Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:52 AM

I Feel Sorry For Alvaro Morata - Ruud Gulit - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Feel Sorry For Alvaro Morata - Ruud Gulit (28735 Views)

"Blame The Board For Poor Season, Not Conte" — Ruud Gullit / Alvaro Morata Learnt To Head The Ball With Cristiano Ronaldo At Real Madrid / Comparing Romelu Lukaku Vs Alvaro Morata (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Feel Sorry For Alvaro Morata - Ruud Gulit by googlelove: 12:53pm On Aug 27, 2018
Ruud Gulit in his post-match reaction following Chelsea’s 2-1 victory over Newcastle on Sunday stated that he felt sorry for Chelsea’s center forward Alvaro Morata.

Despite having 75% of possession, Alvaro Morata had to feed from the scraps in the game. The home team which deployed negative football tactics were able to hold the Blues for over 76 minutes until Eden Hazard opened the scoring. The Blues were pegged back as Joselu levelled the games, and had to dig deep to secure a victory in the game as a DeAndre Yedlin’s own goal three minutes from time settled the game.

Chelsea legend Ruud Gulit however, was not impressed with the club’s performance. As a pundit on the match of the day, he gave reasons why the London club struggled and why he pity Morata.

“They had 80 per cent possession but they didn't do anything with it,” said Gullit. “I didn't think they played that well and one of the reasons was the way they used the ball”. “They all wanted to play through the center of the pitch and it was so easy for Newcastle to defend”. “They couldn't find any space. Azpilicueta should have used the width of the pitch more but he was scared to”. “And it happened the whole time. 80 per cent possession! “Get the ball out to the wing and get a good cross in”.

Morata was substituted 20 minutes in the second interval after just 20 touches of the ball. “Morata, I feel sorry for him because with this type of possession you can't score goals,” Gullit added. “They needed to stretch the opposition by having players high up the pitch which they eventually realized”. “All of a sudden they started getting good crosses in but by that point Morata had been taken off”.

Chelsea currently remains on nine points with Liverpool and Watford.

https://www.trendingfootballnews.com/i-feel-sorry-for-alvaro-morata-says-chelsea-legend-ruud-gulit/

4 Shares

Re: I Feel Sorry For Alvaro Morata - Ruud Gulit by googlelove: 12:55pm On Aug 27, 2018
I feel sorry for him too. All Chelsea fans should too
Also Read: Sarri shocking statement: Praised Eden Hazard, surprised by Newcastle’s defensive setup
https://www.trendingfootballnews.com/sarri-shocking-statement-praised-eden-hazard-surprised-by-newcastles-defensive-setup/

Hazard and Alonso drops Amazing post-match statement
https://www.trendingfootballnews.com/hazard-and-alonso-drops-amazing-post-match-statement/

4 Likes

Re: I Feel Sorry For Alvaro Morata - Ruud Gulit by omocalabar(m): 3:58pm On Aug 27, 2018
dont worry, ur hatrick will come next weekend

9 Likes

Re: I Feel Sorry For Alvaro Morata - Ruud Gulit by jerrybakermillz(m): 3:59pm On Aug 27, 2018
Maka y now

1 Like

Re: I Feel Sorry For Alvaro Morata - Ruud Gulit by hisexcellency34: 3:59pm On Aug 27, 2018
Let him come to ARSE-NAL
Re: I Feel Sorry For Alvaro Morata - Ruud Gulit by dotcomnamename: 3:59pm On Aug 27, 2018
Lol. We warned him not to join that racist club called Chelsea but he never listen. grin

3 Likes

Re: I Feel Sorry For Alvaro Morata - Ruud Gulit by moscobabs(m): 3:59pm On Aug 27, 2018
H

1 Like

Re: I Feel Sorry For Alvaro Morata - Ruud Gulit by rhythyson: 4:00pm On Aug 27, 2018
Sorry Morata.
Re: I Feel Sorry For Alvaro Morata - Ruud Gulit by flexyrule(m): 4:00pm On Aug 27, 2018
Chelsea did their best. Newcastle were out to play a frustrating, non-entertaining, defensive and cowardice style of football. We saw the same style of game last season when we played against Crystal Palace (Game ended 0-0).
A team that opts for a draw in their ''HOME" at the beginning of a season should be banned by FIFA. That was the most boring game I've watched in a while.
Even Rondon and Murphy that I was looking out for were forced to be defenders.
I understand most of their players were on injury, but that should't be an excuse for fielding ALL your players as defenders na!!
Anyway the 3 points was well deserved and we broke another record 84% ball possession!!!
84% - C'mon! Who does that?

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Feel Sorry For Alvaro Morata - Ruud Gulit by davillian(m): 4:00pm On Aug 27, 2018
We don't have a striker
Re: I Feel Sorry For Alvaro Morata - Ruud Gulit by wiseone28: 4:01pm On Aug 27, 2018
Three points is something if you don't agree ask Man city with one point grin
Re: I Feel Sorry For Alvaro Morata - Ruud Gulit by Nobody: 4:01pm On Aug 27, 2018
we are taking him to our women team very soon. hazard should start upfront now that we are no longer using longball
Re: I Feel Sorry For Alvaro Morata - Ruud Gulit by Afam4eva(m): 4:01pm On Aug 27, 2018
Moratta needs to play for a club that plays fluid football. Maybe Arsenal.

5 Likes

Re: I Feel Sorry For Alvaro Morata - Ruud Gulit by fusionnest: 4:01pm On Aug 27, 2018
One word for sari
Re: I Feel Sorry For Alvaro Morata - Ruud Gulit by deebsman1(m): 4:01pm On Aug 27, 2018
That's his problem
Re: I Feel Sorry For Alvaro Morata - Ruud Gulit by sirvic68: 4:02pm On Aug 27, 2018
Newcastle learnt the negative football ⚽ (bus parking) from Mourihno when he was in Chelsea

3 Likes

Re: I Feel Sorry For Alvaro Morata - Ruud Gulit by ednut1(m): 4:03pm On Aug 27, 2018
Chased out costa for this bench warmer
Re: I Feel Sorry For Alvaro Morata - Ruud Gulit by georgementday(m): 4:04pm On Aug 27, 2018
hisexcellency34:
Let him come to ARSE-NAL
on behalf of all arsenal fans worldwide,i say we dnt need him. You guys may ask man utd.

1 Like

Re: I Feel Sorry For Alvaro Morata - Ruud Gulit by experimentist: 4:05pm On Aug 27, 2018
Just as we in APC feel sorry for Saraki, Kwankwaso and Tambuwal

1 Like

Re: I Feel Sorry For Alvaro Morata - Ruud Gulit by Humblega(m): 4:06pm On Aug 27, 2018
dotcomnamename:
Lol. We warned not to join that racist club called Chelsea but he never listen. grin

What is d meaning of racist in ur own dictionary ?

And

How is chelsea a racist ? grin grin

17 Likes

Re: I Feel Sorry For Alvaro Morata - Ruud Gulit by Bustincole(m): 4:07pm On Aug 27, 2018
Swap him wit Higuain... case closed
Re: I Feel Sorry For Alvaro Morata - Ruud Gulit by mastercee(m): 4:07pm On Aug 27, 2018
georgementday:

on behalf of all arsenal fans worldwide,i say we dnt need him. You guys may ask man utd.

On behalf of all Man Utd fans worldwide, I say Mba, we no want. You can ask Liverpool

3 Likes

Re: I Feel Sorry For Alvaro Morata - Ruud Gulit by izzy4shizzy(m): 4:09pm On Aug 27, 2018
Mumu Chelsea, sold a lion in Diego Costa, and kept a cat called morata, what do you expect will happen

6 Likes

Re: I Feel Sorry For Alvaro Morata - Ruud Gulit by agukayode(m): 4:20pm On Aug 27, 2018
Chelsea Shud Get Ighalo To Replace Morata ha ha ha ha

1 Like

Re: I Feel Sorry For Alvaro Morata - Ruud Gulit by bigfat05: 4:20pm On Aug 27, 2018
sorry ohhh
Re: I Feel Sorry For Alvaro Morata - Ruud Gulit by mespusinglez(m): 4:24pm On Aug 27, 2018
mastercee:

On behalf of all Man Utd fans worldwide, I say Mba, we no want. You can ask Liverpool
On Behalf of All Liverpool fans worldwide, I Say Taaa!, We Don't Want Him....You Can Ask Madrid
Re: I Feel Sorry For Alvaro Morata - Ruud Gulit by awoo47: 4:24pm On Aug 27, 2018
mastercee:

On behalf of all Liverpool fans worldwide, I say NO, we no want. You can take him to Man city cheesy
Re: I Feel Sorry For Alvaro Morata - Ruud Gulit by nelronaldo(m): 4:28pm On Aug 27, 2018
Me too

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Smalling Reveals What Messi & Suarez Will Do To Man Utd / Zimbabwe’s Football Team Arrive Nigeria Ahead Of Super Eagles Friendly / Isreal Adesanya: I Didn’t Sleep Well Before The Fight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.