?

Re: EA Might Be Staring At Extinction In The Eye For Battlefield V by SavageMajor(m): 1:46am On Aug 26, 2018
Taste the wrath of the fans
We want the EA of the old
Re: EA Might Be Staring At Extinction In The Eye For Battlefield V by LucemFerre: 3:09am On Aug 26, 2018
Heh! EA of the old? EA have always been filled with bunch of a$$holes

1 Like

Re: EA Might Be Staring At Extinction In The Eye For Battlefield V by Thegamingorca(m): 6:09am On Aug 26, 2018
LucemFerre:
You know the saying "be careful what you wish for, you might get it," well, EA has a first-hand experience with the stunt pulled by EA's Chief creative officer, Patrick Soderlund, in his response to the backlash of the historical inaccuracy in Battlefield V by the fans.
First he called people who were calling them out for their inaccuracies, uneducated and then went on to add, "you have two choices: either accept it, or don't buy the game. I'm fine with either/or."
Well, so far pre-order stats are showing that people might choose the latter option.

I honestly wish the boycott will stick to their words and prove to EA that they can't get away with everything.
Women in games wouldn't have been a big deal but, claiming accuracy and compromising because SJW somehow got to you and then saying something dumb and insulting to your fans to back the contradiction is not wise at all.

I said it faces extinction because, these kinda stunts might make investors pull out, and being behind COD BO4 (which isn't even receiving an all-good reception) by almost 80% in pre-order is making that possibility plausible.

There are many reviews about this on YouTube.

At the end of the day it's all entertainment but, this looks more like political correctness than just diversification.

What do you think?
Are people blowing this out of proportion or should EA taste the wrath of fans, so they can get their sh!t together and know that there's only one God and EA ain't it?

There is no bloody wrath....

Ppl will still buy the EA game.

We've been singing even worse songs for swb2 but nothing happened lol.

The fans are divided bruv

2 Likes

Re: EA Might Be Staring At Extinction In The Eye For Battlefield V by Nobody: 10:33am On Aug 26, 2018
Any money EA looses can be covered by profits of FIFA...
Re: EA Might Be Staring At Extinction In The Eye For Battlefield V by LucemFerre: 10:41am On Aug 26, 2018
Thegamingorca:

There is no bloody wrath....

Ppl will still buy the EA game.

We've been singing even worse songs for swb2 but nothing happened lol.

The fans are divided bruv

Yea, I know. Gamers are fvcking hypocrites. They complain about games and buy it when it comes out. But this isn't gonna sell as good as EA imagined. 12mil copies ain't gonna happen
Re: EA Might Be Staring At Extinction In The Eye For Battlefield V by LucemFerre: 10:44am On Aug 26, 2018
tobianthony:

It doesn't always work like that. There is a limit to which a company can extract money for a game's profit and fund another that isn't doing very well.
Re: EA Might Be Staring At Extinction In The Eye For Battlefield V by cao(f): 1:24pm On Aug 26, 2018
tobianthony:
Don't forget the folks at Madden (MUT)... Apparently, EA's UT is now worth $800m... So, LucemFerre, they might be limits to what companies can do, but EA will stay afloat. And the real complainers are really the neckbeard ice cream gangsters that are crying about women in the Battlefield, unrealistic my arse, when the whole franchise is unrealistic and inaccurate, na so you go run with machine gun, receive healing by "using" a med kit, reloading with the same amount of bullets even after they've thrown the magazine. They should just keep quiet. If CoD can still make a s**t ton of money with their diehards still complaining that everything is redundant, then Battlefield will do fine. S**t, it's the only one still doing campaign mode now.
Re: EA Might Be Staring At Extinction In The Eye For Battlefield V by LucemFerre: 2:31pm On Aug 26, 2018
cao:

Don't forget the folks at Madden (MUT)... Apparently, EA's UT is now worth $800m... So, Lucem Ferre, they might be limits to what companies can do, but EA will stay afloat. And the real complainers are really the neckbeard ice cream gangsters that are crying about women in the Battlefield, unrealistic my arse, when the whole franchise is unrealistic and inaccurate, na so you go run with machine gun, receive healing by "using" a med kit, reloading with the same amount of bullets even after they've thrown the magazine. They should just keep quiet. If CoD can still make a s**t ton of money with their diehards still complaining that everything is redundant, then Battlefield will do fine. S**t, it's the only one still doing campaign mode now.

I agree with you. However, being historically accurate and being realistic are two different things. No game is realistic. If there were then you'd only get to die once and your $50 is gone.

COD can get away with a lot of things because they have younger audience who dgaf. Battlefield has more matured audience and so they shouldn't be taking these kind of risks. (Don't forget the insults and lack of consideration for the intelligence of the audience expressed by at least 2 of EA's officials regarding this matter)

And Yes Battlefield will remain, it's just a wishful thinking that the the present boycott against BF5 will keep to their promise and teach them a lesson.
Personally, I don't even like old settings and fvck COD for removing campaign.
Apparently, I'm gonna play old shooter games in 2019. Thank goodness for Halo: Infinite though, I might be covered.

1 Like

Re: EA Might Be Staring At Extinction In The Eye For Battlefield V by Thegamingorca(m): 7:49pm On Aug 26, 2018
Weĺl I won't fault you for wishful thinking.

But if EA couldnt be moved by disney's decision on swb2. Then I sure as hell care less of what the outcome of this movement will bring.
Re: EA Might Be Staring At Extinction In The Eye For Battlefield V by Nobody: 12:10pm On Aug 27, 2018
Exactly EA no send ...people will still buy .
Re: EA Might Be Staring At Extinction In The Eye For Battlefield V by LucemFerre: 1:13pm On Aug 27, 2018
tobianthony:
Exactly EA no send ...people will still buy .

I for start my own boycott for Naija but, Nigerians don't significantly add to video game industries' profits.

#shotsfired cool

(1) (Reply)

Advise! / John FPL Whatsapp Group / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.