Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,987 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:19 PM

Gary Mabutt Hospitalized After Rats Ate His Legs While He Slept - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Gary Mabutt Hospitalized After Rats Ate His Legs While He Slept (39096 Views)

AFCON: Aliou Cisse Hospitalized After Cameroon Game / Benjamin Mendy Said He Slept With 10,000 Women, Court Hears / Diego Maradona Hospitalized After Finger Salute In Argentina's Win Over Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gary Mabutt Hospitalized After Rats Ate His Legs While He Slept by mretchie: 10:15am On Aug 28, 2018
Former England and Tottenham defender Gary Mabbutt said a rat ate part of his foot while he was asleep on holiday in South Africa.

The 57-year-old was forced to fly back to the UK for surgery and spent a week in hospital. Mabbutt, who has 16 caps for England, has type 1 diabetes and has little feeling in his feet.

The incident happened six weeks ago when he was visiting his daughter, who is working at the Kruger National Park. "I've gone to sleep and during the night a rat has come into the bedroom, climbed into the bed and has decided to chew on my foot," he said.

"It's made quite a big hole in my toe, going down to the bone, and ate underneath my foot. It bit my daughter's thumb first in the other bedroom, and then she came into me and said 'Dad, something's bitten me'. Being in Africa, you think of snakes and scorpions."

READ MORE: https://gossiploud.com/?p=6756&preview=true

4 Likes

Re: Gary Mabutt Hospitalized After Rats Ate His Legs While He Slept by tstx(m): 10:16am On Aug 28, 2018
Village People

22 Likes

Re: Gary Mabutt Hospitalized After Rats Ate His Legs While He Slept by Millenniumlady(f): 10:22am On Aug 28, 2018
I just find this funny cheesy

41 Likes

Re: Gary Mabutt Hospitalized After Rats Ate His Legs While He Slept by donbachi(m): 10:38am On Aug 28, 2018
Must be nigerian rats..lol

6 Likes

Re: Gary Mabutt Hospitalized After Rats Ate His Legs While He Slept by McStoic(m): 12:40pm On Aug 28, 2018
mretchie:
[url]WWW.GOSSIPLOUD.COM[/url]

Former England and Tottenham defender Gary Mabbutt said a rat ate part of his foot while he was asleep on holiday in South Africa.

The 57-year-old was forced to fly back to the UK for surgery and spent a week in hospital. Mabbutt, who has 16 caps for England, has type 1 diabetes and has little feeling in his feet.

The incident happened six weeks ago when he was visiting his daughter, who is working at the Kruger National Park. "I've gone to sleep and during the night a rat has come into the bedroom, climbed into the bed and has decided to chew on my foot," he said.

"It's made quite a big hole in my toe, going down to the bone, and ate underneath my foot. It bit my daughter's thumb first in the other bedroom, and then she came into me and said 'Dad, something's bitten me'. Being in Africa, you think of snakes and scorpions."

READ MORE: https://gossiploud.com/?p=6756&preview=true

@Lalasticlala
@MissyB3
@Fynestboi
@Seun

Nigerian rats have left Aso Rock to hustle abroad. Buhari has finished this country.

118 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gary Mabutt Hospitalized After Rats Ate His Legs While He Slept by abokibuhari: 12:47pm On Aug 28, 2018
When you use your leg eat instead of hand

Life fall on him
Re: Gary Mabutt Hospitalized After Rats Ate His Legs While He Slept by fascowilly(m): 12:47pm On Aug 28, 2018
I dey tell people say kind of witchcraft this oyinbo they practice so so strong compare to Nigeria own. Their own even get certificate grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Gary Mabutt Hospitalized After Rats Ate His Legs While He Slept by tunary(m): 12:48pm On Aug 28, 2018
E clear
Enemies from the village

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gary Mabutt Hospitalized After Rats Ate His Legs While He Slept by Josh44s(m): 12:48pm On Aug 28, 2018
Long mouth rat. Very stinky and deadly

6 Likes

Re: Gary Mabutt Hospitalized After Rats Ate His Legs While He Slept by Stallion93(m): 12:48pm On Aug 28, 2018
McStoic:

Nigerian rats have left Aso Rock to hustle abroad. Buhari has finished this country.
grin

1 Like

Re: Gary Mabutt Hospitalized After Rats Ate His Legs While He Slept by thesicilian: 12:48pm On Aug 28, 2018
It still amazes me how one can sleep so deeply to the extent that a rodent will chew off part of your body without you waking up.

Modified: Didn't notice the diabetes part initially. Thank you all who felt the need to point that out, in whatever way you deemed it best!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gary Mabutt Hospitalized After Rats Ate His Legs While He Slept by Nobody: 12:48pm On Aug 28, 2018
grin

If you know rat ate your toes/feet while sleeping in boarding school, let me see your hands up

71 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gary Mabutt Hospitalized After Rats Ate His Legs While He Slept by generationz(f): 12:49pm On Aug 28, 2018
Jesus Christ

I kept twisting my toes in disgust while reading this

how can a rat feast onn your flesh without your feeling the pain?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gary Mabutt Hospitalized After Rats Ate His Legs While He Slept by maxiuc(m): 12:49pm On Aug 28, 2018
cheesy grin

Don't be bothered about all those big rats the smaller ones should give you more concern

Smaller rats are very dangerous infact the don't have restrictions

3 Likes

Re: Gary Mabutt Hospitalized After Rats Ate His Legs While He Slept by Dandsome: 12:49pm On Aug 28, 2018
No wonder the lifeless one ran away from his office some months ago

6 Likes

Re: Gary Mabutt Hospitalized After Rats Ate His Legs While He Slept by Abbeyme: 12:49pm On Aug 28, 2018
donbachi:

Can people be this empty?

Someone might also take it further to suggest it is a 'Daura Rat'

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gary Mabutt Hospitalized After Rats Ate His Legs While He Slept by surgecom(m): 12:49pm On Aug 28, 2018
na today
Re: Gary Mabutt Hospitalized After Rats Ate His Legs While He Slept by drsmiley: 12:50pm On Aug 28, 2018
wonderful ;Dwonderful
Re: Gary Mabutt Hospitalized After Rats Ate His Legs While He Slept by Didcot: 12:50pm On Aug 28, 2018
Words fail me.
Re: Gary Mabutt Hospitalized After Rats Ate His Legs While He Slept by anibi9674: 12:50pm On Aug 28, 2018
that rat must be ncapi rat.

6 Likes

Re: Gary Mabutt Hospitalized After Rats Ate His Legs While He Slept by Omuneizzy6(m): 12:50pm On Aug 28, 2018
Okay
Re: Gary Mabutt Hospitalized After Rats Ate His Legs While He Slept by Benekruku(m): 12:51pm On Aug 28, 2018
Benin people at work

1 Like

Re: Gary Mabutt Hospitalized After Rats Ate His Legs While He Slept by bennynaza(m): 12:51pm On Aug 28, 2018
D rats for bite a lifeless somebody for us dat time he dey London
Re: Gary Mabutt Hospitalized After Rats Ate His Legs While He Slept by muhammed50(m): 12:51pm On Aug 28, 2018
Rat dey chew?

Re: Gary Mabutt Hospitalized After Rats Ate His Legs While He Slept by Joemetry(m): 12:51pm On Aug 28, 2018
WHEREAS MANY NAIRALANDERS ARE SHARING APARTMENTS WITH FAT ASS RATS AND NOTHING DE HAPPEN.

grin

2 Likes

Re: Gary Mabutt Hospitalized After Rats Ate His Legs While He Slept by jneutron4000: 12:51pm On Aug 28, 2018
donbachi:
Nigeria no fit grow with the ways wey Nigerians dey badmouth Nigeria. Any bad thing wey happen for this world so far he bad, Una go involve Nigeria kai

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gary Mabutt Hospitalized After Rats Ate His Legs While He Slept by Eziokwugbaoto: 12:52pm On Aug 28, 2018
That's what happens when you mistakenly trip over the pot of egusi soup and forget to wash it off. grin
Re: Gary Mabutt Hospitalized After Rats Ate His Legs While He Slept by SmartMugu: 12:52pm On Aug 28, 2018
Is Saudi Arabia in Africa? What does he mean by thinking about snakes and scorpions in Africa?
Re: Gary Mabutt Hospitalized After Rats Ate His Legs While He Slept by atilla(m): 12:52pm On Aug 28, 2018
So South African rats too dey chop toe and blow so u think ur enjoying Ac grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Claude Makelele Has No Time For Paul Pogba’s Goal Celebrations. (check Picture B / Wilfred Ndidi And Karim Adeyemi Donate To Maracana Stadium, Ajegunle (Photos). / AFCON 2012 Final: Zambia Vs Ivory Coast (8 - 7)Pens On 12th February 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.