Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,933 members, 7,835,112 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:48 AM

What's Your Favourite Movie So Far This Year? - TV/Movies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What's Your Favourite Movie So Far This Year? (30686 Views)

As 2022 Is Coming To An End What's Your Best Movie So Far In 2022? / Which One Is Your Favourite Movie Among These 4 / Whats Your Best Movie So Far (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Your Favourite Movie So Far This Year? by Bestchisom(m): 4:37pm On Aug 28, 2018
Rampage and skyscraper
Re: What's Your Favourite Movie So Far This Year? by Abimbola007(m): 4:38pm On Aug 28, 2018
Black panther! I love everything about the movie Wakanda forever!!!
Re: What's Your Favourite Movie So Far This Year? by Ephhay(f): 4:38pm On Aug 28, 2018
Truths22:
Way better than the over hyped Black Panther
I tell you
Re: What's Your Favourite Movie So Far This Year? by meobizy(f): 4:38pm On Aug 28, 2018
Avengers Infinity War was amazing and hands down my favorite for now.
I’m waiting for Alita: Battle Angel.
Ready Player One was meh. The visuals were amazing but the story was watered down.

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Favourite Movie So Far This Year? by darkelf: 4:38pm On Aug 28, 2018
atinuke1985:
Darkest hour...A brief on Winston Churchill about the last hour decision he took against the house just so England would not surrender to Hitler.It's a must see.

Darkest hour was released in 2017 and the lead actor "Gary Oldman" won an Academy Award (Oscar) for best actor in a leading role. Although the movie itself is rated 6.9/10 by IMdB. Quite low for a movie that had 47 wins and 66 nominations. One wonders why.....

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Favourite Movie So Far This Year? by Weareone202: 4:40pm On Aug 28, 2018
Designated Survivor
Re: What's Your Favourite Movie So Far This Year? by darkelf: 4:40pm On Aug 28, 2018
meobizy:
Avengers Infinity War was amazing and hands down my favorite for now.
I’m waiting for Alita: Battle Angel.
Ready Player One was meh. The visuals were amazing but the story was watered down.

What do you mean by "watered down" sir.
Re: What's Your Favourite Movie So Far This Year? by darkelf: 4:43pm On Aug 28, 2018
You see, the thing with action movies is that although quite entertaining, they hardly get to even be nominated for Oscars or golden globes because respected film critics don't feel that they resonate with realism. There's hardly a real connection to humanity and films that tell stories (especially true live stories) are espoused by the Oscar committee
Re: What's Your Favourite Movie So Far This Year? by abumeinben(m): 4:43pm On Aug 28, 2018
zicoraads:

I want this movie, badly. Have had the trailer in my laptop for a while now.

My favourite part? "Would you stop interrupting me while I'm interrupting you!"

Why are people mentioning Avengers: Infinity Wars? Didn't find anything exceptional about it.

My best movie has to be " Acrimony ". Tyler Perry is good. Damn!

Lol..

My most memorable part was when he took a train in the subway just to get the opinion of the common people.
Re: What's Your Favourite Movie So Far This Year? by Rick9(m): 4:46pm On Aug 28, 2018
Black Panther

Avengers Infinity Wars

Kingdom of Heaven (2005)

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favourite Movie So Far This Year? by colestephan86: 4:48pm On Aug 28, 2018
Snixdave114:
Mine is Ready Player One, as in that film burst my brain the fact that they mixed Live action with the Game animation thing is just so creative.. If you're yet to watch it you should watch it now, what's yours and give us reason why you love it.. Issa Thread!

Ti oluwa ni ile . Lol funny man
Re: What's Your Favourite Movie So Far This Year? by Gbelex(m): 4:48pm On Aug 28, 2018
Acrimony...I love it cause I learnt some lessons there; patience,consequences of infidelity, etc.
Re: What's Your Favourite Movie So Far This Year? by meobizy(f): 4:50pm On Aug 28, 2018
darkelf:

What do you mean by "watered down" sir.
It wasn’t deep. They relied mostly on visuals than anything else.
A movie like... I’ll come back to update this. I’m having a hard time thinking of an example.

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Favourite Movie So Far This Year? by gidjah(m): 4:51pm On Aug 28, 2018
kasynlives:
God's Not Dead2 And Miracles From Heaven
hmmmm that's my favourite movie so far. But "miracles from heaven ".. Baeg give me download links
Re: What's Your Favourite Movie So Far This Year? by hustla(m): 4:53pm On Aug 28, 2018
newjosboy:

For real

Yes oooo
She fine sotey I go read about am
Re: What's Your Favourite Movie So Far This Year? by hustla(m): 4:53pm On Aug 28, 2018
darkelf:

Coco was released last year. Its a movie by Pixar and it won an Oscar for best animation at the Academy Awards 2018. Thanks

Thanks
Thought it was released early this year
Re: What's Your Favourite Movie So Far This Year? by larylyriq11: 4:56pm On Aug 28, 2018
unto the badland

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favourite Movie So Far This Year? by Fourwinds: 4:57pm On Aug 28, 2018
abumeinben:
Darkest hour...
A brief on Winston Churchill about the last hour decision he took against the house just so England would not surrender to Hitler.

It's a must see.
I need to go for the film
Re: What's Your Favourite Movie So Far This Year? by darkelf: 4:58pm On Aug 28, 2018
meobizy:

It wasn’t deep. They relied mostly on visuals than anything else.
A movie like... I’ll come back to update this. I’m having a hard time thinking of an example.

Well my good Sir, that's the idea. It was supposed to expose how society will respond to the advent of artificial intelligence fused with virtual game reality. So, on other words, if such an 'Oasis" were to exist, people will spend more time in it than on the real world and you would probably recognize the animated version of your neighbour than his real form physically.
Re: What's Your Favourite Movie So Far This Year? by Aldebaran(m): 5:03pm On Aug 28, 2018
Tozara:
LIFELESS PRESIDENT.

The movie confirmed my suspicions about the leader of my country.
Lols grin
Re: What's Your Favourite Movie So Far This Year? by 2ruborn9ja(m): 5:05pm On Aug 28, 2018
Best movie so far in 2018
marcmao:
ACRIMONY by Tyler Perry (2018)
Re: What's Your Favourite Movie So Far This Year? by Fourwinds: 5:06pm On Aug 28, 2018
rita25:
ADDICTED................That movie is crey kiss
hope is not the one I have watch.....the man was acting like mumu
Re: What's Your Favourite Movie So Far This Year? by bebiee(f): 5:06pm On Aug 28, 2018
Pacific Rim uprising
Acrimony
kiss kiss
Re: What's Your Favourite Movie So Far This Year? by realtalk19: 5:13pm On Aug 28, 2018
ACRIMONY and skyscraper
Re: What's Your Favourite Movie So Far This Year? by ponti93(m): 5:16pm On Aug 28, 2018
Having watched every major movie that hit the cinema since this year began... I cant really chose one above all ... Some were so lit, i was glad i spent money on
d ticket... Some were so boring i almost slept off... And some were so disappointing dat i came out of d cinema wishin i had used d money to buy myself sme cold drinks n' rested at home angry... Some had me goin like wtf at d end .... shocked (infinity war)...
In other words i cant choose till d year ends... Bw looking forward to VENOM and THE NUN

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Favourite Movie So Far This Year? by Tycike: 5:23pm On Aug 28, 2018
The greatest showman.

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Favourite Movie So Far This Year? by Mayormoffy: 5:24pm On Aug 28, 2018
Acrimony by Tyler Perry, Ready player one and Coco....this movies na 'rewatch'.....

Just watched Acrimony just dis past night...lessons learnt if u believe in someone no matter d challenge just keep believing ...until d set time to favour dat situation will sure come...
Re: What's Your Favourite Movie So Far This Year? by emerged01(m): 5:28pm On Aug 28, 2018
marcmao:
ACRIMONY by Tyler Perry (2018)
This movie is the best have ever watched!
Re: What's Your Favourite Movie So Far This Year? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Aug 28, 2018
Upgrade
7 and a Half Date
Skyscraper was boring.
Love Deadpool 2.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's Your Favourite Movie So Far This Year? by kasynlives: 5:37pm On Aug 28, 2018
gidjah:
hmmmm that's my favourite movie so far. But "miracles from heaven ".. Baeg give me download links
someone sent it for me bro i didn't download it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

BBNaija: Maria Nominates Six Housemates For Eviction / Pavitra Rishta(divine Relationship) / Opizzy Sola Idris Opeyemi Wins N1.5m Lagos Grows Talents @ One Lagos Fiesta 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.