Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,877 members, 7,828,116 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

Encourage Yourself - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Encourage Yourself (306 Views)

15 Bible Verses To Encourage You / Encourage Yourself / Bible Verses And Quotes To Encourage You In Trying Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Encourage Yourself by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 8:40am On Aug 27, 2018
Encourage Yourself

And David was greatly distressed; for the people spake of stoning him, because the soul of all the people was grieved, every man for his sons and for his daughters: but David encouraged himself in the Lord his God. 1 Samuel 30:6

David found himself in a very tight situation here. His men wanted to stone him after they discovered that their wives and children had been carried away by their enemies from the camp.

David had no one to turn to, but to encourage himself in the Lord, who delivered him and helped him retrieve all that the enemy had taken.

You are perfectly in charge when you give joy its rightful place. You must get to a point in life, where even Satan himself knows that your heart cannot be broken.

Enough of people encouraging you every day! Nothing works better than self-encouragement, because some people in the name of the encouragement are only taunting you.

So learn to encourage yourself in the Lord.

There are certain principles that have helped me to always stay joyful. They are: 

• God is always right.

• God is ever faithful.

• If God can’t do it, then no one else can. If God cannot, no one else should try. He is the end of human search. 

If you have these always at the back of your mind, you are sure to overcome everything that tries to break your heart.

Are you looking up to God for a job? Why not rejoice over the fact that you are a candidate for a job, that you are even medically fit to work.

Are you looking up to God for a marriage partner? Why don’t you thank God that you are fit to be considered for marriage, that you are not locked up in an asylum or a leprosarium as a leper.

It’s a thing of joy that you are even worthy to be married.

Is it a child you want? Praise God that you are married and are now a candidate for motherhood.

Look for reasons to rejoice and you will see God perfecting everything you are looking up to Him for.

Jesus, the joy of the whole world, lives on your inside, you have no excuse to be a joyless Christian.

You should be the one encouraging those around you.

May be somebody stole your goods. Thank God you are not the one who stole the goods.

Between "That is the thief", and "That is the man whose goods were stolen", which would you like to be addressed as?

So, praise God you are the one whose goods were stolen, and not the thief.

What if your car caught fire? Thank God you are not the one that caught fire. Would you rather prefer to be the one that caught fire?

One of my precious daughters came crying to me one day, to say her father had died.

I said, "I thank God it was your father that died. Who should have died first? You or your father? Even if the man had a choice while he was alive, he would choose to die before you, so rejoice."

Hannah wanted a child from God, but as long as she went about looking sorrowful, God did not answer her. She even called herself a "woman of a sorrowful spirit" (1 Samuel. 1:15).

But one day, she made room for joy in her heart

The Bible says she ate and her countenance was no more sad (1 Samuel. 1:18); then God visited her.

God does not visit the sorrowful. He only visits those who know how to please Him, in spite of their circumstances.

Joseph was a self–encouraged prisoner. He was so full of joy, that he went about encouraging other prisoners and interpreting their dreams for them.

He was the only prisoner who never knew the meaning of depression. See how he marched out from the prison to the palace! That is what joy can do.

Joseph was too full of joy to fail. Joyful people never fail, because they always see a future that keeps them excited. That is what living is all about.

Everything that ties you down in depression, sorrow of heart or broken–heartedness, I curse them now, in Jesus' name!

Amen!

David Oyedepo

A Sinner's Prayer for Salvation and Baptism in the Holy Spirit

Heavenly Father, I come to You in the Name of Jesus. Your Word says, "...whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" (Acts 2:21).

I am calling on You. I pray and ask Jesus to come into my heart and be Lord over my life according to Romans 10:9-10.

"If thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." I do that now.

I confess that Jesus is Lord, and I believe in my heart that God raised Him from the dead.

I am now reborn! I am a Christian—a child of Almighty God! I am saved!

You also said in Your Word, "If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: HOW MUCH MORE shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?" (Luke 11:13).

I'm also asking You to fill me with the Holy Spirit. Holy Spirit, rise up within me as I praise God. I fully expect to speak with other tongues as You give me the utterance (Acts 2:4).

(Begin to praise God for filling you with the Holy Spirit. Speak those words and syllables you receive—not in your own language, but the language given to you by the Holy Spirit. You have to use your own voice. God will not force you to speak.)

Now you are a Spirit-filled believer. Continue with the blessing God has given you and pray in tongues each day. You'll never be the same!

Please share❤

We Are The Liberation Army, Reloaded!

Contact Us, +2348126401351

Jesus is Lord!
Re: Encourage Yourself by Nobody: 9:57am On Aug 27, 2018
The title is what brought me to this post...and wow..I wasn't disappointed!
Very powerfully written and blessed post.
Thank you Lord for this...
A-men

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL 04/08/18 / Relationship Series.(what Ladies Want From Men) / 'we Are Taking Nigeria From The Devil In 2019' - Dr. Paul Enenche (full Text)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.