Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,808 members, 7,817,344 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

Let The Bible Speak For Itself - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Let The Bible Speak For Itself (1813 Views)

What Does Matthew 8:22 Mean By "Let The Dead Bury Their Own Dead"? / Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! / Is This Where Jesus Endorsed Asoebi In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let The Bible Speak For Itself by paxonel(m): 7:38am On Aug 26, 2018
Over the years in christianity, there were several cases where some people assuming the position of the leaders of the church misunderstanding scriptures and deceiving the world and Christians(it is still happening today).

For instance, there were times when the church and the whole world was made to believe that the earth was flat in shape and not like a sphere.(a position which was never backed up with scriptures). But billions of people dogmatically believe in this erroneous doctrine simply because their pastors or Pope says so, until the era of Gallelio.

The same thing is still happening today in all churches you can ever step your foot on.

The leader or pastor or Reverend or Father or Daddy GO is the one talking for God and the bible.

The leader is not having a clue of what the bible truly represent or he deliberately do not want to have a clue simply because he is benefiting financially from lies.

The people who are listening to these leaders will not possibly perceive what is happening to them.

And the nation at large is being affected negatively.

If you are an atheist, this is not for you to smile because, your case is even worst.

You are miserable because you are equally affected by the errors of religion so long you interact with people.
You cannot possibly understand what is happening to you.
A religious person with the wrong mindset takes over the position of authority there it goes again.

Bible, you don't know
Quran, you don't know

How then will you redeem yourself as an atheist from the society?

How will you speak and correct that religious person in position of authority from his own religious point of view (if you have the opportunity to do so)when you don't know anything about the bible or quran?

THE WHOLE MESSAGE OF THE BIBLE IN SUMMARY

Matthew 22:35
35.Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying,
36.Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
37. Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38. This is the first and great commandment.
39.And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
40. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets

Passing the wrong information to people in the name of preaching, is not a way to love them

Everyone want to obey this instruction of christ and live better, but few people are truly willing to undergo the process of understanding what people truly need before they can truly understand how to love them, and that process is education, attending a quality school.

And you will agree with me that there are no quality universities and colleges in Nigeria(or are schools of theological studies quality schools?).

this explains why Christians in Nigeria cannot meet up to this standards of Jesus Christ.

So, they resolve to going church for people to see, so that they can be seen as holy people.

1 Like

Re: Let The Bible Speak For Itself by Shelumiel: 7:57am On Aug 26, 2018
This is a stupid writeup ;seriously regret opening this thread . angry

1 Like

Re: Let The Bible Speak For Itself by paxonel(m): 8:03am On Aug 26, 2018
Shelumiel:
This is a stupid writeup ;seriously regret opening this thread . angry
grin grin grin

Your assertion isn't complete man.

Where are your premises?

Every conclusions of the op comes with premises, so if you must comment,

The writeup is stupid,
How is it stupid?
You explain...

Otherwise, you are not intelligent at all grin
Re: Let The Bible Speak For Itself by Shelumiel: 8:06am On Aug 26, 2018
paxonel:
grin grin grin

Your assertion isn't complete man.

Where are your premises?

Every conclusions of the op comes with premises, so if you must comment,

The writeup is stupid,
How is it stupid?
You explain...

Otherwise, you are not intelligent at all grin
I'm sorry but I don't engage in conversations with fools .

1 Like

Re: Let The Bible Speak For Itself by paxonel(m): 8:12am On Aug 26, 2018
Shelumiel:
I'm sorry but I don't engage in conversations with fools .
see who is calling someone fool?

You funny o

You came to fool yourself here and you are now saying I'm sorry.

My friend get arrt!!!!
Sorry for yourself grin

1 Like

Re: Let The Bible Speak For Itself by denisbid: 8:19am On Aug 26, 2018
Op, I must say that you spoke the bitter truth,

But what kind of a christian are you?

You did not spare the atheists either

1 Like

Re: Let The Bible Speak For Itself by paxonel(m): 8:21am On Aug 26, 2018
denisbid:
Op, I must say that you spoke the bitter truth,

But what kind of a christian are you?

You did not spare the atheists either
grin grin

Na so

2 Likes

Re: Let The Bible Speak For Itself by Tajbol4splend(m): 8:38am On Aug 26, 2018
Many people who think they are the real Jesus Christ believers don't even know who he really was, what his being on earth stood for, what his message was, may God lead us through, not astray.
Re: Let The Bible Speak For Itself by beatmonster(m): 9:57am On Aug 26, 2018
paxonel

Bible summary according to paxonel

why do you leave the other parts telling people to stone adulterers?
Re: Let The Bible Speak For Itself by orisa37: 10:09am On Aug 26, 2018
Thanks for this Thread.
God, Himself, teaches this Narative Concept called The Bible.
I had a Printer, whose Education was only Secondary School Certificate and who woke up one day to become a prolific Evangelist quoting Bible accurately from Genesis to Revelation. I later found out that The Supreme Spirit, Himself, in a Trance, taught my Printer what he knew. God is a Miracle.
The Bible is a Conceptual Narrative used to typify Morals or Spiritual Relations.
Ofcourse, The Bible Speaks for Itself and will continue to do so until Jesus, Who taught us to love The Supreme Spirit and Ourselves like Ourselves comes back. Then The Entire Conceptual Narrative will manifest and become personified and real again.
Now The Bible is speculatively ricochetting Spiritual Ideas around The Globe. No one can monopolise The Teachings of a Speculative Concept like The Subject of The Concept-J.C. Himself.
Until The Manifestation of Jesus Return, The Bible remains suspended and unreachable in The Air!!!

1 Like

Re: Let The Bible Speak For Itself by paxonel(m): 10:26am On Aug 26, 2018
beatmonster:
paxonel

Bible summary according to paxonel

why do you leave the other parts telling people to stone adulterers?
stoning adulters was tradition of the Jews what's my own this current day?

Infact it is called jungle justice this current day.

That tells you that it is not everything we read in the bible that we should apply to this day
Re: Let The Bible Speak For Itself by beatmonster(m): 1:07pm On Aug 26, 2018
paxonel:
stoning adulters was tradition of the Jews what's my own this current day?

Infact it is called jungle justice this current day.

That tells you that it is not everything we read in the bible that we should apply to this day

But everything written in the bible is the word of God?
Re: Let The Bible Speak For Itself by paxonel(m): 2:36pm On Aug 26, 2018
beatmonster:

But everything written in the bible is the word of God?
yes, ,they are!

Even though they were actually documented by inspired men.

Nevertheless, certain things were not written in the bible only for Christians of this generation to come and start creating doctrines and practice them as the way they were written.

1 Like

Re: Let The Bible Speak For Itself by beatmonster(m): 4:30pm On Aug 26, 2018
paxonel:
yes, ,they are!

Even though they were actually documented by inspired men.

Nevertheless, certain things were not written in the bible only for Christians of this generation to come and start creating doctrines and practice them as the way they were written.

then why do you cherry pick the ones you will practice if all the instructions come from God?

1 Like

Re: Let The Bible Speak For Itself by CAPSLOCKED: 4:40pm On Aug 26, 2018
paxonel:
If you are an atheist, this is not for you to smile because, your case is even worst.

You are miserable because you are equally affected by the errors of religion so long you interact with people.
You cannot possibly understand what is happening to you.
A religious person with the wrong mindset takes over the position of authority there it goes again.

Bible, you don't know
Quran, you don't know

How then will you redeem yourself as an atheist from the society?

How will you speak and correct that religious person in position of authority from his own religious point of view (if you have the opportunity to do so)when you don't know anything about the bible or quran?

I WAS IN THE SEMINARY WHERE I STUDIED DOCTRINE AND THEOLOGY FOR MANY YEARS.
HARDMIRROR SAY'S HE'S A FORMER PREACHER.
I USED US AS EXAMPLES THAT MOST PEOPLE WERE "VERY" RELIGIOUS BEFORE THINGS CHANGED.
SO YOU'RE QUITE WRONG ON THAT ONE.

Re: Let The Bible Speak For Itself by rekinomtla(m): 4:52pm On Aug 26, 2018
Contrary to popular belief the church never believed the earth was flat until galileo. Unfortunately atheists are largely to blame for spreading this misconception due to their obsession with lying about religion, science and history.
Re: Let The Bible Speak For Itself by paxonel(m): 9:14pm On Aug 26, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

I WAS IN THE SEMINARY WHERE I STUDIED DOCTRINE AND THEOLOGY FOR MANY YEARS.
HARDMIRROR SAY'S HE'S A FORMER PREACHER.
I USED US AS EXAMPLES THAT MOST PEOPLE WERE "VERY" RELIGIOUS BEFORE THINGS CHANGED.
SO YOU'RE QUITE WRONG ON THAT ONE.
then obviously, you did not study the bible objectively for many years.

It happened to me too,
I was taking the bible according to the normal or conventional theological pattern for many years, until after my graduation from school. That was when i began to reason logically enough and started thinking objectively and questioning some of these conventional doctrines.

Instead of dumping the bible to become an atheist I started reading the bible again from the scratch as if i didn't know anything.

Today, every questions i couldn't get answers before, i can clearly see all the answers now.

1 Like

Re: Let The Bible Speak For Itself by paxonel(m): 9:31pm On Aug 26, 2018
beatmonster:

then why do you cherry pick the ones you will practice if all the instructions come from God?
because the same word to God have made me to understand that not all his words in the bible are specifically for me or people of my generation.

So i choose the ones that are for me and this current era I'm living, and leave the ones that were documented for people of the old, which still reflects in the bible today.

Remember, there is time for everything.

1 Like

Re: Let The Bible Speak For Itself by CAPSLOCKED: 10:08pm On Aug 26, 2018
paxonel:
then obviously, you did not study the bible objectively for many years.

It happened to me too,
I was taking the bible according to the normal or conventional theological pattern for many years, until after my graduation from school. That was when i began to reason logically enough and started thinking objectively and questioning some of these conventional doctrines.

Instead of dumping the bible to become an atheist I started reading the bible again from the scratch as if i didn't know anything.

Today, every questions i couldn't get answers before, i can clearly see all the answers now.

LEVITICUS TELLS ME NOT TO SHAVE MY HAIR.
DEUTERONOMY WANTS ME TO STONE MY BRIDE FOR NOT BEING A VIRGIN.
DEUTERONOMY TELLS ME THAT INSTEAD OF WASTING MY TIME "SCOPING" GIRLS, I CAN KIDNAP AND RAPE THEM, AS MANY AS I WANT, AND PAY OFF THEIR PARENTS WHENEVER I'M CAUGHT IN THE ACT.
GENESIS THINKS IT'S OKAY TO TALK WITH SNAKES.
MATHEW SAYS IT'S ALRIGHT TO ABANDON MY FAMILY, AND DEUTERONOMY ENCORAGES THAT I KILL THEM IF THEY PREFER OTHER GODS OR ANOTHER RELIGION.
REVELATION IS FILLED WITH UNIMAGINABLE, FOOLISH TALES AND ANOTHER BOOK SAYS A HUMAN LIVED INSIDE AN ANIMAL FOR 3 DAYS.
ONE GUY BALM OR SO TALKS WITH HIS DONKEY, AND THE OTHER MAN EATS BREAD BAKED WITH POOP AS INSTRUCTED BY A VOICE IN THE CLOUDS.

BRO, EVEN IF I'M MENTAL I CAN NEVER TAKE BIBLE STORIES SERIOUSLY.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let The Bible Speak For Itself by paxonel(m): 6:40am On Aug 27, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

LEVITICUS TELLS ME NOT TO SHAVE MY HAIR.
DEUTERONOMY WANTS ME TO STONE MY BRIDE FOR NOT BEING A VIRGIN.
DEUTERONOMY TELLS ME THAT INSTEAD OF WASTING MY TIME "SCOPING" GIRLS, I CAN KIDNAP AND RAPE THEM, AS MANY AS I WANT, AND PAY OFF THEIR PARENTS WHENEVER I'M CAUGHT IN THE ACT.
GENESIS THINKS IT'S OKAY TO TALK WITH SNAKES.
MATHEW SAYS IT'S ALRIGHT TO ABANDON MY FAMILY, AND DEUTERONOMY ENCORAGES THAT I KILL THEM IF THEY PREFER OTHER GODS OR ANOTHER RELIGION.
REVELATION IS FILLED WITH UNIMAGINABLE, FOOLISH TALES AND ANOTHER BOOK SAYS A HUMAN LIVED INSIDE AN ANIMAL FOR 3 DAYS.
ONE GUY BALM OR SO TALKS WITH HIS DONKEY, AND THE OTHER MAN EATS BREAD BAKED WITH POOP AS INSTRUCTED BY A VOICE IN THE CLOUDS.

BRO, EVEN IF I'M MENTAL I CAN NEVER TAKE BIBLE STORIES SERIOUSLY.
grin grin grin grin

If these are the things you saw when you studied theology forget it, channel your reasoning to something else, you have never touched that book before.

You are now giving me another reason to think that atheists are attacking the bible without having a single clue of it content.

You don't know anything in the bible you don't know period, there is nothing you can say categorically about it. grin

2 Likes

Re: Let The Bible Speak For Itself by CAPSLOCKED: 7:54am On Aug 27, 2018
paxonel:
grin grin grin grin

If these are the things you saw when you studied theology forget it, channel your reasoning to something else, you have never touched that book before.

You are now giving me another reason to think that atheists are attacking the bible without having a single clue of it content.

You don't know anything in the bible you don't know period, there is nothing you can say categorically about it. grin

ARE YOU DRUNK OR YOU JUST ENJOY TO TALK LIKE A FOOL?
THIS IS WHY I IGNORE MOST OF THE MENTIONS I GET ON THIS SECTION BECAUSE IT'S LIKE PEOPLE JUST TYPE TO DISAGREE WITH EVERYTHING JUST TO MAKE THEMSELVES FEEL GOOD. POINT ONE THING I MENTIONED IN MY LAST POST THAT IS NOT IN THE CONTENT, UNLESS WE SHOULD PRETEND IT'S NOT THERE THEN I'LL GO WITH YOU BECAUSE AS USUAL THIS IS HEADING NOWHERE.

3 Likes

Re: Let The Bible Speak For Itself by beatmonster(m): 8:10am On Aug 27, 2018
paxonel:
because the same word to God have made me to understand that not all his words in the bible are specifically for me or people of my generation.

So i choose the ones that are for me and this current era I'm living, and leave the ones that were documented for people of the old, which still reflects in the bible today.

Remember, there is time for everything.

What you are saying is that you will start using your common sense and logic instead of following revealed instructions written in the bible.

welcome to deism

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let The Bible Speak For Itself by beatmonster(m): 8:16am On Aug 27, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

THIS IS WHY I IGNORE MOST OF THE MENTIONS I GET ON THIS SECTION BECAUSE IT'S LIKE PEOPLE JUST TYPE TO DISAGREE WITH EVERYTHING JUST TO MAKE THEMSELVES FEEL GOOD. POINT ONE THING I MENTIONED IN MY LAST POST THAT IS NOT IN THE CONTENT, UNLESS WE SHOULD PRETEND IT'S NOT THERE THEN I'LL GO WITH YOU BECAUSE AS USUAL THIS IS HEADING NOWHERE.

Running around in circles. Na their way be that grin

The guy sef is a deist

1 Like

Re: Let The Bible Speak For Itself by CAPSLOCKED: 8:28am On Aug 27, 2018
beatmonster:

Running around in circles. Na their way be that grin

The guy sef is a deist

THE GUY DOESN'T KNOW WHAT HE IS.
ONCE A PERSON STARTS CHERRY-PICKING FROM THEIR SO CALLED WORD OF GOD, NOT STONING ADULTERERS OR BOILING KIDS IN THEIR MOTHERS MILK (WITH THE USUAL EXCUSE THAT IT'S AN OLD TESTAMENT AFFAIR) OR NOT SILENCING WOMEN AND DEPRIVING THEM OF THEIR RIGHTS (WITH EXCUSE THAT PAUL MEANT THESE LAWS ONLY TO THE THESELONIANS)..... BUT ONLY PICKS OUT A FEW VERSES FROM HERE AND THERE TALKING ABOUT PEACE AND "GOD HATES HOMOSEXUALS"
JUST KNOW THAT THEY'RE CLOWNS WHO JUST STICK TO RELIGION BECAUSE THEY'RE AFRAID OF HELL, AND ASHAMED OF ADMITTING THEY'VE BEEN DUMB AND NAIVE ALL ALONG.

2 Likes

Re: Let The Bible Speak For Itself by paxonel(m): 8:58am On Aug 27, 2018
beatmonster:

What you are saying is that you will start using your common sense and logic instead of following revealed instructions written in the bible.

welcome to deism
ok,let's be practical here!

You mentioned stoning adulterers, that was never instruction from God. I told you it was the Jewish tradition.

There are Other tribes during that era never stoned their adulterers.

So, I cannot begin to stone adulterers in my days simply because i saw people doing that in the bible.

That's what I'm saying

1 Like

Re: Let The Bible Speak For Itself by paxonel(m): 9:08am On Aug 27, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

what I'm saying is that you never quoted scriptures directly.

You were saying things on your own and i will never be part of that kinda conversation ok.

If you must say something, quote it directly from the verse, then i will know that you are serious .

You are like someone going to a court of law to accuse another person without tendering exhibit or quotation, trust me, no judge will listen to you

1 Like

Re: Let The Bible Speak For Itself by Dalam0n: 9:15am On Aug 27, 2018
paxonel:
ok,let's be practical here!

You mentioned stoning adulterers, that was never instruction from God. I told you it was the Jewish tradition.

There are Other tribes during that era never stoned their adulterers.

So, I cannot begin to stone adulterers in my days simply because i saw people doing that in the bible.

That's what I'm saying

You are a very dishonest person. The instruction to stone adulterers and disobedient children to death was given by God himself in the bible. Unless if you are tacitly admitting that the God of the bible is a cray savage and you won't ever follow what he's saying.

2 Likes

Re: Let The Bible Speak For Itself by paxonel(m): 9:19am On Aug 27, 2018
Dalam0n:

You are a very dishonest person. The instruction to stone adulterers and disobedient children to death was given by God himself in the bible. Unless if you are tacitly admitting that the God of the bible is a cray savage and you won't ever follow what he's saying.
ok,
Quote the bible to show that it was from God let's see grin
Re: Let The Bible Speak For Itself by Dalam0n: 9:32am On Aug 27, 2018
paxonel:
ok,
Quote the bible to show that it was from God let's see grin

Leviticus 20:10 "If a man commits adultery with another man's wife--with the wife of his neighbor--both the adulterer and the adulteress must be put to death."

Deuteronomy 21:18-21
18 If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them:

19 Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place;

20 And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard.

21 And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.

1 Like

Re: Let The Bible Speak For Itself by medwhite0: 9:37am On Aug 27, 2018
Dalam0n:

Leviticus 20:10 "If a man commits adultery with another man's wife--with the wife of his neighbor--both the adulterer and the adulteress must be put to death."

18 If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them:

19 Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place;

20 And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard.

21 And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.

the next thing that paxo-nel dude will say is that there is no "by stoning" in Leviticus.
lol

1 Like

Re: Let The Bible Speak For Itself by beatmonster(m): 10:17am On Aug 27, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

THE GUY DOESN'T KNOW WHAT HE IS.
ONCE A PERSON STARTS CHERRY-PICKING FROM THEIR SO CALLED WORD OF GOD, NOT STONING ADULTERERS OR BOILING KIDS IN THEIR MOTHERS MILK (WITH THE USUAL EXCUSE THAT IT'S AN OLD TESTAMENT AFFAIR) OR NOT SILENCING WOMEN AND DEPRIVING THEM OF THEIR RIGHTS (WITH EXCUSE THAT PAUL MEANT THESE LAWS ONLY TO THE THESELONIANS)..... BUT ONLY PICKS OUT A FEW VERSES FROM HERE AND THERE TALKING ABOUT PEACE AND "GOD HATES HOMOSEXUALS"
JUST KNOW THAT THEY'RE CLOWNS WHO JUST STICK TO RELIGION BECAUSE THEY'RE AFRAID OF HELL, AND ASHAMED OF ADMITTING THEY'VE BEEN DUMB AND NAIVE ALL ALONG.

"Mental Slavery is the worst form of slavery. It gives you the illusion of freedom, makes you to trust, love and defend your oppressor while making an enemy of those who are trying to free you."

1 Like

Re: Let The Bible Speak For Itself by paxonel(m): 10:18am On Aug 27, 2018
Dalam0n:

these things are past, infact they are not part of christianity.

Remember, I said there is time for everything.
That time was the time of old, may be you should ask people practicing Judaism why did God allowed these.
Not Christians like me.

Because, first of all, the christian bible made me to understand that the law was not from God himself but it was from Moses

John 8:4 They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.
8:5 Now MOSES IN THE LAW COMMANDED US (the Jews, not even Christians) that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?

Do you see that the law was from Moses and not from God himself ?(what was known as one of the traditional mosaic law of the jews)

Secondly, These kinda laws have been placed optional in christianity.
Meaning, if Christians like the laws they should obey them, if they don't like them they should reject the laws.

And that is what I'm doing today. I am rejecting useless laws.
Hence, it's not everything called the word of God in the bible i should follow. To me, some of them are not God's word but words from mere humans like Moses.

Jesus Christ himself did not keep such stupid laws why then should i?

John8:7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

11. She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

Do you see that now? grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

RCCG Helps Ministry Weekend 2019 / Day 6 || Full Redemption || GCK / The Letter "x" Is Evil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.