Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,630 members, 7,827,346 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

100s Of Women March Unclad To Call For Women’s Rights To Go Topless In Public - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 100s Of Women March Unclad To Call For Women’s Rights To Go Topless In Public (4349 Views)

Snakes Take Over Auchi Polytechnic, Student Runs Out Unclad From Bathroom / George Weah Declares Tuition Free In Public Universities In Liberia / Topless Mentally Unstable Lady Disrupts Lecture In UNIBEN (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

100s Of Women March Unclad To Call For Women’s Rights To Go Topless In Public by Aldebaran(m): 8:31pm On Aug 28, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LA3L8u2RJV0

Hundreds of women bared their chests as they paraded on the streets in New York in support of gender equality on Sunday.

The mobilisation, known as Go Topless Day, encouraged protesters to unhinge their bras and free their nipples while proudly march through the streets in public.

Some women can be seen holding protest signs, giving out leaflets and declaring that “war is obscene, not my nipples”.

Pictures emerged showing half-naked women walking through Midtown Manhattan as they fight for their right to go topless in public.

Although all protesters were welcomed to fully expose the breasts, there were some chose to cover their nipples with tape or body paint.

Some of the them carried posters with phrases like "Free the nipple", "Your body is not a mistake" or "Let's make the body normal again".

A pink breast-shaped balloon can be seen being put up on top of a car as it drive along with the protesters.

The New York City police has blocked off the parade route for full safety while the supporters enjoyed the scantily-clad event.

On its 11th celebration, this year’s march fell on August 26, which marked as the Women’s Equality Day.

The organisation explained that it was the day when women earned their rights to vote on the basis of Gender Equality in 1920.

The event was also held in the Netherlands, Germany, Canada, France, Chile and South Korea.

“As long as men are allowed to be topless in public, women should have the same constitutional right,” said Maitreya Rael, who inspired the creation of Go Topless in 2007.

According to Go Topless, states such as Utah and Indiana considered the showing of female breasts as an indecent act and offenders can be arrested for “disorderly conduct”.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/7115935/women-march-topless-new-york-equal-rights/

Lalasticlala

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 100s Of Women March Unclad To Call For Women’s Rights To Go Topless In Public by Aldebaran(m): 8:32pm On Aug 28, 2018
Since 1992, women have had the legal right to be topless in public in New York. In fact, most states have laws protecting public top nudity. Some states, like Washington, Florida and Virginia, have ambiguous laws on the matter, and only Utah, Tennessee and Indiana ban public toplessness entirely.

2 Likes

Re: 100s Of Women March Unclad To Call For Women’s Rights To Go Topless In Public by amaniro: 8:38pm On Aug 28, 2018
Why did you sensor it?! after masturbating with it angrydont want us to enjoy to

1 Like

Re: 100s Of Women March Unclad To Call For Women’s Rights To Go Topless In Public by LuciferChristi: 8:44pm On Aug 28, 2018
Heyy!!! Oluwa o!

If I leave this thread today make I die.
Seun please give me temporary moderator status for this thread alone.

I promise to desist from tribal slurs for a whole month.

6 Likes

Re: 100s Of Women March Unclad To Call For Women’s Rights To Go Topless In Public by Aldebaran(m): 8:46pm On Aug 28, 2018
amaniro:
Why did you sensor it?! after masturbating with it angrydont want us to enjoy to

Censor what?

1 Like

Re: 100s Of Women March Unclad To Call For Women’s Rights To Go Topless In Public by LuciferChristi: 8:56pm On Aug 28, 2018
amaniro:
Aldebaran:

Censor what?

Gentlemen, gentlemen... no violence on this thread please. grin There's enough to go round. Control your emotions.

Let's all attempt to be cool...

10 Likes

Re: 100s Of Women March Unclad To Call For Women’s Rights To Go Topless In Public by IMAliyu(m): 10:36pm On Aug 28, 2018
Is this the Cruse of not having any real problems to worry about...?

I wonder what would happen if this was in Nigeria....

2 Likes

Re: 100s Of Women March Unclad To Call For Women’s Rights To Go Topless In Public by youngreva(m): 10:44pm On Aug 28, 2018
And Jesus wept

5 Likes

Re: 100s Of Women March Unclad To Call For Women’s Rights To Go Topless In Public by Pat081: 10:51pm On Aug 28, 2018
This is wot I can call topless and nt like our own here dat they will still have bra on or small cloth and call it topless

3 Likes

Re: 100s Of Women March Unclad To Call For Women’s Rights To Go Topless In Public by indodon(m): 10:54pm On Aug 28, 2018
some of those boobs look really look like flip flops

3 Likes

Re: 100s Of Women March Unclad To Call For Women’s Rights To Go Topless In Public by FreshShavedBalls(m): 11:42pm On Aug 28, 2018
shocked

3 Likes

Re: 100s Of Women March Unclad To Call For Women’s Rights To Go Topless In Public by ponti93(m): 11:52pm On Aug 28, 2018
All i saw in the video were old ladies with retired boobs angry sad

3 Likes

Re: 100s Of Women March Unclad To Call For Women’s Rights To Go Topless In Public by ponti93(m): 11:52pm On Aug 28, 2018
All i saw in the video were old ladies with retired boobs angry

1 Like

Re: 100s Of Women March Unclad To Call For Women’s Rights To Go Topless In Public by KingLennon(m): 1:05am On Aug 29, 2018
Grand-mothers type of breast grin. This kind thing for no like happen for Nigeria? Let's see our real feminists nah

1 Like

Re: 100s Of Women March Unclad To Call For Women’s Rights To Go Topless In Public by Roughfyzay(m): 1:30am On Aug 29, 2018
Make I book space

1 Like

Re: 100s Of Women March Unclad To Call For Women’s Rights To Go Topless In Public by bdsm: 1:53am On Aug 29, 2018
Yeeeeessss! Women should be allowed to exhibit their brreast. Our African culture used to allow it i dont know why it changed.

2 Likes

Re: 100s Of Women March Unclad To Call For Women’s Rights To Go Topless In Public by haywhy1026(m): 2:42am On Aug 29, 2018
wow.....I wish this kind of protest can happen in Lagos

2 Likes

Re: 100s Of Women March Unclad To Call For Women’s Rights To Go Topless In Public by Teacher1776(m): 3:12am On Aug 29, 2018
Rebels everywhere. I don't even know what women want at all...

2 Likes

Re: 100s Of Women March Unclad To Call For Women’s Rights To Go Topless In Public by sheguy(m): 3:59am On Aug 29, 2018
See fresh fresh breast.

2 Likes

Re: 100s Of Women March Unclad To Call For Women’s Rights To Go Topless In Public by ebig21(m): 6:14am On Aug 29, 2018
Nigerian feminists should go topless in Lagos and Abuja before I take them serious,

4 Likes

Re: 100s Of Women March Unclad To Call For Women’s Rights To Go Topless In Public by hustler86(m): 7:04am On Aug 29, 2018
#Endtime smh
Re: 100s Of Women March Unclad To Call For Women’s Rights To Go Topless In Public by Nobody: 8:09am On Aug 29, 2018
I think say we sabi copy and paste,
What are we waiting for...?
Why can’t our LADIES copy them
Re: 100s Of Women March Unclad To Call For Women’s Rights To Go Topless In Public by SamOgasco(m): 8:18am On Aug 29, 2018
This is the real topless type of protest. Not like that type of IPOB fully covered breast protest they called protest by the IPOB women in Aba!

But come oooooooooo! Why do we have much of men than the women in the video clip? Abi na only me dey see am?
Re: 100s Of Women March Unclad To Call For Women’s Rights To Go Topless In Public by itiswellandwell: 9:48am On Aug 29, 2018
Ohh boy! This is what happens when a country is fully developed and the needs of the citizens are met by the government. The end result is that the citizens go come dey think nonsense think. This is a typical example.
Re: 100s Of Women March Unclad To Call For Women’s Rights To Go Topless In Public by Harry00(m): 9:55am On Aug 29, 2018
9ja girls were una dey lol na joke grin ooo
Re: 100s Of Women March Unclad To Call For Women’s Rights To Go Topless In Public by Greatzeus(m): 10:28am On Aug 29, 2018
They don't need to protest,let them go unclad already,that's their business

1 Like

Re: 100s Of Women March Unclad To Call For Women’s Rights To Go Topless In Public by Audray(f): 10:53am On Aug 29, 2018
I'm all for women's rights but: What the fuçk?! shocked

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Check JAMB Result On Your Phone / Pls In Need Of 5 Biochemistry Seminar Topics To Pick From,help! / Anambra State University Direct Entry Admission Info

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.