Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,038 members, 7,818,068 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:49 AM

Job Interview Turned Training Invite... - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Job Interview Turned Training Invite... (2255 Views)

What Happens To Nyif Applicants Who Didn't Receive The Training Invite? / How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today / Dakkada Palm Oil Refinery Online Training Invite (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Job Interview Turned Training Invite... by PearlyG(f): 10:39am On Aug 28, 2018
Hi all, please I need your help again on this...
So I got this mail on Sunday, I traveled from Port Harcourt to Lagos to attend...

Dear Candidate,

Greetings!

This mail is with reference to your proposed candidature received earlier, in order to arrange a face-to-face interview with you based on your prospective potentials with DEW PLATFORM PLUS RESOURCES.

SCHEDULED DATE:
Monday, 27th August 2018

TIME: 9.00Hours in the Morning.

OFFICE ADDRESS: Ground Floor, No. 2 Akin Osiyemi Street Opp. Sterling Bank Bus-stop, Allen Avenue, Ikeja, Lagos State.

REQUIREMENTS;
-Hard copy/Print-out of this Email Notification.
-Hard copy of your Resume/Curriculum Vitae.
-Two (2) Passport Photographs.

OPTIONAL
-A regulatory I.D Card i.e. Driver's License, National I.D card, Voter's Card, INT'L Passport.

DIRECTION:
FROM OJUELEGBA/OSHODI, LAGOS TAKE A COMMERCIAL BUS TO ALLEN/ALAUSA/SHOPRITE, ALIGHT AT ALLEN AVENUE, STERLING BANK BUS-STOP.

WE look forward to meeting you.

You can visit our website given below for further details. If there is any query please feel free to write us.

All the Best!

HR DEPT

http://home.dpprng.com/
Show quoted text

We went through an interview section, written text etc.
We were asked to wait, they came to give a briefing on their core values and all about their firm...

To cut the long story short, they say they are into training and retraining on business and intelligence, healthcare, agriculture, health care as well as safety.

We were asked to pay the sum of #6,500 for their training kit and that's one of their criteria for working with them as a team, that they are called partners not emplyees...

Pls someone with any idea on this, should help me with an advice....
Thanks...
Re: Job Interview Turned Training Invite... by Preciousify(f): 10:45am On Aug 28, 2018
NO REAL ORGANIZATION WILL EVER ASK YOU TO PAY A DIME, FOR THEIR TRAINING.
YOU SHOULD HAVE SEARCHED THAT ADDRESS ON NAIRALAND, TO SEE MORE INFO ABOUT THE FIRM.
GNLD!!!!!!!

5 Likes

Re: Job Interview Turned Training Invite... by horlumightyy(m): 10:45am On Aug 28, 2018
GNLD #scam

1 Like

Re: Job Interview Turned Training Invite... by Dvampire(m): 10:50am On Aug 28, 2018
From experience, any employer asking potential employees to pay a certain amount of money as a criterion for employment has a fraudulent agenda. The whole setup looks fishy. It might be one of these GNLD-like arrangements. If i were in your shoes, i will not bother with the process.

3 Likes

Re: Job Interview Turned Training Invite... by a1n2: 12:08pm On Aug 28, 2018
Similar thing happened to a friend of mine same Lagos there few months ago, they re scammer run for your life ooo
Re: Job Interview Turned Training Invite... by uboma(m): 12:08pm On Aug 28, 2018
Dear Preciousify,

Kindly refrain from writing in capital letters.

3 Likes

Re: Job Interview Turned Training Invite... by Preciousify(f): 12:25pm On Aug 28, 2018
uboma:
Dear Preciousify,

Kindly refrain from writing in capital letters.
Noted.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Job Interview Turned Training Invite... by mrjaydee(m): 12:33pm On Aug 28, 2018
Welcome to Lagos

1 Like

Re: Job Interview Turned Training Invite... by smithclito: 1:26pm On Aug 28, 2018
Don't laugh d poor soul ,he/she is only trying his/her luck .please they are scammers. just a group of unemployed fools trying to make feeding money out of u. please keep r money and go back home . God will give u r own job .

1 Like

Re: Job Interview Turned Training Invite... by Apus: 1:40pm On Aug 28, 2018
Welcome to Lagos...#Home of Hustlers

Na ur T-fare dey pain me pass.

1 Like

Re: Job Interview Turned Training Invite... by chyna4luv: 1:55pm On Aug 28, 2018
PearlyG:
Hi all, please I need your help again on this...
So I got this mail on Sunday, I traveled from Port Harcourt to Lagos to attend...

Dear Candidate,

Greetings!

This mail is with reference to your proposed candidature received earlier, in order to arrange a face-to-face interview with you based on your prospective potentials with DEW PLATFORM PLUS RESOURCES.

SCHEDULED DATE:
Monday, 27th August 2018

TIME: 9.00Hours in the Morning.

OFFICE ADDRESS: Ground Floor, No. 2 Akin Osiyemi Street Opp. Sterling Bank Bus-stop, Allen Avenue, Ikeja, Lagos State.

REQUIREMENTS;
-Hard copy/Print-out of this Email Notification.
-Hard copy of your Resume/Curriculum Vitae.
-Two (2) Passport Photographs.

OPTIONAL
-A regulatory I.D Card i.e. Driver's License, National I.D card, Voter's Card, INT'L Passport.

DIRECTION:
FROM OJUELEGBA/OSHODI, LAGOS TAKE A COMMERCIAL BUS TO ALLEN/ALAUSA/SHOPRITE, ALIGHT AT ALLEN AVENUE, STERLING BANK BUS-STOP.

WE look forward to meeting you.

You can visit our website given below for further details. If there is any query please feel free to write us.

All the Best!

HR DEPT

http://home.dpprng.com/
Show quoted text

We went through an interview section, written text etc.
We were asked to wait, they came to give a briefing on their core values and all about their firm...

To cut the long story short, they say they are into training and retraining on business and intelligence, healthcare, agriculture, health care as well as safety.

We were asked to pay the sum of #6,500 for their training kit and that's one of their criteria for working with them as a team, that they are called partners not emplyees...

Pls someone with any idea on this, should help me with an advice....
Thanks...

Like seriously, you boarded a bus from Port Harcourt to Lagos for a job interview without making proper enquiry or authenticating the invite? It now that you were asked for payment your eyes got opened, you now decide to make enquiry on nairaland. This is over desperate. When next you get invite, always authenticate it before making a move. Google is our friend. Let's act like a graduate.

Good luck as you continue to job hunt.

Regards.
Chyna.

6 Likes

Re: Job Interview Turned Training Invite... by Nobody: 2:14pm On Aug 28, 2018
In ur other thread u were told it was a scam. U still went smh
Re: Job Interview Turned Training Invite... by IstandWithGod: 2:21pm On Aug 28, 2018
GNLD people...scammers everywhere. They are everywhere in Lagos scamming people and they have started moving into Abuja.
Re: Job Interview Turned Training Invite... by Israelmoney(m): 3:40pm On Aug 28, 2018
Wicked world
Re: Job Interview Turned Training Invite... by nanauju(f): 6:49pm On Aug 28, 2018
Wow why did you bother yourself all the way down to lag. Pls next time confirm on nairaland and Google. Check even the companies you think are popular
Re: Job Interview Turned Training Invite... by Nobody: 7:11pm On Aug 28, 2018
nanauju:
Wow why did you bother yourself all the way down to lag. Pls next time confirm on nairaland and Google. Check even the companies you think are popular
https://www.nairaland.com/4697252/job-briefing-interview
She was told here.
Re: Job Interview Turned Training Invite... by Nobody: 8:01pm On Aug 28, 2018
Re: Job Interview Turned Training Invite... by realoscar84(m): 8:06pm On Aug 28, 2018
@op, u are not to blame for what happened. It's part of the desire to be gainfully employed that made you took the trip. Those kind of scammers have arrived abuja fully. They are presently in Abuja. I nearly fall victim couple of weeks back. In my case, female friend of mine whom i met in the course of job hustling persistntly directed to a particular address to meet a fellow whom I later found out is the ring leader of the scammers. Before i went to the address, I did ask her severally to tell me what the organization was into but she wasn't forthcoming with direct answer, that I shouldn't worry but i will appreciate her when I eventually find out the great opportunity she is linking me with. So to satisfy my curiosity, I went. I met the boss n introduced myself. Seems he was already expecting me. So he asked me to join the class because they were already in session. I got to the class, met like 35-40 fellow young people in the class. Already written test though. The summary is that at las las, We were asked to pay 10k for training materials n proposal letters. After the training, we would become very knowledgeable in business proposal drafting, knowledgeable in health and agro consulting biz. We would become partners, making money for ourselves bla bla. I quickly noticed the scam during the lectures which was being anchored by one sweet talking partner. Whenever he was highlighting the dire economic problem, no job, no income issue we are facing in nigeria, prophesing doomsday theories, there were some fellows in wornout suits, who were obviously looking malnourished always echoing whatever he say. Whenever he mentioned the kind of money we stand to make by being a partner, they will be shouting sure, sure, sure. according to the speaker, these ushers were supposed to be some of their partners alreaady making so much money o, but i couldnt see the evidence on them. They were like ushers possibly on 2k for the day but were terribly in their ushering job. Throughout the lecture, i would just be shaking head n smiling, Thinking, do these fools think I was born yesterday?some people paid the money sha, maybe the were agents sha. I told them I had no cash on me that I will get back to them. They tried to make me transfer, I said I have no transfer app on my Android, they suggested I use ussd mode. Infact I told them I was totally broke which was the truth sef. That was how I escaped ooo. When I was coming down the stair, I met my female friend coming in, I expressed my displeasure why she didn't explain to me about the whole stuff n the payment requirement. She told me she was already a partner n it became obvious to me that every partner is expected to bring more people for possible commissions hence her desperation n deception to ensure I enrol. I even discovered the initial payment is part of series of future payments expected of us when we enrol.[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Job Interview Turned Training Invite... by GeoOla25(m): 8:16pm On Aug 28, 2018
Preciousify:
NO REAL ORGANIZATION WILL EVER ASK YOU TO PAY A DIME, FOR THEIR TRAINING.
YOU SHOULD HAVE SEARCHED THAT ADDRESS ON NAIRALAND, TO SEE MORE INFO ABOUT THE FIRM.
GNLD!!!!!!!
Why are you shouting?

1 Like

Re: Job Interview Turned Training Invite... by captainamiedi1: 8:16pm On Aug 28, 2018
this is just one of the little things we see in lagos. this is Lagos. wen u hear lagos u think say na paradise? we pass 2ru all dis everyday but we are still happy. i have attended two of sure interview.
Re: Job Interview Turned Training Invite... by 1stNumeroUno: 8:19pm On Aug 28, 2018
When I don dey see direction to get to venue I know it's scam!

Sorry op, it's one of the problem of our country.
Re: Job Interview Turned Training Invite... by PearlyG(f): 11:41am On Aug 31, 2018
Hi guys...
I have read all your replies...

Well, it was an urgent mail and it wasn't the same source with the one I enquired about previously...
I called people to check it's authenticity and they adviced me to give it a trial adding to the fact that this very one had a site...

Well, I appreciate you all for your contributions and advices.
Maybe it was a better teacher...

I've learnt my lessons...

Am grateful...

(1) (Reply)

Opay Which Now Runs Olist Is Hiring / Expert Cv/resume Writing And Statement Of Purpose Services / Unity Bank Latest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.