Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

Marriage: Why Men Must Choose A Godly Relationship - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Marriage: Why Men Must Choose A Godly Relationship (434 Views)

New Changes For Jehovah's Witness: Women Can Wear Trousers, Men Must Not Wear.. / 8 Important Observations For A Godly Worship As Christians / A Godly Christian Lady Doesn't Wear High Heels - Evangelist Akande (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marriage: Why Men Must Choose A Godly Relationship by pressplay411(m): 4:43am On Aug 28, 2018
"Where purpose is not known, abuse is inevitable."
Myles Munroe

We have abused dating and relationships for too long, and we have ended up abusing the institution of Marriage.
We have been exposed to the wisdom of the world for too long hence we consider the instructions of God as foolishness.
Of a truth, the reverse is the case.
What the world considers wise is in fact foolishness. Only the Word of God is Wisdom. Jesus Christ is the Word of God. Only the Holy Spirit gives Understanding of the Wisdom of God.
Without the Holy Spirit, we will never understand the bible. It might end up destroying and confusing us.

"for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life."
2 Corinthians 3:6b

Now about Relationship;
There comes a time in the life of a man when he begins to seek his other half.

Proverbs 18:22 He who finds a wife finds a good thing,
And obtains favor from the Lord.

Signs to Observe:
-She must share your value system.
Christ is primary. She must share your other values. spiritually, physically, financially, educationally, etc. Your values must be rooted in the Word of God as the first and last authority.

-Her background. Family (is it a happy home? Is she like her family members or has Christ transformed her), Friends (are are friends the Slay queens and Shaku-shaku club types), Is her lifestyle compatible with yours? Not just in the short run but for the long-haul.

-Her Interests. Is she interested in Godly things or worldly things. Is she spiritually minded or carnally ninded. Is she family oriented, takes responsibilities?

- Chastity. Not necessarily a virgin.lol (for all or most have sinned and fallen short of the glory)
But does she have self-control?
Men are naturally weaker sexually, we are easily turned on. So can she hold herself when the man is weak and vice versa. You both have to keep the bed undefiled till marriage.
We have been wrongly mentally conditioned to believe once you've had sex, you can never be celibate. This is a lie from the pit of hell. All you need is Jesus and a conviction to stop living in sin, knowing it is wrong and destructive.
Why is Chastity important? It is the bedrock of your trust and loyalty to each other after marriage.

-Is she your Friend. Do not enter a relationship with the intention to date. Don't even have that in mind, rather pursue friendship. Try not to send the wrong signals when you are together and keep your conversations platonic. That way there will be no pretenses. You will know each other without trying to impress each other. Otherwise you will marry and start to oppress each other because you never knew each other.

-Let The Holy Spirit Lead
Marriage is the second most important decision you will ever make in your life. The first is to be Born-again. I used to hate the word "Born-again" until I became one. The world once again has fed us with the wrong impression of Born-again. You will only get it, when you get it.)
Since marriage is so mportant, please never entrust that decision to your senses or what you hear or read. Only the Holy Spirit knows the heart of God, knows who will complement and complete you, only the Holy Spirit knows who is pretending, and only the Holy Spirit knows who has been prepared just for you.
It is OK to have a check-list of what you want in your wife. In fact it is advisable to make a list of the qualities you want and try to be as unambiguous and realistic as possible.
That way, you can recognise her when you see her. While she might not check all the boxes, I believe 70% is pretty decent.
Beauty should not overshadow Spirituality. Her Spirituality is primary, then the other qualities should follow. Remember the idea is not to rush into a dating relationship first, but to become friends first.

-Be Prayerful
If Marriage is the second most important decision in life, it goes without saying that it must be established with fervent prayer and fasting and must be maintained in the same prayer.

As Christians, we must pray always and not faint.
- Luke 18:1
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:6-7

In conclusion, what is the goal of marriage?
What is the Purpose of Marriage.
It is husband Loving the wife and the wife submitting to the husband.
Truly, both will end up Loving and Submitting to one another. Because Love is simply Giving and Submission. Only the final decision rests on the husband who submits to Jesus Christ, the Word of God.
There cannot be two captains on a ship lest the relation-ship should capsize.
This is how our God describes a Godly Marriage.

Ephesians 5:22-25
"Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. For the husband is head of the wife, as also Christ is head of the church; and He is the Savior of the body. Therefore, just as the church is subject to Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in everything.
Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her, "

1 Like

Re: Marriage: Why Men Must Choose A Godly Relationship by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:01am On Aug 28, 2018
some religious follow follow sheep and their nonsense should be....

[img]https://media1./images/204dc002cab486541636f163a73c796f/tenor.gif[/img]
Re: Marriage: Why Men Must Choose A Godly Relationship by chiommy123(f): 5:07am On Aug 28, 2018
As long as we continue doing things our way our marriages will keep on failing. But once we follow Christ instructions our marriages will be heaven on earth. Which is what God wants for us

4 Likes

Re: Marriage: Why Men Must Choose A Godly Relationship by pressplay411(m): 11:24am On Aug 28, 2018
chiommy123:
As long as we continue doing things our way our marriages will keep on failing. But once we follow Christ instructions our marriages will be heaven on earth. Which is what God wants for us

You absolutely get it.
God's will is not only good for us, it is Perfect.
Re: Marriage: Why Men Must Choose A Godly Relationship by pressplay411(m): 11:25am On Aug 28, 2018
MrBrownJay1:
some religious follow follow sheep and their nonsense should be....

Religion is the enemy. Except follow Christ, you will get it wrong. It sounds monopolistic but truly Jesus Christ is the only Way, the Truth and the Life.

1 Like

Re: Marriage: Why Men Must Choose A Godly Relationship by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:27am On Aug 28, 2018
pressplay411:
Religion is the enemy. Except follow Christ, you will get it wrong. It sounds monopolic but truly Jesus Christ is the only Way, the Truth and the Life.

Re: Marriage: Why Men Must Choose A Godly Relationship by pressplay411(m): 12:08pm On Aug 28, 2018
Re: Marriage: Why Men Must Choose A Godly Relationship by pressplay411(m): 12:43pm On Aug 28, 2018
I used to wonder why the so called "trolls" jumped into every thread/post.
I've come to realise, it's simply to create distractions.
Without attention and focus, you can't get the message. So just focus on what they don't want you to get.
Focus on the intelligent topic.

1 Like

Re: Marriage: Why Men Must Choose A Godly Relationship by Nobody: 1:01pm On Aug 28, 2018
pressplay411:
"Where purpose is not known, abuse is inevitable."
Myles Munroe

We have abused dating and relationships for too long, and we have ended up abusing the institution of Marriage.
We have been exposed to the wisdom of the world for too long hence we consider the instructions of God as foolishness.
Of a truth, the reverse is the case.
What the world considers wise is in fact foolishness. Only the Word of God is Wisdom. Jesus Christ is the Word of God. Only the Holy Spirit gives Understanding of the Wisdom of God.
Without the Holy Spirit, we will never understand the bible. It might end up destroying and confusing us.

"for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life."
2 Corinthians 3:6b

Signs to See:
-She must share your value system.
Christ is primary. She must share your other values. spiritually, physically, financially, educationally, etc. Your values must be rooted in the Word of God as the first and last authority.

-Her background. Family (is it a happy home? Is she like her family members or has Christ transformed her), Friends (are are friends the Slay queens and Shaku-shaku club types), Lifestyle.

-Her Interests. Is she interested in Godly things or worldly things. Is she spiritually minded or carnally ninded. Is she family oriented, takes responsibilities?

- Chastity. Not necessarily a virgin.lol (for all or most have sinned and fallen short of the glory)
But does she have self-control?
Men are naturally weaker sexually, we are easily turned on. So can she hold herself when the man is weak and vice versa. You both have to keep the bed undefiled till marriage.
We have been wrongly mentally conditioned to believe once you've had sex, you can never be celibate. This is a lie from the pit of hell. All you need is Jesus and a conviction to stop living in sin, knowing it is wrong and destructive.
Why is Chastity important? It is the bedrock of your trust and loyalty to each other after marriage.

-Is she your Friend. Do not enter a relationship with the intention to date. Don't even have that in mind, rather pursue friendship. Try not to send the wrong signals when you are together and keep your conversations platonic. That way there will be no pretenses. You will know each other without trying to impress each other. Otherwise you will marry and start to oppress each other because you never knew each other.

-Let The Holy Spirit Lead
Marriage is the second most important decision you will ever make in your life. The first is to be Born-again. I used to hate the word "Born-again" until I became one. The world once again has fed us with the wrong impression of Born-again. You will only get it, when you get it.)
Since marriage is so mportant, please never entrust that decision to your senses or what you hear or read. Only the Holy Spirit knows the heart of God, knows who will complement and complete you, only the Holy Spirit knows who is pretending, and only the Holy Spirit knows who has been prepared just for you.
It is OK to have a check-list of what you want in your wife. In fact it is advisable to make a list of the qualities you want and try to be as unambiguous and realistic as possible.
That way, you can recognise her when you see her. While she might not check all the boxes, I believe 70% is pretty decent.
Beauty should not overshadow Spirituality. Her Spirituality is primary, then the other qualities should follow. Remember the idea is not to rush into a dating relationship first, but to become friends first.

-Be Prayerful
If Marriage is the second most important decision in life, it goes without saying that it must be established with fervent prayer and fasting and must be maintained in the same prayer.

As Christians, we must pray always and not faint.
- Luke 18:1
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:6-7

In conclusion, what is the goal of marriage?
What is the Purpose of Marriage.
It is husband Loving the wife and the wife submitting to the husband.
Truly, both will end up Loving and Submitting to one another. Because Love is simply Giving and Submission. Only the final decision rests on the husband who submits to Jesus Christ, the Word of God.
There cannot be two captains on a ship lest the relation-ship should capsize.
This is how our God describes a Godly Marriage.

Ephesians 5:22-25
"Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. For the husband is head of the wife, as also Christ is head of the church; and He is the Savior of the body. Therefore, just as the church is subject to Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in everything.
Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her, "
nice one.

1 Like

Re: Marriage: Why Men Must Choose A Godly Relationship by MrBrownJay1(m): 1:35pm On Aug 28, 2018
pressplay411:

Sorry I offended you.

you didnt, a well needed mind-resetting slap is what i prescribe for any religious followfollow sheep.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marriage: Why Men Must Choose A Godly Relationship by pressplay411(m): 2:25pm On Aug 28, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

you didnt, a well needed mind-resetting slap is what i prescribe for any religious followfollow sheep.

Of a truth, I was like you just like year, so I understand. The Wisdom of God is Foolishness to the World.

1 Corinthians 1:21
For since, in the wisdom of God, the world through wisdom did not know God, it pleased God through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe.

1 Like

Re: Marriage: Why Men Must Choose A Godly Relationship by MrBrownJay1(m): 2:32pm On Aug 28, 2018
pressplay411:

Of a truth, I was like you just like year, so I understand. The Wisdom of God is Foolishness to the World.

1 Corinthians 1:21
For since, in the wisdom of God, the world through wisdom did not know God, it pleased God through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe.

bro your holy book is written by men, just like the superman or spiderman book.... but you dont see me jumping out of building in a superman suit, do you?! so why would i follow anything that is written in your bible?!
Re: Marriage: Why Men Must Choose A Godly Relationship by pressplay411(m): 2:43pm On Aug 28, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

bro your holy book is written by men, just like the superman or spiderman book.... but you dont see me jumping out of building in a suit, do you?! so why would i follow anything that is written in your bible?!

Exactly why you can't get it until you get it.
You want to see before you can believe.
With God, you have to Believe first, only then will you begin to see. That is what Faith is.

Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Join Occcult For Money, Power And Protection. Call +2347062060842. / Awoof For This Season, Gbam!!! / On This Tithe Thing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.